• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone use Tony the Limo King before?

ballarinamom

DIS Veteran
We've used Kim Sontha for our last trip when we flew into LGB. They did a great job and was $55 for the 4 of us in a nice black SUV. I saw in a trip report where someone used Tony for a City tour. I looked up his website and he does SNA for $35. Just wanted to know if anyone has used him and what your experience was. Thanks in advance

hi ballarinamom, I'm wondering if it would be better for us to do this instead of take the Super Shuttle from SNA to the Paradise Pier? If you find out more info, please let me know?? I'm subscribing to this thread, just in case. when are you going?

We used them. Gorgeous car. We didn't tell our 8 and 6 year olds we were getting a limo and they were sooooooooo excited when they saw it and LOVED the drive in it. We just went from the airport to our hotel. We had to wait around outside for about 10 minutes before he arrived though.

jacs, thanks for letting me know...I wonder if the cost is about the same as taking a shuttle bus? We were going to reserve seats for the super shuttle, I wonder if it would be about the same price wise? The price I was quoted was $40 for all 4 of us...

I just called them and they quoted me $65 plus tip from SNA. I think that is very reasonable and would much rather do this than the shuttle. You have to wait until the shuttle has all of the passengers before they leav. And it 's not a direct to my hotel. You may have to stop at other hotels before they get to yours. You can get a flat rate cab TO your hotel but will be metered BACK to the airport. If you hit traffic or construction....$$$...

I just called them and they quoted me $65 plus tip from SNA. I think that is very reasonable and would much rather do this than the shuttle. You have to wait until the shuttle has all of the passengers before they leav. And it 's not a direct to my hotel. You may have to stop at other hotels before they get to yours. You can get a flat rate cab TO your hotel but will be metered BACK to the airport. If you hit traffic or construction....$$$...

I called a cab company about our upcoming trip and asked them how much to go to our resort and they quoted me a price... nothing about being metered BACK to the airport.... how can they do that? How would they figure it, how would you know what to pay if they did hit traffic on the way back? What am I missing? No cab trip is round trip, is it?

Did they quote you a price for the return? What I have experienced is a flat rate TO the hotel. Then the cab is a metered cab on the way back to the airport. Several trips I received a flat rate coupon from the bell captain at the DLH but haven't been able to get that in a while. If the cab is metered, the money is adding up in heavy traffic, red lights and construction. It could be alot more than your original fare

Be sure you get everything in writing and keep the contract with you!

It was nice for me because I was a single mom traveling with young kids. He showed up when he said he would and got us to and from the beach (from HoJo) safely. In my original quote he priced the round trip at $100.

That day, he sent a jeep instead of a limo to pick us up. We did get the limo going back to the hotel...but he was upset that the kids had sand on them!

In addition, he tried to raise the price to $160. I won't speculate as to why, midtrip when we didn't even get a limo one way, he tried to raise the price by 60%....but, as I said, I was a single female traveling alone with kids.

I wasn't seriously upset about any of that...then or now...but this time I rented a car instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter