• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone used Expedia?

mundaremom

Mouseketeer
We are looking at heading back to DL again, we were thinking Feb 2007 but now looking at Nov 2006, our travel agent said from Edmonton, Alberta to Disneyland with staying at the DL hotel it was going to be 7500.00 Canadian, however, I checked the same trip on Expedia and it is only 4700.00 Canadian, anyone know why the big difference?

I ahve used expedia and usually yu can go directly to the airlines website and get the same price with no fees fromexpedia. Overall I would sue them again if their price was better!

I used Expedia once - not for DL - and had a bad experience. I booked for hotel only because I was having trouble finding a place and figured the expedia price was as good as anything. I paid more for the hotel room and was double charged - once by expedia and once by the hotel (lame person at the front desk). It took 2 months and MANY phone calls to expedia and the hotel to get my refund. On a positive note, I have used AAA travel services and been happy :Pinkbounc

I have used Expedia countless times over the years. Several times for Disneyland, doing both full packages and other times just the hotel. Other times for beach trips in Florida and San Diego as well as going to visit family in Dallas and Chicago. We have always been very satisfied with Expedia. Any time I book travel of any kind, I always check what it would cost me to book everything separately. It varies but there have been times when Expedia saved me big time. This past February I booked airfare and hotel to Disneyland through them and it saved me over $500 than if I had done it separately.

The DLH is not taking resrvations for Feb 07, so I'm not sure where you got your prices. We have used Expedia in the past with no problems.

I've used expedia many times. I used them for July 2004 (including July 4th) for a 5 day DL trip. We ended up paying about $1000 USD for 2 adults that included our park hopper admission (5 days), RT airfare from BWI, hotel off property w/ fridge & microwave, and shuttle transportation to/from John Wayne airport to our motel. At the time I was searching, it was the closest I could get to DL w/o paying on property prices.

Our last trip in March, I had reservations directly through the DH but about a week before, Expedia was able to beat their nightly price for a view room and included a gift card for $150! I switched out my reservation right then and there and then called the hotel to have our "requests" switched to our new reservation. I was afraid that we would get the "bottom of the barrel room by booking with expedia but the CM assure me that was not true. Everything worked out great and we even got upgraded to a suite for the first time ever!

The catch with expedia is that you generally have to pay upfront at the time of booking, not always, but a lot of times. I have also booked with them and cancelled and they charge a fee of $20-$25.

I have used them a lot of time for everything from hotels to air for Hawaii and have never been unhappy. The rate for PP of $165 is almost always on expedia for months out but as the time gets closer, generally the rate gets higher and higher and the days available disappear. You can book it and watch the rates, sometimes I have paid the cancellation fee because I have found it cheaper somewhere else. Since the time you are planning for is so far out, I might be tempted to wait a bit and see if there are any promos released like stay 3 nights, get one free or stay 4 nights, get the gift card!

By the way, we ended up at DL a day early and had to stay at PP that first night since DH was sold out. We had a view room on the upper floor and loved it! The view was so so cool and so worth the few dollars more. I actually called down in the morning asking to stay and that is when we found out we were in a suite at the DH! I think in some ways, PP is nicer than the DH but my kids love the DH pool so we always stay there if we can.

I have never used them for DLR trips, but have used them many times for other vacations and never had any problems at all.

I generally price out everything individually and then compare with the major sites (expedia, travelocity, orbitz, etc) and go with whatever is cheapest.

Have you looked at www.getawaytoday.com yet? They have, for the most part, been consistently cheaper than anywhere else from my research as far as DLR packages go. I've used them this last Feb. and had a great experience.

Do you have AAA or a Disney Visa card? If you call Walt Disney Travel directly, you may find a better price with a lot more perks there. I don't know the number offhand but I'm sure it's everywhere. Look on the Disneyland website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter