• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone use Mickeys space ship shuttle?

I haven't used them, but last time I was at Disneyland, in Aug 2011, the driver pulled up at the same time the Disneyland Express was supposed to, his van even said on the side, in small print "Disneyland Express". He pulled up and was trying to solicit rides to the group of us who were waiting for the actual Disneyland Express bus--noone got on, so he left. This was at the Howard Johnson's. The actual Disneyland Express bus is a full size bus, and has pictures from the park on the side, and is blue. On the ride to the airport, we talked to the driver about Mickey's Spaceship Shuttle, and the driver said their known as "bandit" driver's, and to never take them, as they will run you around and rip you off.

So, personally, I would stay away from them.

They don't take credit cards so I don't hav to worry about fraud
Tia

This alone would make me question them. With a credit card you can dispute the charges. I'd be wary if they don't accept them.

I know a nice web design doesn't mean that something's legit, but I'd never book anything from a company with a website that looks like that.

Man I can't win trying to find something with car seats vs waiting an hr for the bus

My original thought was no need for cc to reserve a time ment if they didn't show I was no worse then waiting for the bus and no need to worry about fraud
Also figured if the site had their coupon listed they prob checked them out a little
Sounds like I should stay away and just wait the hr at the airport

I understand about finding a service that provides child seats. We will be traveling with just one child, but that would be one less thing to carry.

Looks like Jag Transportation has 14 passenger vans.
Of course I don't know if your group plus luggage would fit in one vehicle.
Traveling with a large group presents some challenges.

Sunny said they no longer have rides for over 7 people
Jag/Anaheim town cars said 8 people with car seats is $140
They didn't say anything about luggage and I didn't think to ask
All in all that would cost me $102 more then DLE bus but no wait at the airport for an hr with four kids who (with three hr time change) have been up 11 hrs
Not big on spending the money but time is money and headaches are worse lol

we are a big family (7 people 5 kids with two of those under eight) I originally didn't plan on bringing the boosters, because although I know its safer, I didn't think the law in California required it but I have since realized that yes its safer and the law requires it. We are bringing our two boosters on the plane now and using super shuttle but its from sna to disney so 63$ each way for an exclusive van, which means little to no waiting and driving straight to our hotel after our trip I couldn't imagine waiting an hour for a bus then taking the scenic route to the hotel.

But maybe you could do the town car service with car seats to the hotel and the bus back? save some money and be less stressful on the day of travel

That's why I think I'm going to do- town at to hotel and bus back
That's going to cost $264 vs $152 round trip but I think it will be worth it

It will just be 3 (me, DH, DS7) of us traveling and I haven't decided what service will use to get from SNA to DLR and back. Town cars are nice but 3 people, 3 suitcases , carry ons, and a stroller could be tight.
We have a 6:00am flight with a connection and arrive at SNA about 11:30 am. I will be up at 3 so I get the long travel time. This may be situation where I pay for the convenience of a direct ride and avoid the headache and delay of a shared shuttle.

It will just be 3 (me, DH, DS7) of us traveling and I haven't decided what service will use to get from SNA to DLR and back. Town cars are nice but 3 people, 3 suitcases , carry ons, and a stroller could be tight.
We have a 6:00am flight with a connection and arrive at SNA about 11:30 am. I will be up at 3 so I get the long travel time. This may be situation where I pay for the convenience of a direct ride and avoid the headache and delay of a shared shuttle.

We had four of us two adults two kids in a town car with three luggagees it fits just fine plus the stroller was with us so I wouldn't think you have any trouble.

We used Super Saver Shuttle last month for our group of 8 and I was very happy with them. Mike was the guy I spoke to on the phone to make the reservations and I think he was the same driver that picked us up. They do supply free car seats. We were picked up at the Orange Co airport and delivered to Del Sol Inn and charged $50.00 round trip. Our return flight was at 6:00am and he was there right on time to get us and called before hand to confirm out pickup. Their number is 714-715-4566.

I tried to use them again a couple of weeked later for my return trip to the airport on 1/1/13 for just myself. They were booked up, but he was nice enough to give me the number for another shuttle service that was able to come get me.

We used Super Saver Shuttle last month for our group of 8 and I was very happy with them. Mike was the guy I spoke to on the phone to make the reservations and I think he was the same driver that picked us up. They do supply free car seats. We were picked up at the Orange Co airport and delivered to Del Sol Inn and charged $50.00 round trip. Our return flight was at 6:00am and he was there right on time to get us and called before hand to confirm out pickup. Their number is 714-715-4566.

I tried to use them again a couple of weeked later for my return trip to the airport on 1/1/13 for just myself. They were booked up, but he was nice enough to give me the number for another shuttle service that was able to come get me.
Thanks, ill check them out
So not to be confused they are not super shuttle but super saver shuttle.
Do they have a web site? A google search just comes up with super shuttle and no saver

I would never book with them due to the bizarre website

Same here.

Man I can't win trying to find something with car seats vs waiting an hr for the bus

You're coming into LAX, right? At a time when the bus comes every hour?

So if you really can't get away from that, check out sites like flightaware or flightstats to see where your flight normally comes in. Then check the airport website to see if there's a Starbucks in that terminal, or a food place, etc, and make sure they are open. If you KNOW that it will be, say, 10 then 11pm when the next buses come, and you landed at 9:55pm, you know you can't make the 10pm. So *take your time*. Take your time getting off the plane; sit back and let the others stand in the aisle for 20 minutes, and just relax in your seat. Once they are off, calmly get your own stuff together. Don't rush at all. If there's something interesting open, even if it's just the Hudson News stand, in your gate area, stop there. Stop and go to the restroom at the gate area; SO much better than on the plane or waiting until after you get to the hotel! Don't rush to the carousel. Look around. It's not pretty there, but at least you will remember what it looks like if you take your time.

When you get to the luggage carousel, again, take your time. Get a luggage cart. Get your stuff.

When we've landed at LAX with a wait until the bus, once we do all the above, we tend to walk up to Terminal 1 so that we are first on the bus. It kills time, stretches our legs, and gets us our choice of seats. Now...only do this if you are sure of the timing! Check out the map of LAX from the outside to see where you will probably be coming out and see how many terminals you pass until the 1st. Once you look at the map, this will make more sense to you. :) This does involve walking outside as far as I have noticed, which means exhaust smells, loud cars, and cigarette smoke, so if those will be issues, don't take that walk.

If you're just going to wait at your terminal for the bus, bring some simple games to pass the time with the kids. Don't just sit there staring at each other (this is also my advice, from experience, for doing child swap...don't just sit there waiting, go do something!). Be prepared for the wait.

If you take your time, relax, and are prepared for the wait, it'll be OK. Time changes going west are painful in the evenings, I understand! But preparation (and talking about it with the kids a lot beforehand) will help a lot.

Since you simply do not wish to bring the carseats, the Express is the only option I would take (especially given the way some shuttle drivers drive, I would NEVER trust a carseat provided by any of them). So use it, be prepared, and have a nice relaxing start to your trip.

You might want to check the schedule of the Disneyland Resort Express, because that might be during the time the bus comes every half hour. And SNA is a lot more pleasant to hang out in than LAX is. at 11:30 Am everything will be open, so you could get a snack or coffee (or wine), before heading down to get luggage and walk over to the shuttle pickup area.

Thanks, ill check them out
So not to be confused they are not super shuttle but super saver shuttle.
Do they have a web site? A google search just comes up with super shuttle and no saver

Nope, it's not Super Shuttle. It's just a very small company. We used them a while back from the airport (without reservations) to our hotel and I saved their card. They were the first ones I called when I was looking for a shuttle for our group of 8. I thought the $50 price was a bargain so I didn't look any further. The driver, Mike, was so nice and polite. I was sad that they were booked up for my return trip to the airport on 1/1/13, but I thought it was nice of him to give me another number to call that could help me.:)

$90 one way, car seats included from lax
Awesome
Going to book this I am sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter