Anyone used PayPal?

TimNDansMom

DIS Veteran
Dan is expecting some money from the US and it's going to cost the sender too much to send via Western Union. PayPal says no fees for a personal account and money is deposited into a credit card or bank account. Dan doesn't have a credit card but has a bank account. Not sure how long this takes to set up and receive the money.

Anyone have experience with this or have another way of getting money quickly from the US with minimal fees? Thanks!

I use paypal. It takes a few days to get an account set up. You give them your banking info, and they will make 2 small deposits in your account (like .35 and .21) and after they make them, you have to go back to the site and enter exactly how much the deposits were. Then you are ready to use your account. If you need to send someone some money, then you will have to transfer it from your bank account to paypal, that can take about a week. If you can add a credit card to the account, you don't have to wait so long to transfer the money. They do it right then, and if the bank refuses the charge (insufficient funds) then it is charged on the card.

Check out www.paypalsucks.com. (I hope that didn't get *starred* out) I don't know if it's just a bunch of people griping, but it makes for interesting reading.

I have eBay customers who use it everyday to pay for my slates.
It has increased my sales 100%. Whenever there has been problems,they are quick to help. I have nothing but good things to say about PayPal.

airhead

So far I have no complaints about PayPal. It does take a week or two to setup your account. I don't know if they have to do anything special for international transfers. You might want to check into that before going through the trouble of setting up an account.

Well being Canadian is a little different for using paypal. I know originally, we had to pay some fee (service fee?) on top of the money that we were sending. But I believe that has been eliminated now, which has been quite a help when i paid for my ebay auctions.

Anyways, when I joined paypal, it was only to use it to send money. Had problems with the credit card thing as I had to wait several weeks for my credit card statement with the PIN to confirm it. Then I found out that paypal wouldn't accept that credit card. To make a long story short, I had to sign up with another card. I also had to provide them with my chequing account information.

I know that funds could be transferred from the paypal account to my home account, but I think my bank, CIBC, would charge me a fee. In any case, it shouldn't be a big problem. Best of luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter