Anything similar to Downtown Disney? and Other Questions

caramello

Earning My Ears
Hello,

(1) We are visiting Tuesday, April 23rd. From what I've been reading, we shouldn't be too concerned with crowds, right?

(2) Do they do the Paint the Night parade on weekdays? How similar is it to the one in California (other than the music)? If there is no parade on weekdays, is there any other night time entertainment? We have a limited time in Hong Kong so I'm trying to figure out if we can leave early without missing anything "big".

(3) Are places within walking distance of the park if we wanted to take a mid day break and eat somewhere else? In California, you can exit and have a meal at Downtown Disneyland and in Japan, we would take the monorail and have ramen at their version of Downtown Disneyland. Is there something similar in Hong Kong?

Thanks!

1. Crowd should be very light that day. April 19-22 is Easter holiday.
2. They do Paint the Night parade everyday. From Youtube videos, it's very similar to the one in California.
3. Unfortunately, there is no Downtown Disney area in Hong Kong Disneyland. The nearest thing would be Citygate Outlets 2 MTR stations away from Hong Kong Disneyland (Tung Chung station). The promenade area between the park and the MTR stations have some counter service stands. You can also eat at the restaurants in Disneyland Hotel / Explorer's Lodge

1. Crowds should be low on that day.
2. "We Love Mickey" will likely be an hour before the parade. It's of the quality of smaller shows and definitely not a nighttime spectacular. The California versions of Paint the Night can be thought of as 'upgrades' to the Hong Kong version so you'll probably think they're similar. There are some differences in the floats and characters walking between them. Hong Kong also does not have Frozen/Incredibles and has some songs in Cantonese. The parade is scheduled to run every day.
3. If your goal is to have food on Disney Resort property that isn't served by Disney directly, there are 2 food trucks parked outside the park. The exact trucks vary so you could probably take a look in the morning as you walk to the park to see if the food is something you'd be interested in.

1. Crowds should be low on that day.
2. "We Love Mickey" will likely be an hour before the parade. It's of the quality of smaller shows and definitely not a nighttime spectacular. The California versions of Paint the Night can be thought of as 'upgrades' to the Hong Kong version so you'll probably think they're similar. There are some differences in the floats and characters walking between them. Hong Kong also does not have Frozen/Incredibles and has some songs in Cantonese. The parade is scheduled to run every day.
3. If your goal is to have food on Disney Resort property that isn't served by Disney directly, there are 2 food trucks parked outside the park. The exact trucks vary so you could probably take a look in the morning as you walk to the park to see if the food is something you'd be interested in.

Thank you for the information! I never knew about the "We Love Mickey" lights so thank you! Our goal is to try and hit the rides that are unique to HKDL or at least unique to us as we don't have Toy Story Land in California, but we also have many things we want to see in Hong Kong outside of Disneyland, too. So if we're done early enough we might try and visit a street market that same night. Is the food served by the various food trucks regarded to be good? Our goal is to have good food and I haven't seen much that "wows" us the way people rave about the food at Tokyo DL/Disney Sea.

Thank you again for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!