Anyone with experience buying tickets/hoppers through an employer/employee discount program?

Farro

Argh.
My employer offers various discounts to employees and one of them is for Disney World Hoppers.

Since we are doing room only, I'm not obligated to purchase through Disney directly. 2020 tickets aren't available yet, but playing with pricing, looks like for a 9 day hopper we save about $76!!! It's set up just the way the Disney site is, all the days have different pricing, etc.

My concern is - are you able to add this ticket to MDE? It says I be will emailed a certificate/voucher that I would show to receive ticket or something. I'm thinking maybe the ticket number would be on there and I can just add it to MDE? Otherwise how would we make fast pass reservations?

Any disadvantage to this you can think of?

My employer offers various discounts to employees and one of them is for Disney World Hoppers.

Since we are doing room only, I'm not obligated to purchase through Disney directly. 2020 tickets aren't available yet, but playing with pricing, looks like for a 9 day hopper we save about $76!!! It's set up just the way the Disney site is, all the days have different pricing, etc.

My concern is - are you able to add this ticket to MDE? It says I be will emailed a certificate/voucher that I would show to receive ticket or something. I'm thinking maybe the ticket number would be on there and I can just add it to MDE? Otherwise how would we make fast pass reservations?

Any disadvantage to this you can think of?
I can get tickets through my employer as well. The site is the exact same as the Disney site. With mine, it is no different than ordering directly through Disney except for the price. The tickets linked the same too. It was very easy and stress free.

I can get tickets through my employer as well. The site is the exact same as the Disney site. With mine, it is no different than ordering directly through Disney except for the price. The tickets linked the same too. It was very easy and stress free.

Thanks so much! I never knew my employer offered this, I feel like I received a gift today! :)

If your employee discount refers you to the Tickets At Work page, make sure you compare those prices to other sites. Sometimes the discount isn't as great as you might think once you get to the checkout page and tax is added

I used tickets at work to purchase tickets recently. It was cheaper than some of the other places. It was easy to add them to MDE

The offers that I get are better than the reseller prices, but there is definitely a hitch. We are only offered the flexible date tickets which are more expensive than those for the specific date range. So, the savings may not be as much as they could otherwise be if that was an option

I'll have compare. For some reason buying from UT makes me nervous? Silly I'm sure.

How late can you wait to buy tickets for a May 2020 trip? By that I mean prices come out next week - buy then? Do they tend to increase around a certain time? I'm really only experienced in booking packages, however this year we have one AP and are booking room only, so need to buy one ticket.

thanks!

If your employee discount refers you to the Tickets At Work page, make sure you compare those prices to other sites. Sometimes the discount isn't as great as you might think once you get to the checkout page and tax is added
Agree with this. I used our work site to get Universal tix for my dd, and the checkout page added about $15 per ticket, eating away at the savings I thought were so great.

I'll have compare. For some reason buying from UT makes me nervous? Silly I'm sure.

How late can you wait to buy tickets for a May 2020 trip? By that I mean prices come out next week - buy then? Do they tend to increase around a certain time? I'm really only experienced in booking packages, however this year we have one AP and are booking room only, so need to buy one ticket.

thanks!
They have gone up with the Disney prices on mine. Don't do what I did and wait too long. Half my tickets were bought through the site before and half after the increase.

thanks!
I've purchased tickets through Undercover Tourist twice with no issues. I feel that they are quite trustworthy and authorized.

How late can you wait to buy tickets? You don't have to buy tickets until you are ready to go to a park. There is no requirement to have a ticket until you are ready to walk through the gates to a park. However, you must have a ticket linked on MDE in order to book fastpasses, so you will need to buy tickets at least 60 days in advance (if you are staying at a Disney resort) or 30 days in advance (if you are staying offsite). Disney does increase ticket prices on a yearly basis, so just keep an eye out and if you are seeing websites post about upcoming increases, then go ahead and get your tickets before the increase date.

I've purchased tickets through Undercover Tourist twice with no issues. I feel that they are quite trustworthy and authorized.

How late can you wait to buy tickets? You don't have to buy tickets until you are ready to go to a park. There is no requirement to have a ticket until you are ready to walk through the gates to a park. However, you must have a ticket linked on MDE in order to book fastpasses, so you will need to buy tickets at least 60 days in advance (if you are staying at a Disney resort) or 30 days in advance (if you are staying offsite). Disney does increase ticket prices on a yearly basis, so just keep an eye out and if you are seeing websites post about upcoming increases, then go ahead and get your tickets before the increase date.

Yes thanks! I realize about fast pass. I'm just wondering if I need to jump on them when prices are released on Tuesday or if I have time to do some comparison shopping. :)

Check expiration dates on those tickets before you buy them. They might not be good past a certain date.

Check expiration dates on those tickets before you buy them. They might not be good past a certain date.

The ones I was looking at make you pick a start date for your ticket, so it won't expire before that date. :)

My dates aren't out yet, so I don't know what price will be yet, will compare.

The ones I was looking at make you pick a start date for your ticket, so it won't expire before that date. :)

My dates aren't out yet, so I don't know what price will be yet, will compare.
Keep in mind that undercover tourist prices include taxes. I don't think that the tickets at work prices do

My husband's employer also offers discounted tickets. He insists that I check them every time but they never beat UT's prices. I've ordered from them several times. They're an authorized seller and some tickets are refundable, within a window, if you don't scratch off the back section to link them.
I always tell him, to tell his co-workers, to price them out WITH TAX. UT is hard to beat.
This trip is a package but I did buy Villians DAH from UT. I had no issues linking them on MDE and making FPs for that evening, as we're not using a regular park ticket that day.
Also, you get 1% back with ebates/rakuten.

I'm just wondering if I need to jump on them when prices are released on Tuesday or if I have time to do some comparison shopping.

I don’t think anyone can really say. Historically prices increased about once per year. However, in the past 16 months prices increased Feb 2018, Oct 2018, and March 2019. It’s anyone's guess when or how often going forward. If your dates are definite and you have the cash, you could buy sooner rather than later. But if you keep a close eye around here, there should be s day or two notice of a coming increase (no guarantee though).

Enjoy your vacation!

I've bought tickets through a "tickets at work" type program before. Sometimes it has saved us money, but other times, UT was cheaper.

I would shop around and buy from whomever has the best price for what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter