Anything but TSL - July 14-16! Updated 7/10

MusicalAstronaut

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! This will be my first pre-trip report, and I've decided to try it out on a super quick weekend trip (July 14-16) to Disney World. First, a bit about me!

I'm Lauren, I've been a passholder for 6(?) years now, and I live in Georgia. My favorite things to do in Disney are ride Tower of Terror, Mission Space, and Space Mountain as many times as humanly possible. I also like snacking my way through the parks instead of eating real food and posing with every PhotoPass Photographer I can find.
STUDIO_HBDARKRM_20180324_410345247261.jpg

My plans for this weekend are pretty simple. No ADRs, and I'll be on a friend's couch Friday & Sunday night. I have one night, Saturday, booked at Port Orleans Riverside and I'm hoping to add Sunday on if I can find a last-minute deal.

Saturday

Rope Drop at DHS
Rides: ToT, RNRC, staying FAR FAR away from Toy Story Land, possibly doing Star Tours and Indiana Jones Stunt Show.
Noms on the table: Carrot Cake Cookie (yes I know it's changed recently but I love it!), cream cheese pretzel, Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider, or scrambled egg bowl (if I feel like eating real food).
29541484_10215008143653256_1292018233349973028_n.jpg
Lunch Break at the Pool
I'll head to POR, check in (fingers crossed my room is ready early!), beg for a late check out, then hit the pool. I'm pretty sure it's going to be way too hot and I'd rather be in the pool than in the parks! Lunch will be something from the resort (any suggestions?).
Afternoon at Epcot
Depending on how much time I spend at the pool, I'd like to hit up Epcot.
Rides: Mission Space (Orange all the way!), Living With The Land, Test Track, Soarin' (hey I can dream), and Spaceship Earth.
Noms on the table: It's been so long since I've been in the summer when there are no festivals! I may just get that grapefruit beer and save my stomach space for AK, or I might check out that gourmet popcorn cart near The Land.
28954436_10215008032290472_819519097297679639_o.jpg
Evening at AK
Rides: I have FP+ for Dinosaur at 5:50pm, Kilamanjaro Safaris at 6:50, and Flight of Passage (yep, booked that yesterday) at 7:50.
Noms on the table: There are so many delicious things in Animal Kingdom! Loaded mac n cheese with pulled pork, seasoned fries, anything from Yak & Yeti QS, or a pimento cheese sandwich.
Late Night
If I'm not tired I may head over to Disney Springs for a late night drink & snack. I'm flying Spirit and don't plan on bringing a carry on though, so if I'm going over there it's in my "I spent all day in Disney World" sweaty clothes, not in my "I'm all cute for hanging out at The Edison" clothes. :joker:

Sunday
Rope Drop Epcot
I just love Epcot! I'll be trying for anything I missed on Saturday and then strolling over to Les Halles for a breakfast pastry (and maybe a mimosa?? With a few extra glasses of water of course :drinking:). Or maybe I'll see what offerings there are in Norway.
Lunch Break at the Pool
If I'm unsuccessful at adding Sunday night to my reservation, I will be sadly checking out of POR on Sunday. If I can get late checkout I can use my room until 1pm, but there are changing areas down at the pool so either way I'll be swimming!
Magic Kingdom
Rides: FP+ for Buzz Lightyear at 3pm, Peter Pan at 4pm, and Space Mountain at 5:25pm. In between & after those I'll be going for Tom Sawyer Island (I've skipped it too many times recently!), Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Tomorrowland Speedway, Astro Orbiter (I love riding this at night!), Small World, Mickey's Philharmagic, and of course the People Mover! I'm also going to try to [finally] play Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom. Last but not least, I'll camp out for a good spot to watch Happily Ever After.
Noms on the table: That super cute new Key Lime Pie float, pineapple upside down cake with dole whip, or a fried chicken & waffle. I always get the nutella one but this could be a tasty dinner!
31956382_10215343223910053_3236067238297468928_o.jpg

And that's all folks! I'll be back on Monday with lots of pictures and updates on some of the [hopefully extra tasty] snacks I tried!

Last edited:
Exciting Update! (7/10)
After lots of refreshing, I found another night at Port Orleans Riverside on Hotwire ($106/night), so I'll be staying there Saturday-Monday. This makes my trip MUCH more laid back, and I'll get to take Disney's Magical Express for the very first time! Just a few more days to go. party:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!