Anything else remind you of Disney?

BigAlsGal

DIS Veteran
I know it's kind of weird but do you all have other things that remind you of Disney or give you the Disney warm fuzzies?

For me it's watching Modern Family because I really only ever watched it when I was there. Now when I see it at home it reminds me of being there.

There's also this golf solitaire app I play and it reminds me of Disney. Mainly a song it plays now and then that reminds me of Animal Kingdom. It's weird but it makes me happy.

Anyone else weird?

Watching Phineas and Ferb with my son! I know it's silly, but when we visited the animation class in DLR this summer, they had us draw Phineas and Ferb. And the whole show is about childhood fun in the summer and the freedom you have when you're on vacation. My son watched the second movie today and I had the Disney fuzzies. Isn't that funny? :)

my family is always saying how i'm always thinking of disney.

i recently discovered the reason is because nearly anything can remind me of something about disney.

for some reason jeopardy keeps having disney related things lately.

during college week one of the clues mentioned some sci-fi book called magic kingdom something and it wanted to know what "orlando theme park" it was about. when the answer was "disney world" i kinda flipped out because well disney world is not a "theme park" so jeopardy needed to do a bit more research when creating that clue and answer. (its also not in orlando but i'll give them a break for that technicality)

then there was a disney world bus driver on the show for a few days.

then there was a clue about the person that invented air conditioning and of course i thought of good ol uncle orville with his air cooling and how he should look in the help wanted ads.

then the other day one of the answers was hydroponics and i got it immediately because of living with the land.

thats just jeopardy and just in the last 3 weeks!

a number of aerosmith songs can make me think of rock n roller coaster and when i hear one in the car i put my hands like they are holding onto the shoulder restraint and look like i'm screaming with joy lol.

my hawaiian tropics sun screen reminds me of soarin because it legit smells like a mix of pine and orange.

i'm reminded of norway every time my mom wears her norway perfume lol.

i'm sure there's a ton of other things that remind me of disney as well but those are just the things off the top of my head right now.

Ha! I thought of more ;)

Gary Sinise. Yep, you heard right: Lieutenant Dan. I think I've had a crush on him since I was in junior high school. We honeymooned in WDW in 2007, and he read the story of the birth of Christ from the book of Luke in EPCOT on Christmas Eve. I loved that, and I loved to say "Gary joined us on our honeymoon." LOL

I'm a professional counselor, so I love (LOVE) "Inside Out." I work a lot with kids, so it's wonderful since the movie came out to describe depression to little ones as "sometimes Sadness controls headquarters..." (or anxiety as letting "Fear" take the board). The movie put emotions in a frame of reference that children can grasp. Anyway, we took our kids to see "Inside Out" this past summer at the AMC in DTD and it was special and fun and added to our enjoyment of the Pixar parade the next day at DCA. My mom was on that trip with us, and she said, "Kat, I read online and it says this movie is about a girl's emotions...This movie doesn't sound fun at all! What are you taking us to see!???" It ended up as one of her favorite Disney movies as well. So anything "Inside Out" gets me excited and reminds me of Disney (yay to their Oscar last night!).

Watching Mickey Mouse cartoons always gets me in the Disney frame of mind. The old ones, preferably. I guess even as recent as the "House of Mouse," but none of the "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" stuff. That's a freaky interpretation of Mickey if you ask me.

We love when TLC does a marathon of their "Inside the Disney Parks" shows. It's usually on Saturday mornings. About three weeks ago, all of my kiddos came into the living room sleepy eyed and asked for cartoons, and found one better: building Walt Disney World. After that, they had a show about the history of Disneyland, then a behind-the-scenes-look at Disney cruises. We watched TV without shame all that day. :)

Ha! I thought of more ;)

Gary Sinise. Yep, you heard right: Lieutenant Dan. I think I've had a crush on him since I was in junior high school. We honeymooned in WDW in 2007, and he read the story of the birth of Christ from the book of Luke in EPCOT on Christmas Eve. I loved that, and I loved to say "Gary joined us on our honeymoon." LOL

I'm a professional counselor, so I love (LOVE) "Inside Out." I work a lot with kids, so it's wonderful since the movie came out to describe depression to little ones as "sometimes Sadness controls headquarters..." (or anxiety as letting "Fear" take the board). The movie put emotions in a frame of reference that children can grasp. Anyway, we took our kids to see "Inside Out" this past summer at the AMC in DTD and it was special and fun and added to our enjoyment of the Pixar parade the next day at DCA. My mom was on that trip with us, and she said, "Kat, I read online and it says this movie is about a girl's emotions...This movie doesn't sound fun at all! What are you taking us to see!???" It ended up as one of her favorite Disney movies as well. So anything "Inside Out" gets me excited and reminds me of Disney (yay to their Oscar last night!).

Watching Mickey Mouse cartoons always gets me in the Disney frame of mind. The old ones, preferably. I guess even as recent as the "House of Mouse," but none of the "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" stuff. That's a freaky interpretation of Mickey if you ask me.

We love when TLC does a marathon of their "Inside the Disney Parks" shows. It's usually on Saturday mornings. About three weeks ago, all of my kiddos came into the living room sleepy eyed and asked for cartoons, and found one better: building Walt Disney World. After that, they had a show about the history of Disneyland, then a behind-the-scenes-look at Disney cruises. We watched TV without shame all that day. :)

Lieutenant Dan! Lol. Not sure if you knew or remember but he is also the "instructor" for the mission space pre-show. Man I would love to see him in person.

Lieutenant Dan! Lol. Not sure if you knew or remember but he is also the "instructor" for the mission space pre-show. Man I would love to see him in person.

Lol you know what's funny? We rode Mission Space on our honeymoon and my husband got SICK. He's no lightweight, but he did NOT handle it well. So ever since then, it's been an inside joke between us that anytime I see Gary (and swoon over him accordingly), my DH will say, "Your Gary misled me!" He feels it's Gary's fault he got so sick on MS. :rotfl2:

Maybe DH just cannot handle the Gary!

i recently discovered the reason is because nearly anything can remind me of something about disney.

during college week one of the clues mentioned some sci-fi book called magic kingdom something and it wanted to know what "orlando theme park" it was about. when the answer was "disney world" i kinda flipped out because well disney world is not a "theme park" so jeopardy needed to do a bit more research when creating that clue and answer. (its also not in orlando but i'll give them a break for that technicality)

then there was a clue about the person that invented air conditioning and of course i thought of good ol uncle orville with his air cooling and how he should look in the help wanted ads.

then the other day one of the answers was hydroponics and i got it immediately because of living with the land.

a number of aerosmith songs can make me think of rock n roller coaster and when i hear one in the car i put my hands like they are holding onto the shoulder restraint and look like i'm screaming with joy lol.

my hawaiian tropics sun screen reminds me of soarin because it legit smells like a mix of pine and orange.

i'm sure there's a ton of other things that remind me of disney as well but those are just the things off the top of my head right now.

My kids constantly remind me of the Disney influence in everyday life. They have credited things learned and experienced in Disney in their everyday lives, classes and job experiences. And yes, since we are a Disney family, some of our everyday experiences are related to our trips. If they see a particular item, or a specific car, they will comment on how it could fit in on a Disney trip. Lake Buena Vista weather is a daily conversation, especially in the winter. Disney park music is a background to our everyday life. sounds weird, yes. But we are constantly enjoying all things Disney in our everyday lives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter