• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anything wrong with my itinerary?

karylrocks

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....
This trip it’s me (Mom of undisclosed age), DD21 and DS12. We leave Portland at 10pm Wednesday night. Meals not listed will be from food we brought or counter service. Thanks to all the tips I have learned and careful planning, I have been able to keep the cost of this trip to around $3,000. :p

Thursday
Arrive at MCO at 8am
Pick up rental car (Budget midsize SUV for $167)
Check in AKL (3 nights standard $465, hoping for an upgrade)
Blizzard Beach until we drop
Back to AKL for storytelling and dinner at Mara
Turn in early

Friday
Magic Kingdom (early closing, hoping for a slow day)
Dinner – Chef Mickey’s 8:15

Saturday
Animal Kingdom
Breakfast – Donald’s Breakfastosaurus - 8:00
Lunch – Rainforest Café - 2:00 (using 1 VKL voucher)
Spend evening at resort (swim, etc)

Sunday
Breakfast – Boma 10:30
Leave AKL, check in CBR (3 nights standard $314)
DisneyQuest
Dinner – ESPN club around 5:30 (DS is a big sports fan)
Pleasure Island 7-9pm (yes, taking DS12 to Comedy Warehouse and Adventurer’s Club)

Monday
MGM
Snack/lunch Pizza Planet (must-do)
Lunch/dinner Sci-Fi – 3:55
Evening at CBR (swim, watch Illuminations from the beach)

Tuesday
Breakfast – ‘Ohana 9:20
Epcot until around 3pm (just a few things we want to do there)
Lunch – Beaches & Cream (using 2 Q&C vouchers)
Magic Kingdom until closing

Wednesday
Leave for airport at 8am to catch 10am flight

I think your plans look great! Have a wonderful time, and please post a report when you get back!!

The only thing that looks to be extra "running around" is the character breakfast at Ohana and then over to Epcot. If you really want a character breakfast that morning, why not do Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club? If you valet your car for the day ($6)at the Beach club, you can walk over to Epcot. Or park at Epcot (or take the bus) and walk throguh to the Beach club. If your heart is set on Ohana, maybe try dinner there after MK-it's really great food!!!! If it were me, I'd do Cape May for breakfast and Ohana for dinner!!!! Otherrwise, looks like a good schedule- lots of down time. I can't make it in park all day, but getting back for a quick nap/swim is never a problem. On teh other hand, I believe if you valet at the Poly, there's no problem with taking the monorail to Epcot. I think that the resorts just don't want people self-parking and then using the transportation.

well, i would say when you first get there i wouldn't go anywhere. me and my family would settle in and and go to the pool or something, otherwise you're plan is ok.

Can I valet my car at Poly and then leave it all day and pick it up after MK closes?

Not sure if it concerns you or not, but with a 2pm PS for lunch at Rainforest, you will probably miss the 3pm parade at AK. And it is a GREAT parade! But maybe you've "been there, done that!"...P

My one comment concerns your Sunday plan. You start at DQ which is at DTD. You then go half way across Disney to go to dinner at ESPN Club, which is at the Boardwalk. You'll then trek all the way back to DTD for PI.

That's a lot of back and forth traveling. Why not eat at a restaurant at DTD? I realize your doing ESPN for your sports crazed son and I'm not sure where you'd fit that in on any other day. However, I wanted you to be aware of the traveling you'll be doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter