Anyone use instacart for delivery to resort?

chimommy

Mouseketeer
I would rather not do grocery shopping while on vacation... anyone use instacart? Looks like they will deliver from Costco and Safeway. Do you recommend? Thanks!

I would rather not do grocery shopping while on vacation... anyone use instacart? Looks like they will deliver from Costco and Safeway. Do you recommend? Thanks!
I haven't heard anything bad about it. We used Instacart at WDW last month and loved the ability to communicate with our shopper via text when substitutions were required.

I live on Oahu and use Instacart frequently because I hate dealing with parking at my Costco. One thing to know is that the online prices are generally 20% higher than you'll find in stores. There is also also a delivery fee and a tip is customary. All in all, expect to pay 30%-40% more than you would in store. If you order alcohol, your delivery person will need to imput your ID information into their smart phone so make sure you have that available. The upside is that they almost always deliver on time and nothing is missing from the order. The delivery person will text you if something is out of stock (which is rare) and ask if you'd like a replacement.

I think Safeway usually offers a $20 off $75 coupon for home delivery services.

Shipt is Target's delivery service. The advantage of Shipt is that there is no markup. For groceries, the Target's online prices are almost always cheaper than in store. For example, the brand of canned tomatoes I buy is $1.39 online but $1.99 in store. If you place a large enough grocery order, you may end up paying less for delivery than you would in stores, even after accounting for delivery fees and tap. The downside to Shipt is that deliveries are often late. On average, I'd say 10%-20% of the items I purchase online are out of stock and only more expensive replacements are available.

I am planning on doing Instacart for Aulani the first week of Feb. I don't mind paying the mark up to avoid going shopping on vacation!

The only downside I see to ordering online is that you may not see unique local products that you would see if you went in the store. Which could also be another upside, since that would probably cost you even more money!! LOL. I can totally understand not wanting to do chores wile on vacation (like me with laundry) but if you go that route, I’d suggest walking across to the ABC store to check out some local tastes from their grab and go, plus a good selection of local beers at much less than Aulani prices! Mmmmm poke and Kona beer...........

Just some pointers with InstaCart.
You will need to come down to pick up your items from the Valet area.
Bellman can help you after you confirm your items are accounted for.
Make sure your room is ready before you have your groceries delivered.

You can try instacart from home before you get there.
we love it, just like the other person said you can text your shopper during the whole process even add items

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter