Anyone watching Manifest?

^^ Same here, I don't find programs with gruesome/gory/creepy murder lines to be entertaining to watch and there are certainly already enough of those types of shows. Many of the scenes also seem to refer to situations never explained, so it's hard to follow the storyline or you have no idea what they are talking about. Shows that constantly flashback to a prior situation quickly lose my interest.

LOL I guess I watch too much "gory" stuff as I didn't find anything remotely gory. But I watch a lot of crime/police/detective shows.

A little perhaps, "creepy", maybe? But even that was only two scenes.

I liked the second episode. It sort of leads you to believe we are heading down one path toward what is causing all this to happen and then down another. Trying to figure out what is going on with them now and what went on with the families while they were gone does get a bit

I keep wondering about the wreck that the sister mentions a lot. She was talking about it in the airport. I am guessing she was driving a car, while drinking, had an accident and killed a friend or someone she knew. But for some reason she was cleared so maybe she wasn't drinking?? Or was on prescription meds? I am thinking we will find out more about it as we go.

Okay, I am watching and was intrigued from the teaser trailer they had out before the show began. The first show had me still wanting more and then the plane exploded and I got worried that this was going to be the crap the LOST pulled in the end. I LOVED Lost the first few season, my husband and I watched religiously and we watched reruns and even purchased the seasons on DVD....then they went off the deep-end and I hated it, hated everything about it.

Now here I was hoping that Manifest wasn't going to start going crazy right off the bat...but then the end of Monday that woman was SHOT and I am now like...WHAT?!?!? Government conspiracies???! It's all a dream?!?!?! Arggg....I'm hooked again.

Anyone else not liking that her best friend married her boyfriend (not really but kinda fiance)?!? Especially when she said that Lourdes always told her how lucky she was...ughhhh.....I was just shaking my head right from the beginning and then to see the boyfriend already trying to hit on her and keep looking at her?!? I wish Michaela had never forgiven the Best Friend and lied to her, because I think that she is going to now look like the 'bad guy' if they get together behind Lourdes' back.

That show is the exact opposite of anything I ever watch, yet I LOVED it! I enjoyed Manifest, but that show was much better!

AGREED! I rolled my eyes at the previews for God Friended Me every time I saw them, but then my son asked to watch it and the whole family ended up loving it!

Anyone else not liking that her best friend married her boyfriend (not really but kinda fiance)?!? Especially when she said that Lourdes always told her how lucky she was...ughhhh.....I was just shaking my head right from the beginning and then to see the boyfriend already trying to hit on her and keep looking at her?!? I wish Michaela had never forgiven the Best Friend and lied to her, because I think that she is going to now look like the 'bad guy' if they get together behind Lourdes' back.

AGREED! I rolled my eyes at the previews for God Friended Me every time I saw them, but then my son asked to watch it and the whole family ended up loving it!

I have a hard time faulting the friend or the boyfriend. It's been 5 1/2 years they both had a right to move on. Same with the wife, just wish she would have told him right away.

My dd bailed after one episode of Manifest (she is a bigger cynic than even me LOL) but she LOVED God Friended Me.

I have a hard time faulting the friend or the boyfriend. It's been 5 1/2 years they both had a right to move on. Same with the wife, just wish she would have told him right away.

My dd bailed after one episode of Manifest (she is a bigger cynic than even me LOL) but she LOVED God Friended Me.

I don't fault the boyfriend at all, for me it's just that Lourdes was her best friend and that is what bothers me about it. I agree 100% about the wife and I am still put off by her, because she agrees to sleep with the husband at the end yesterday BUT she didn't take a moment to let her boyfriend/fiance/current husband!? know what was going on and how she had finally made a decision. I especially don't like that her daughter felt that she had to hold a secret that she didn't want to be a part of.

My mom and I have been watching. I like it so far. The twist at the end of both episodes really grabbed my attention.

But I'm still hesitant. So many of these shows have a history of getting cancelled early or getting really weird in later seasons .

Anybody remember The 4400? That was really good the first 2 or 3 seasons, then it got strange and no longer made sense. I also loved Jericho. That wasn't sci-fi per say, but it did get cancelled far too early. So many unanswered questions.

Well last night's episode turned me off. I am not interested in horror/gruesome murder stuff. Also the story line is not intriguing to me, the hook of the trailer that peaked my interest is already gone. I do not watching much TV and prefer to read. So back to that for me.
For me, last night's episode was the one that hooked me. I love the twist that it might the government. Is it God/Spiritual Being/Alien or is it something more nefarious? The glimpse of next week's show looks intriguing. The twist that technology might make this possible in the real world is a story line I want to follow for awhile. I finally set my DVR to record it.

Last edited:
No, its a complete season, not a miniseries or limited-run series. IMDb has it at 13 episodes, so far.

right now I am watching this show, god friended me and FBI- I can stop watching FBI after last night though because I am only watching them all because my daughter was an extra in each of those this summer so I just try to catch a glimpse of her LOL- her scene in FBI was on last night

I have 2 issues with it.

first they are taking this huge phenomena where these people just skipped ahead 5 years as a "well don't know what happened so bye and just try to get back to your life"

and that so far it appears that at the end of each episode the brother and sister use their Spidey Sense to solve a crime.

I have 2 issues with it.

first they are taking this huge phenomena where these people just skipped ahead 5 years as a "well don't know what happened so bye and just try to get back to your life"

and that so far it appears that at the end of each episode the brother and sister use their Spidey Sense to solve a crime.

At the end of the first episode when the sister solved the crime with the kidnapped girls, I thought "Ahhhh so this is where they are going with the show, they are going to use their powers to solve crimes/solve mysteries."

I greatly anticipated this show and so far I am loving it.
Every episode has some reference to a version of 838, whether it be a bible verse or the clock like tonight. That really intrigues me.

Every episode has some reference to a version of 838, whether it be a bible verse or the clock like tonight. That really intrigues me.

I like the show, I'll be a week behind as I catch up. Can't stay up that late to watch so I'll see it on the weekend

Hi to everyone here, I've just started watching the show.

I thought I'd add that "828" was also the address on the metal gate/fence where the dogs were.

I thought I'd throw this out there:
LOST used lots of Christian images and concepts, names, etc.;
The Crossing = Everyone who crossed had a biblical name, yet Leah didn't know what a bible was.
Now, we have Romans 8:28, with apparently all (I'm assuming all) of the passengers experiencing
direction - not just hearing voices willy-nilly.
It will be interesting to see who the "shadow" is in the boy's drawing, as well as the shadow stalker
that killed the woman after she went public.
Of course, they could be one and the same.

Also, am I the only one who is disappointed that The Crossing was apparently canceled?
I liked it.

It will be interesting to see who the "shadow" is in the boy's drawing, as well as the shadow stalker
that killed the woman after she went public.
Of course, they could be one and the same.
I think the shadow in the drawing is the mom's new love interest. The boy has never seen him, hence the shadow. It's very possible it's the murderer. There are already some strange ties... the cancer doctor on the plane with the boy who needs the treatment, the storage area where the daughter put all the boys' stuff is the same storage area where the jeweler's son kept the stolen goods, the 828 references all over the place, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter