• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone used ART from HOJO to DL?

4evrdisney

Earning My Ears
We will be at DL in October, staying at Hojo. DD is 3 and DS is 5. I'm thinking that the walk back at night could be rough - even with the double stroller.

Has anyone used ART while staying at Hojo? If so, what did you think? It looked from the ART website like Hojo was the last stop? But, then I read on another thread that Peacock Suites was the last stop on that route?

Curious for any opinions out there?

1. Peacock may be the last pick up on the way to the parks. I think that's why the poster said they didn't have a place to sit.

2. ART with double stroller is a bigger pain than walking!! If both are sleeping then you have to take both out to fold the stroller and get on ART. If you have a double stroller, then walk back to HOJOs!! In December DH walked to Hampton Inn (20-30 min walk) with 2 sleeping kids in the double because it was too hard to take them out and get on the shuttle. I rode ART with my 2 oldest DDs and only got back to the hotel 5+ minutes ahead of him (and our hotel was the only stop on the route!!)

We have always used ART but thats cause we stay at places that are too far to walk back to. On that note, like the pp I HATE folding the beast of a double stroller up and hauling the kids and the stuff out of the stroller onto the bus. I would walk if at all possible. But if you feel like you cant take another step and you have a car while you are staying, maybe one grownup could go back and get the car and pick the rest of you up in the little parking lot right outside the bus dropoff area?

But if you feel like you cant take another step and you have a car while you are staying, maybe one grownup could go back and get the car and pick the rest of you up in the little parking lot right outside the bus dropoff area?

Always an excellent idea....but that can be a loooong wait!

We will be at DL in October, staying at Hojo. DD is 3 and DS is 5. I'm thinking that the walk back at night could be rough - even with the double stroller.

Has anyone used ART while staying at Hojo? If so, what did you think? It looked from the ART website like Hojo was the last stop? But, then I read on another thread that Peacock Suites was the last stop on that route?

Curious for any opinions out there?

Yes, we used ART a couple of times when we were there two weeks ago (to/from HoJo). We were the last stop on the way TO Disneyland in the morning. We used it later in the morning (9:30ish) without issue. The one day we tried getting on earlier (maybe 8:45) it was full...and the next one was full, too, but we squished on and had to stand for the 2 minute ride.

On the way back in the evening I believe the Peacock was the first stop. HoJo was the last stop. We had to wait maybe 10 minutes at the stop and then it was a 15 minute ride (give or take). The one evening it was raining and there were a ton of people waiting so we just walked. Disclaimer: our son is deathly scared of fireworks so we always left before the fireworks/park closure. I'm sure the lines would be longer closer to the closing time.

This map shows the route I remember (#7) except I never remember us stopping at Greenwood Suites.

http://www.rideart.org/index.php?loc=3

We have not used ART, but I wanted to say when we stay at Hojo's we have never found it to be a problem walking back with our double stroller. Last time we even had all three of our kids (7yo, 3yo, 1yo) riding in the double stroller...:rotfl2:. We thought it was too much of a pain to load the ART.
Plus...the stroll back to the hotel could help decompress the "high" from a day at the parks, rather than sitting on a loud bus that is constantly stopping.
Just my .02

I agree with the previous poster. I found it much easier to just walk back with the stroller and leave my son undisturbed. I think that was the most comfortable for him, we bundled him good, reclined that thing all the way back. He usually fell asleep before we left the park, and was too tired. I found the walk back to Hojo at night relaxing too.

I agree with the poster who said ART with a double stroller is worse than walking :laughing: I would take a cab before ART. Can't be more than $10.

Don't do the ART from Hojo. It was the last stop when we were there and found it not to be consistently on time. We didn't think it was worth the money. I would do the walk.

Gee, I had the opposite view. Of course I didn't have a stroller so I can't address that. I'm 60 and didn't feel like walking with my poor feet and having them hurt before I even GOT to Disneyland. I took it to Disneyland and was there in a jiffy. Took it home in the evening and there were 3 stops, but they are all along the way so it went quick and it was nice to sit down.

We have not used ART, but I wanted to say when we stay at Hojo's we have never found it to be a problem walking back with our double stroller. Last time we even had all three of our kids (7yo, 3yo, 1yo) riding in the double stroller...:rotfl2:. We thought it was too much of a pain to load the ART.
Plus...the stroll back to the hotel could help decompress the "high" from a day at the parks, rather than sitting on a loud bus that is constantly stopping.
Just my .02

This is us too! Our double jogger regularly holds 3 kids!!

But if you feel like you cant take another step and you have a car while you are staying, maybe one grownup could go back and get the car and pick the rest of you up in the little parking lot right outside the bus dropoff area?

Always an excellent idea....but that can be a loooong wait!

I did that once, picking up DW & DGD6 (at the time). Really, it didn't take long to hoof back to HoJo's. Admittedly, I can walk fast when I want to. But by separating as soon as we got out of the exit at DL, and arranging to pick them up at the bus stop on Harbor, they weren't waiting more than a few minutes by the time I picked up the car and got back to them.

And to answer the other objection, HoJo's has ample parking space. Had no problem getting convenient parking when we returned.

-Bob

I did that once, picking up DW & DGD6 (at the time). Really, it didn't take long to hoof back to HoJo's. Admittedly, I can walk fast when I want to. But by separating as soon as we got out of the exit at DL, and arranging to pick them up at the bus stop on Harbor, they weren't waiting more than a few minutes by the time I picked up the car and got back to them.

And to answer the other objection, HoJo's has ample parking space. Had no problem getting convenient parking when we returned.

-Bob

I meant if the other adult took ART back to HOJOs to get the car. We considered doing this when we stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites but it would've been a 30-45 minute wait and DH decided to walk with the stroller instead.

We bought an ART pass from reception at HOJO just in case we felt like catching it. I thought it was a very convenient thing to have and we made good use of it several times.

Usually we walked to DL in the morning, unless the ART was at the front when we got there and that happened a few times. Coming back we used it a fair few times too. Even though the HOJO was always the last stop it didn't take long at all. Probably just as long as it would have taken to walk.

I think it was very convenient to have and I will definately get passes next time we are there. It's not so much that the walk is so far but sometimes it's easy to just jump on a bus, especially when you are laden with shopping bags (as we were most days :rotfl: )

xxx

Hope this helps.

HoJo's is the last pick-up before proceeding to Disneyland Transfer center. We were the last stop going toward Disneyland, CA, and Downtown Disney.

Art takes a lunch break --not sure of time--but make sure you ask the driver so you are not waiting for transportation that could be 60 mins off.

Going back to HOJO from the park-- pick up is same as drop off point. Route goes past Garden Walk. There are a number of nice reastaurants located at the walk. This in turn gives you transportation back to hojos so no walking needed unless you close the stores up. But my suggestion would be to take a cab should the Art not be running.

Using Art was very easy. I purchased pass via Hojo's. By purchasing pass at HOJO I was able to place pass on my Credit Card.

I did walk to Disneyland when ever I "Just missed the bus" :).

I never noticed anyone have issues using strollers.

Have a fun trip.

Patty

We loved using the ART when we stayed at the Hojo. We didn't use strollers, so I can't help you with that, but I can tell you we found it a lifesaver on late nights and long days, and well worth the small fee.
We also plan to use it on our next trip!

I don't think I'd ever use ART while staying at HoJo ~ maybe if I came upon it while heading to or from the parks but I would never wait for it. The walk is really easy IMO. It'd be awful to be packed in with a bunch of grumpy people at the end of the day ~ been there, done that while staying at other hotels. If I didn't want to walk I'd take a cab, but still by the time you get to the cab area your practically to the HoJo!

We bought the 3 day ART pass which was a waste of money. Every time we tried to catch it in the morning it was jam packed and we'd wait for the next one which was also jam packed. Hojo like the others mentioned is the last stop before heading into the park.

My sister-in-law took the ART back with the tired kids while I walked back to Hojo's with my little one in the stroller. We were back in the room resting for 20 minutes before they made it back on ART.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter