• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone used Costco Travel?

shuteye

Mouseketeer
So I was going to purchase hotel and tickets thru Orbitz but I can't seem to get a definite answer if tickets thru Orbitz can be upgraded to annual passes? So I am now thinking of going thru Costco Travel? They said they work directly with Disney and tkts can be upgraded. Any info on someone who has done this?

We used Costco Travel last year, but not for AP's. I can verify that all of our stuff came directly from DLR, not Costco. I made a change to Park Hoppers before we arrived, and had to call direct to Disney for that. I was very happy with our Costco deal, btw.

We used Costco Travel last year, but not for AP's. I can verify that all of our stuff came directly from DLR, not Costco. I made a change to Park Hoppers before we arrived, and had to call direct to Disney for that. I was very happy with our Costco deal, btw.
Ok that makes me feel better it came straight from DLR. Thank you

Packages are sent out about 3 weeks before your trip. I believe UPS is the carrier. You or someone will need to sign for the delivery.

Geemo

Using them for the 2nd time now. 1st time, we got a gift card for $50 toDisney, a voucher for free premium character dining for the 3 of us, Disney luggage tags, free voucher for lanyards and pins for the 3 of us. With all those freebies, it seemed the best deal for us when I priced it all out.

We have bought parkhopper tickets when they sold them at Costco in the past and we were able to upgrade, so I don't think it will be a problem.

Yep. Ou trip is this month the 28-30. Not the package and photo pass plu came exactly 20 days before leaving and both arrived via UPS directly from DLR

Great, thank you for all the replies. Definitely helped make my decision to use them!

We LOVE using Costco Travel...they will also match the price Disney has if your package for some reason doesn't include a discount. Last trip I think Disney was offering 20% off premium rooms and when I priced it with Costco their package was a few dollars more and when I called they automatically matched it.

I also know they will honor Good Neighbor specials - for instance when the hotels do book 4 nights and get the 5th free.

So we've always been happy with them, and I love getting the free photo and $5 ESPN Zone credits.

We LOVE using Costco Travel...they will also match the price Disney has if your package for some reason doesn't include a discount. Last trip I think Disney was offering 20% off premium rooms and when I priced it with Costco their package was a few dollars more and when I called they automatically matched it.

I also know they will honor Good Neighbor specials - for instance when the hotels do book 4 nights and get the 5th free.

So we've always been happy with them, and I love getting the free photo and $5 ESPN Zone credits.
Thanks! Good to know!

After using Costco Travel for our last three trips, I wouldn't go through anyone else. The member benefits are great!

After using Costco Travel for our last three trips, I wouldn't go through anyone else. The member benefits are great!
I would love to use them but when I look at our dates, only a few good neighbor hotels are listed, none of which are on our list. Any tips?

I would love to use them but when I look at our dates, only a few good neighbor hotels are listed, none of which are on our list. Any tips?

Call Costco Travel directly, I once was booking a trip for my boss and the GN Hotel he wanted wasn't available and when I called it turned out there was some glitch because of a rate change. So I would call them

Use them all the time, though we didn't upgrade PHs from them. I can tell you that if you have APs you can still book thru Costco: just give them your AP number (at booking or whenever if you're buying the APs after you book). You still get all the Costco extras: dining vouchers, lanyard & pin, etc. Great deal!

I have upgraded tickets, from two-day to three-day, purchased as part of a Costco package--never into an AP though (but I would guess that the same rules apply). From what I recall, you had to do it at a certain time--e.g., you couldn't do it on the evening your ticket(s) expires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter