Anyone use those vacuum locked bags?

Rafiki Rafiki Rafiki

<font color=peach>I took matters into my own hands
I saw the tv ad for them the other day, and it was talking about how much less space your stuff will take.

We're going to WDW for 8 days at the end of the week, and it occured to me that if I could use these bags, we wouldn't have to take as many suitcases.

We have access to a vacuum to re-close them on the other end, but I've never used one of these before and am interested in knowing if they're really worth the cost.

Any help?

I am curious too. I am particularly interested in the bags your roll the air out of - rather than use a vacuum cleaner.. because normally I do NOT have a vacuum handy on the other end!

We just used the "roll the air out" bags for our January trip and they worked great!!!

There were 2 of us going for a week and we weren't sure what the weather would be like so we brought some of everything - including jackets and fleeces. Managed to get it all in one 27" pullman with clothing going into "the bags" - also worked out great for the dirty laundry and the way back and the souveniers!

I highly recommend them!

Believe it or note, they really work! The roll-up ones are great for packing things that don't wrinkle easily and they save a lot of space. Also, great for separating dirty stuff going home.

We also used the roll-up bags last week - especially great for sweaters and sweatshirts, also socks and underwear.

Ditto! They really do save a lot of space.

I have a bunch of the vacuum types. I keep a extra set of clothes and a blanket in a really small box in my truck. You can use a small one pack an entire spare change of clothes for the parks. A couple hints, once it is compressed you cant fold it at all just a small heavy mass. They don't recommend things like sleeping bags down jackets or pillows for a long period as they wont re-fluff (Huh?).
RussH

Where can you get the roll-up kind? I haven't seen them before.

I found the roll up kind at Target. They had them in the section with the Ziploc bags. They worked really well. For small items, i.e., socks, undies, children's clothes, the 1 or 2 gallon Zipper type Ziploc bags work well too. Close the bag leaving about an inch unzipped, roll up to zipper forcing out the air and finish closing while still rolled. When you unroll, it's air tight.

Wow. I'll have to try this. I'm thinking it would be great when DS goes backpacking, too. I always bag his clothes so they won't get wet, but I never thought of squeezing out the air like that. Thanks for the idea.

I just recieved the ones on tv, and we are planning on using the roll up bag when we leave for wdw in april. I am planning on storing my wedding dress in the jumbo, to have more space in my closet.:smooth:

Someone above mentioned squeezing all the air out of your ziplock bags before sealing them all the way. I thing the easiest way to do this is to sit on the bag. Leave it open about an inch, sit on it and while you're still sitting on it, close the bag the rest of the way.

If there is something you don't want to sit on, try inserting a straw and closing the zipper around it. Then you can use the straw to suck the excess air out, remove the straw and finish closing the bag. I do this with stuff in the freezer all time. I also so it if we are bringing something like pretzels with us - but be careful how you pack them, because without the excess air cushioning them, they will break easier.

My sister used the roll up ones this month when we all went to Disney. She put 2 feather pillows in each one and rolled them up to practically nothing! Fit in the suitcase with plenty of room to spare. I think she bought them at Wallmart.

I'm definitly going to get the roll up ones. They were sooo easy!

Mittens

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter