Anything special at WDW resorts for weding anniversaries ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We are celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary while
we are at WDW.

I have arrange for flowers (form our kids) to be sent to
our CR room on May 25. Funny, the person at the WDW
florist, who took my order, has my same anniversary and same # of years (married 1985) :)

I was wondering if the CR would also do anything for us ?
I mentioned our anniversary in the note I sent the
room controller at the CR.

We are in a wing room - garden/water view.
Do you think they may move us to the tower
(would cost another $700) ?

I opted not to do the tower to allow us to have a
food budget of $200/day.
Hey it's 18 years together. I want to eat good
and not hot dogs, hamburgers and pizza. ;)

What do you think ? :sunny:

Congrats! My DH & I will be celebrating our 10th Anniversary on 5/22. We will be flying into MCO & staying @CBR. I didn't mention it to CRO, but thought I would mention it when we arrived. This is especially important to us, as I was just diagnosed with Melanoma & had surgery Tuesday to remove more tissue & some lymph nodes. Thankfully it's all been removed & hasn't spread. I guess it depends on the CM @CR as to what they do, but if you go with the expectation of nothing you won't be disappointed, but I'm sure they will do something, even if it's a card with balloons from the Characters! Once again Congratulations & enjoy! Kathy ;)

Kathy
Glad to hear your health is improving...BEST OF HEALTH AND LUCK

We too are celebrating our 10th Anniversay in August.

Someone posted a thread on this topic about a month ago. If I remember correctly, if you tell them its your anniversary they probably will do something...like a signed picture of Mickey and Minnie wishing you a happy anniversary. Or when out for dinner, they may give you a complimentary drink on the house.

BUT....I am surprising my wife. In the Disney Catalog you can have tee-shirts made up with ANY saying on them.

I bought tee-shirts that said...
"Our 10th Wedding Anniversary" (1st line)
" our names " (2nd line)
"WDW - 2003" (3rd line)

She wants to buy the bride and groom hats....HOPEFULLY when she sees the shirts she will forget about the hats.

I got them the other day..they look pretty neat. I will surprise her with the matching tee-shirts when we get to POR and unpack.

Small world--no pun intended! DH and I will be at CSR for our 13th wedding anniversary--May 25th as well. Congratulations and have a wonderful trip. I am going with no expectations and will be surprised of anything wonderful happens--afterall I get to go to Disney and eat in the places my children don't have the patience for--it's all good!;)

Originally posted by kinggoofy

She wants to buy the bride and groom hats....HOPEFULLY when she sees the shirts she will forget about the hats.

:jester:

Somehow I just can't see either of us agreeing to wear bride and groom hats for an anniversary. I'm not even sure DH would have worn them for our honeymoon!

BrerMom

Trust me....you could not give me ENOUGH money to wear those hats.

But seriously, the tee-shirts do look pretty neat..

Count us among the 10 year anniversaries in August! We celebrate our anniversary on the day of check-in and my DH's birthday on day of check-out. Thought I'd just mention it upon check-in (or maybe when I send room request) but, like it's been said, happy just to be there! BTW - great idea with the flowers! :smooth: !!

We have been to disney the past 2 yrs and have celebrated our annv. , stayed at Poly concierge and nothing was done either time for us. Yes I did tell the concierge about it. Going again this yr during the same time and are also celebrating DD and DN graduation from 5th grade (which is a big deal to us since she is dyslexic, every opp. we have to encourage her doing well we try to do) and I don't expect anything to happen. That is why I pre ordered some special surprises to be in the room when we arrive.
Just don't get your hopes up. My Motto is always expect nothing that way you don't get disappointed. :D

For our 5th anniversary, we stayed at the BWI and the GF. I put on my room request fax that it was our anniversary and anything they could do to make it more "magical" would be wonderful. One day at the BWI they had left us a card and a platter of those chocolate tuxedo strawberries. At the GF they left us a card, a pink rose, and a small bottle of champagne.

If you eat at The Land in the revolving resturant, you can have a "re-hitching ceremony". It's free. The chacters come around and the CM makes a nice ceremony out of it. Plus you get a cake for dessert and a nice certificate. It is a lot of fun!!! You have to call and make plans for it ahead of time.

hey pooh2001, it's our 18th anniversary this summer too! congrats! this isn't from the resort but, when we were there 2 years ago......we celebrated with dinner at cinderella's castle. when i made my PS on the phone from home, the CM asked if we were celebrating anything special.....i told her, our anniversary. after dinner (which was fantastic, by the way.....and you can't beat the romantic atmosphere.....if you time it right too, you can be in there with the fireworks going off!) after dinner they presented us with a certificate of our anniversary and that we ate at cinderella's and also 2 champagne glasses. a nice surprise!!:D

We will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary :D
We will be at the BW from 5/22-5/25 I did mention it when I made the reservations. So we will see when we get there if we have any surprises.
Happy Anniversary to all :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter