Anyone with experience buying tickets/hoppers through an employer/employee discount program?

You never stated what the price was, for what options, With Tax. That last part is extremely important and to verify you need to likely go all the way through checkout to where you will be entering card information before they give the real price.

I just can't see the work tickets being lower than UT right now.

We just purchase Annual Passes through the ID.me website. We're not Florida residents, so there are not many ways to save money on APs for us. We saved about $25 per pass through their link. It's a 3rd party site, but we received our vouchers within an hour and were able to add them to MDE. The ID.me folks are able to verify any govt employee or first responder credentials you have and show you a big list of companies that offer discounts. Well worth it for us. They also have discounts on multi-day tickets, but I don't know how their prices compare to the popular ticket brokers.

We just purchase Annual Passes through the ID.me website. We're not Florida residents, so there are not many ways to save money on APs for us. We saved about $25 per pass through their link. It's a 3rd party site, but we received our vouchers within an hour and were able to add them to MDE. The ID.me folks are able to verify any govt employee or first responder credentials you have and show you a big list of companies that offer discounts. Well worth it for us. They also have discounts on multi-day tickets, but I don't know how their prices compare to the popular ticket brokers.

The best way to save on APs as non FL residents 99% of the time is going to be via price bridging (purchasing discounted regular tickets through an authorized ticket seller and then upgrading them to an AP). I’m saving more than $25 on my AP by doing this with a hopper I got from Parksavers.

Obviously you want to do the math for yourself, but in years and years of having access to various discount programs through work (most of which are identical with only differently designed portals) I’ve almost never seen these employee ticket discounts work out to be cheaper than UT, Parksavers, etc. especially if you use UT’s codes from Mousesavers or catch limited time specials.

I swear these “employee discount” sites count on people seeing the word discount and not doing math or reading fine print. A lot of the time they like to not quote you the full price including tax until you get to checkout.

Oh. I always figured Disney would know what you actually paid and just charge the difference. Oh,well. Live and learn. Seems like a little too much planning for a lazy person like me.

we got ours thorough my DH work program, I will post this cause I thought it was funny when I went to order SeaWorld from the same site It didnt save the log in for his employer saved, it said sign in as guest. So that means anyone can use it.
www.orlandoemployeediscounts.com

I feel like I need to tell everyone that I did go to checkout to see the tax! This isn't my first rodeo in online shopping. ;) :rotfl:

I haven't done any comparison shopping yet, will do next week when 2020 prices come out.

Thanks everybody!!!

I feel like I need to tell everyone that I did go to checkout to see the tax! This isn't my first rodeo in online shopping. ;) :rotfl:

I haven't done any comparison shopping yet, will do next week when 2020 prices come out.

Thanks everybody!!!
Make sure that you also know which resellers include sales tax in their price. Some do and some don't

we haven't used them yet, but we were able to buy 4 platinum annual passes through tickets at work today at the old pricing, before the increase today. they linked successfully and show up the same as ones purchased through disney.

I've used WorkingAdvantage (perk through work) twice for WDW and once for Universal. I monitored prices at other sites as well and I managed to buy during times when the site had a sale (I want to say one was around black friday and perhaps again closer to Christmas). Even w/ tax added at the end I was saving $20-30 per ticket over the best price anywhere else. I received an email w/ the eTicket Ids a few hours later and they linked into MDE no problem. Sometimes sites offer sales on certain tickets (buy 5 days get 2 free) etc so each time I was waiting for the specific length ticket I was looking for to be on sale.

Do you know how much time you nee between your trip and buying the tickets? I'm thinking of doing this for a trip to Disneyland - my corporate rate is pretty good.

Do you know how much time you nee between your trip and buying the tickets? I'm thinking of doing this for a trip to Disneyland - my corporate rate is pretty good.
Depends on the company.
Many will offer a “ticket code”’that can be used within less than a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter