Anyone use Xfinity Mobile?

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
Our phone bill is too expensive - about $190 for four lines (all phones paid for). I recently stumbled across Xfinity mobile and the cost seems like a good price. I’m leery because I don’t know anyone that uses Xfinity for their mobile provider, and well, it’s Xfinity. I’m looking for any feedback, both good and bad. TIA!

Our phone bill is too expensive - about $190 for four lines (all phones paid for). I recently stumbled across Xfinity mobile and the cost seems like a good price. I’m leery because I don’t know anyone that uses Xfinity for their mobile provider, and well, it’s Xfinity. I’m looking for any feedback, both good and bad. TIA!

What I seen Xfinity will be more. They won’t advertise all the taxes and 911 fees and everything else. 45 times 4 is 180 before all the taxes and everything else that is added on. So you will be paying more. You want unlimited.

Last edited:
It might be cheaper if you don’t use much data a month. I think they advertise $12 per gig of data. If you didn’t use much per month, you could save money!

OP, we still have AT&T which we hate. We might look into xfinity once our 24 months are up. We don’t use much cell data per month.

What I seen Xfinity will be more. They won’t advertise all the taxes and 911 fees and everything else. 45 times 4 is 180 before all the taxes and everything else that is added on. So you will be paying more. You want unlimited.
I've used xfinity mobile for almost 18 months now. My bill is $55.48 for one line: $45 unlimited, $7.50 phone cost (this should be the last month), whopping $2.98 taxes, fees, etc. for one line.

The OP will want to check, but should be able to choose individual plans based on ussge. So if two people use their phones primarily to text, those two phones can by on the "by the gig" plan. The day my current billing cycle closed, i switched to that plan. In two weeks, I've used 0.1 gigs.

I switched to total wireless about a month ago and it has been great, if you want to research an alternative. The switch took 10 minutes at my kitchen table. I've noticed no difference from the overpriced verizon service I paid for the last decade. I brought my own phones so just required a 99cents sim.
https://www.totalwireless.com/serviceplan?session=reset

For families, clark howard always raves about tmobileONE. I have no experience with it, but seems like a good deal if you have many lines.

I've used xfinity mobile for almost 18 months now. My bill is $55.48 for one line: $45 unlimited, $7.50 phone cost (this should be the last month), whopping $2.98 taxes, fees, etc. for one line.

The OP will want to check, but should be able to choose individual plans based on ussge. So if two people use their phones primarily to text, those two phones can by on the "by the gig" plan. The day my current billing cycle closed, i switched to that plan. In two weeks, I've used 0.1 gigs.

We don’t use a lot of data, which is one reason the plan through Xfinity is appealing to me.

You can bring your own phones, outright purchase phones from xfinity, or buy with an interest-free payment plan. Automatic billing, payment is processed about two weeks after your billing period closes. You can switch between plans any time; you would want to confirm that not all four phones need to be on one plan or the other.

I'm happy with the service. It's reliable. Calls and texts are free.

There is a Comcast wifi hot spot in the building where I work, my phone is connected to that all day. Seriously considering Xfinity Mobile as I do not use even 1 gig/month.
Yeah, there's one in my apartment complex - close enough that I use it outside instead of data. Oh, yes. If you don't have xfinity service, there's a surcharge

I use xfinity mobile for my parents, who barely go online. Since they use Verizon towers, and their signal is strong here, I haven't had any issues, and we were able to just bring over their Verizon phones without issue.

Downside is it's $45/mo for unlimited, so on the off chance they go over 3GB of data each month, it dumps them from the per gig plan ($12/GB) to the unlimited plan. Compare this to Verizon where I pay $40/mo for unlimited. They leave the country often, so their bills are often zero on those stretches, so it's worth it.

One thing to note: their phones do NOT accept an international SIM card if you are traveling UNTIL the phone is paid in full. If you bring your own phone, not a problem, but if you are looking to buy one through them, keep this in mind.

you would want to confirm that not all four phones need to be on one plan or the other.

I'll confirm this as I have some people on a per gig plan, others on the unlimited, and frequently flip people back and forth. That's one of the big +++'s of xfinity mobile.

Downside is... if you ever want to change cable providers, you will have to move people off the mobile plan unless you're willing to pay a surcharge (not worth it).

Yeah, there's one in my apartment complex - close enough that I use it outside instead of data. Oh, yes. If you don't have xfinity service, there's a surcharge
Comcast is my ISP/cable provider, a very nice perk to not have to use data most of the time.

We've had Xfinity mobile for over a year. I believe they use Verizon towers, so coverage is excellent. We have 3 phones, and pay by the gig. We turn the data off on my daughter's phone, and my wife and I never use data to watch videos. On average, we pay about $32 / month for all 3 phones.

I have been using them since they started the service. No issues.

It is 100mb free, anything over you get charged the $12 (?), that carries to you 1GB, then if over that another $12.

I keep my phone on wifi 24/7, data turned off. I've never gone over 100mb.

My average monthly charge is $2.32 (which are the taxes, FCC fees, etc.). I am an xFinity customer for internet/tv so I don't pay any surcharge (I think it is $10 if you do not have other services with them).

Word of Caution: if you buy a phone from them be sure to be connected to wifi before setup or it will eat a good chunk of data. Also go through your apps and be sure to turn off "background data - enable use of cell data in background" .. or some such wording.

I like that you can switch between plans at any time. So if you are going to be traveling you can switch to the unlimited for the month, then back when you are done. I think you pay for the month in advance, so probably would have to pay 2 months.

I have the least expensive phone they had at the time, LG xCharge. Has been great. And at the time they were running a start up sale, so it only cost $1. I was nervous thinking it would be some dinosaur clunker, but is is a nice up to date smart phone. Camera is decent. Everything is fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!