• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone used D&R Mobility Rental lately?

MermaidHair

Mouseketeer
So I just called Deckerts to order my scooter for my upcoming trip and they told me the Carousel will no longer let them deliver there. They have an exclusive provider now. So I called Carousel and they gave me the number of D&R Mobility Rental. I have reserved one through them ($35/day) but now I am worried about using a new vendor. Deckerts is so highly reviewed on the boards. Can anyone give me a positive or negative review for D&R?

Thanks

I used them last September as they partner with the Candy Cane and I needed a last-minute scooter. The hotel arranged it, so I can't speak to that part, but here's why I can't recommend them:

I had a 24-hour reservation; from 3pm to 3pm. The Candy Cane does not allow them in their rooms, so they told me to bring it to the office and night and it would be charged for me. I did so. The next morning I went out to go to my ADR at Carnation Cafe and the scooter was gone. When I inquired at the office, I was told that D&R had picked it up in accordance with my reservation.

After 3 phone calls to D&R, a very surly woman picked up. I explained that it had accidentally been picked up and she said "no, you were done." I explained to her that I was not done and had paid for 24 hours. Her response was that someone would bring me another scooter in within 3 hours, and to wait at the hotel. I then asked for a refund as I would lose $20 on my ADR if I had to miss it. She laughed and hung up.

We ended up parking in the Toy Story lot, causing me to hobble in. We went home after our ADR and I successfully disputed the charge with my CC.

YMMV.

The Candy Cane Inn doesn't allow ANY scooters in the room or just the rented scooters? I'm bringing my own, but sure don't want to risk leaving it in the lobby.

The Candy Cane Inn doesn't allow ANY scooters in the room or just the rented scooters? I'm bringing my own, but sure don't want to risk leaving it in the lobby.

I believe that their policy is that none are allowed in the room due to not wanting damage done to the rooms. However, I'm sure if you talk to them politely about it that they would realize that they don't want to take liability for your personal scooter going missing. The scooters I've seen on my 5 or so trips to the Candy Cane were all left outside the lobby overnight to charge - they have 2 dedicated parking stalls for them. So they aren't inside at all.

Hmmm. I think I may look for a different reservation. I can't afford to replace it if it goes missing. Thanks for the heads up!

Hmmm. I think I may look for a different reservation. I can't afford to replace it if it goes missing. Thanks for the heads up!

Of course! But the Candy Cane staff is fantastic - I'd give them a call and chat about it first if you have the chance. I'd hate for you to miss out on such an amazing place to stay without all the info first. :) You can even email their GM, Jeff, directly: jeffholl@candycaneinn.net - he is very nice. :)

I will make sure to report back on this service since it looks like Carousel and Candy Cane Inn use them exclusively. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience Molly. I am keeping my fingers crossed at this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter