• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone used "Electronic Ticket" Parkhoppers purchased from Disneyland.com?

8lovesmickey

Down at the Laughing Place is where I'll be!
We've always purchased a package, but this trip we are buying park tickets (4 day hoppers) separately. I've done some research on discounts and haven't found much, so I think I'll buy them from the Disneyland website. It says they'll be delivered via "E-ticket" and I can use my device to get through the turnstiles. Or I can pay extra to have paper tickets sent. So here are my questions -

-What happens when we need fastpasses and don't have paper tickets?
-If all 4 tickets for my family are just on my phone how do we split up?
-Would it be better to get tickets at our hotel? Or pay $5 to have paper tickets sent?

Just not sure what is the best option. We are going in 4 weeks so I have a while. Thanks!!

We've always purchased a package, but this trip we are buying park tickets (4 day hoppers) separately. I've done some research on discounts and haven't found much, so I think I'll buy them from the Disneyland website. It says they'll be delivered via "E-ticket" and I can use my device to get through the turnstiles. Or I can pay extra to have paper tickets sent. So here are my questions -

-What happens when we need fastpasses and don't have paper tickets?
-If all 4 tickets for my family are just on my phone how do we split up?
-Would it be better to get tickets at our hotel? Or pay $5 to have paper tickets sent?

Just not sure what is the best option. We are going in 4 weeks so I have a while. Thanks!!

When you enter DL for the first time, they will scan your e-ticket and give you paper tickets to use after that.

As for discounts, check out LMTClub.

Did you check Parksavers? I usually get my discounted park hoppers with them. Disneytouristblog usually has a coupon code for Parksavers too. Between the two sites you can save some money to put towards some churros ☺️

When they scan you bar code at the gate the machine spits out your paper tickets right there as you go in the first time. No need for paper tickets ahead of time. That is just for those that are technologically challenged or want that ticket in hand ahead of time...and Disney will now make you pay more for that "convenience"...which in reality is just more more thing to loose and keep track of when traveling to the parks.

If you are staying on site and don't care about any advance discounts, you can purchase your tickets at the front desk when you check in so you don't even need to worry about the email and bar code!

I have purchased tickets from the Disney website. It was easy. I've done this for both regular park tickets and Halloween Party tickets.

Disney emailed me a confirmation of the transaction. With the receipt were ticket vouchers for each person. I printed them off so I had a hard copy of each one. I'm not tech savvy to put it on a smartphone. Went straight to the gate and once they scanned the ticket page they issued a park ticket for the rest of the trip and for FP's.

I second LMTClub. It's a membership site ($50.00) but they'll usually give you one year free and there are also codes floating around for memberships.

4-Day Hops are 290.78 (as of March when I last checked). DL gate is $335.00. That's a savings of $44.00. Buying even 2 Hops at that price more than pays for the membership (if you can't wrangle a free one).

If you buy off of the Disney website, keep in mind it says to allow a full 24 hours to receive your tickets. And even if it they show on your phone, bring a paper copy as well as a back up.

I've done it two ways. Called Disneyland directly and ordered hard copies (PHs & MHP tickets) for the 5 dollar charge. I liked having the actual tickets. One less step at the gate. Plus the PHs came with our names printed on them, and in a cute little Disneyland envelope. It just looked nicer, but absolutely not important. They took 2 weeks to get here. I would say waiting for them in the mail was the biggest downfall. I was nervous they would get lost. I saved a tiny bit by doing the whole process of buying gift cards from target.

When buying them online through disneyland.com, they arrived in email within 30 minutes both times for me. Each ticket takes an entire page of paper. Like others have said, at the gate it then gets exchanged for a normal hard ticket before entering the park. As long as you are logged into your Disney account when you buy it (maybe you have to be?), it will also appear in you Disneyland app. I still printed it anyway, but it was cool to see them connected.

I prefer hard tickets, but that's because it feels more real to me. I did recently see some deals on mousesavers through ares...I think a 5 day PH for the price of a 4. or 4 day PH child ticket receiving one free character meal voucher. Those may not be correct, but it is worth looking at. I have never bought through ares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter