Anyone Use Sage Telecom?

Jeff in BigD

Oldschool DISer
Man, I'm just a need machine today! ;)

We use the major phone company & pay about $60+ a month. Someone mentioned that Sage only charges $30.

Here's my concerns:
-We have call notes & want to keep the service (I think it's only available through the major phone cmpany)

-We have a great phone number & don't want it to change.

-We are charged .10¢ a minute for long distance & now that the folks & some friends are in different area codes, we'd either like explanded areas or better rates.

Anyway I just wanted to get a heads up before I call them & show myself on their radar.

Call Notes? What is that? I would think that since Sage is probably leasing your major telcom's lines for their use, they may be able to offer the same services. Call and ask, that's easy enough to ask without switching. same thing with the phone #. Generally the only reason you would have to switch numbers is if you move out of your LATA.

10 cents a minute? Haven't you heard of 10-10-220 or any of those hundreds of others? You can always change your long distance to sprint, MCI Worldcom (oops, maybe not them), AT&T and a host of others.

Make sure Sage doesn't nickel and dime you. Find out about all fees up front - they may charge you for things you get included in your Big Bell right now, making the charges more level.

Just a note - I have SWBT and our LD rate to anywhere, anytime is 7 cents a minute. I know SWBT offers Call Notes, but I don't know the charges.
-MrsAPalm

JF - Call Notes is basically voice mail for your house phone. It's nice because you can check the messages from whereever, whenever. I haven't used any of the 10-10-numbers because usually the calls have been rather short & usually cost less than $1. It was a bigger deal before than it is now, as only one person (during the school year) lives just out of the call range.

Do you have a suggestion on the question list I should ask?

mrsapalm - We use SWBT too, but I guess they have different rates for us. Call notes is $7 a month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter