Anyone work at Bath and Body Works?

daughtersrus

DIS Veteran
Since their products are not sealed what happens to merchandise like body wash, lotion...that is returned?

I don't work there but was there yesterday for the little hand lotion sale. I noticed on the back counter behind the register, TONS of lotions and body washes with a huge R marked with permanent marker on the front label, really, soo MANY, it totally caught my eye. I was guessing those were returns.

One of my coworkers used to work there. She said they had to pour, squeeze and break everything before putting it in the dumpster to keep people from dumpster diving.

One of my coworkers used to work there. She said they had to pour, squeeze and break everything before putting it in the dumpster to keep people from dumpster diving.
I worked there for three years. We never did that. We just sealed them up in a box and threw them out.

OP, it’s been a few years since I worked there, but we marked them as a return and toss them, sealed the return box, and threw them out.

I worked there in grad school so... 15 years or so ago (gah!). We had to squeeze out most of the contents into the trash, mark the label and bottle w sharpie, and toss. We were told that people dumpster dive for full products so we had to dispose of most of the contents, too.

It's a huge waste.

That's such a waste. At least donate them to a women's shelter. But I guess you never know what some evil person may have done to the product.

This is just a reminder that when ever I receive a scent that I don;t like that it goes to either my daughters, to be regifted, or donated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter