Anyone use Shutterfly for photo books?

Can someone comment on the shipping times? Right now, for free shipping, the estimated arrival date for a photo book is Dec. 19-23. Is that likely to be when the book actually arrives?

I'm finding them much faster this year than in the past (I never pay for upgraded shipping). I've never had something arrive later than the estimated dates but lately I've been getting things earlier. I'm not sure if they changed carriers, but I used to curse FedEx last year because the tracking would show it sitting still for days at a time. I think my items have been coming UPS this year.

Their discounts haven't been as great as other years (you used to be able to stack like crazy) but I still pay 50% off for photo books and use free codes all the time. They send out codes through many different companies- Kellogg's Family Rewards, My Coke Rewards, Destination Maternity, Pampers, Discover and I'm sure I'm missing some. I stopped using Snapfish years ago because I found that Shutterfly quality is much better (although I admit I'm picky).

Thanks for your list - there are a few I don't use!

I can add JoAnn Fabrics, Ikea Family and Mom365 (newborn hospital photo company). I also use some of my Discover cashback to get Shutterfly gift cards - $20 in rewards is worth $25 at Shutterfly which I then use for shipping. And I'm terrible about remembering Ebates, but they're on there too.

I have 2 coupons for Free 8x8 hardcover photo book or save $29.99 on larger book that I'm not going to use if anyone wants. Expires 12/15/16.

Their shipping is great this year. I ordered five books last Sunday night, arrived five different locations NLT Saturday. They aren't stacking codes like they used to, unfortunately. I had five my coke rewards codes, but could only use one at a time. However I was able to use a 50% off code for the additional pages and album type. I did try several different types of codes, including free shipping, before realizing it was cheaper to just check out one album at a time, which worked out anyway since now I don't have to mail.

I have 2 coupons for Free 8x8 hardcover photo book or save $29.99 on larger book that I'm not going to use if anyone wants. Expires 12/15/16.

I would love them if you still had them. We just got back from our annual trip and I'm looking at making two for my parents Christmas present.

I would love the second coupon if you still have them. Thanks so much for the offer! I appreciate it!!

I love shutterfly too. i like that you can custom your pages because sometimes the layout is just not the way I want it. I also do not like the new enhancements to the website, but if you aren't used to the old way, it prob won't bother you.

I do not think you can do a 150 page book. I usually have books in the 90s. I seem to remember 100 being the max unless something has changed.

I just went in to a book I've been working on and the limit is 111 pages no matter what size. They are 20 pages standard and if you click to add pages it says you can add up to 91 pages. I think the longest book I've made was around 106.

I ordered this year with 40% off code and free calendar code. Got a whole week sooner than they stated, which was great, because i was supposed to be out of town on arrival day. I would warn you though that ups and fed ex suspend delivery guarantees close to christmas, so you may need to pay to be sure. I agree with all posters, quality is excellent.

I used Shutterfly for my wedding photo books and they came out great. 6 years later the books are in great shape. Highly recommend.
Yup we did that in 2013. All books still look great.
________
I haven't been on there for a very long time so I can't speak to the user-friendly aspect but I did like the quality of the books.

What is with the blank photo page at the end (in addition to the paper end page)? I had read about Shutterfly putting their logo on the back of the last page but I didn't realize they would add a whole second piece of blank paper to the book. Do you all make an odd number of pages so that something is printed on the front of the page with the logo?

Kind of sad because I do like the quality of the book for the price (with discount of course) but right now I don't think I will order another photo book from Shutterfly because who wants a totally blank page with a logo on the back?

We have used shutterfly for years. We do a year in review book and give them out for x-mas presents. We put the year on the spine. It's pretty cool to go through them like little year books and see the kids grow up.

SO I just started using them and they have a max of 111 pages, how do you get a whole year into 111 pages??? I was using Snapfish with 150 pages and making quarterly books. I do take a lot of photos and I love to keep most of them, I am not a 1 or 2 per occasion kind of gal, maybe that's why. I was VERY disappointed today to realize it's only 111, I have 700 pics from Disney alone this year, guess that will have to be it's own book

I am really not sure of this Shutterfly thing now, I have a 90some page book that is going to cost $98 after the 50% off plus shipping....that's a lot more than I was spending with Snapfish. I may have to go back to poor customer service (but a good product)

Any other suggestions?????

I am really not sure of this Shutterfly thing now, I have a 90some page book that is going to cost $98 after the 50% off plus shipping....that's a lot more than I was spending with Snapfish. I may have to go back to poor customer service (but a good product)

Any other suggestions?????

Use SHIP39 for free shipping. How much will that take the cost down?

I thought that I read that they no longer stack codes so I need the 50% off book code. I can try that, the shipping was@8 so its getting better LOL. Just a tad disappointing because Shnapfihsallowed150 pages in book and I'd pay @$80 for 150page book. This is 111 page book for $90-100 so considerable more expensive.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but don't forget to use Ebates to shop Shutterfly to get a percentage back. It will add up with those photo books. Even with coupon codes, they are not cheap.

I thought that I read that they no longer stack codes so I need the 50% off book code. I can try that, the shipping was@8 so its getting better LOL. Just a tad disappointing because Shnapfihsallowed150 pages in book and I'd pay @$80 for 150page book. This is 111 page book for $90-100 so considerable more expensive.

I've found they don't stack as many codes as they used to but some will still work together. Free shipping should always work if you hit the price point. They don't let you stack ones that they consider in the same category - I have a free book and multiple $20 off coupons in my account right now but those are in the same category so I can only use one at a time. But on my December book, I was able to use free shipping, 50% off and a free hardcover book code.

I just put all the codes in my account when I get them and Shutterfly will use as many as it can automatically. On very very rare occasions it chooses one that is not ultimately the cheapest and you can change those manually if you want.

I like shutterfly for ease of use, and the nice books. They're expensive though, I usually get the free offers,and then pay a hefty ship fee for whatever. I just got my new book,and I like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter