Anything new on the Disney Rewards Visa?

curtessey

Mouseketeer
HI, just wondering if anyone's heard any more on the Disney Rewards Visa (or was it MasterCard?) that's supposed to be available the first of the year?

We were hoping to get it before our trip in February, so we can rack up points or whatever they'll be offering.

Thanks for any new news!

Here's the offical FAQ:

http://psc.disney.go.com/guestservices/9409.html

Key quotations:
<blockquote>A: Guests will be able to apply for the credit card in Spring 2003. More detail on how to apply will be available early next year. </blockquote>
and
<blockquote>A: The credit card will enable cardholders to earn rewards which may be used toward the purchase of Disney theme park vacations, videos and other Disney related merchandise. Cardholders will be able to utilize the Disney-branded Visa credit card for purchase at any location where Visa is accepted, both at Disney and non-Disney points-of-sale. </blockquote>

What is going to happen to the old Disney Credit Card? Will it be going away? My mom plans on using it next year for a vacation in September 2003.... will she have to conver to the new one?

Does anyone have info on this?

Originally posted by DrKnow77
What is going to happen to the old Disney Credit Card? Will it be going away?
This is included in the FAQ to which I provided a link:
<blockquote>Q: Will Disney continue to accept all major forms of credit and debit card payment?

A: Yes. Disney's current policy is to continue to accept all major forms of credit card brands and the existing Disney Credit Card, which is issued by GE/Monogram Credit Card Bank of Georgia. </blockquote>
As far as I know, the old Disney Credit Card is just a credit card, and it's only accepted by Disney. It doesn't earn award points. The new card will earn reward points and will be accepted anywhere that Visa is accepted.

As far as converting, I assume it will simply be a matter of applying for the new Bank One Disney Visa. It won't be a conversion -- it will be a new account.

Thanks for the info Werner. Looks like it won't be ready for us to rack up points on our trip in February. :rolleyes:

I have a lot of guests ask about it at our store, but we get no word from Disney. I knew I could find more out about it if I asked on these boards!

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

Thanks so much for that link!! Just so others know, it says applications will start on March 4th. If you register here, they will email you about registering when it is offered!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter