AoA vs Pop

Dawn T.

Mouseketeer
Hi all-

Looking for an inexpensive weekend away. I enjoy quiet pools and am really looking for some serenity for the weekend, rather than hustles and bustle. Anyone feel that one of these values is any quieter, more adult friendly?

Thanks!

I always find a lakeview room at Pop to be super quiet and with the walk through the decades and shadow boxes in the lobby geared to adults who love nostalgia.

That being said, I'm not sure how quiet the pools are going to be. The 50's /80's pool will most likely be quieter than the 60's main pool though.

I have stayed at POP and walked through AofA. I would say theme wise POP would be more adult friendly. The two smaller pools (bowling and computer) were also not as busy than the main pool.

We stayed AoA the last week of September and since it was just the wife and I we were in the Little Mermaid section. There was a quiet pool there and it seemed that there were not as many kids. LM is the only section with the rooms like PoP in that they are not suites but rather normal rooms with doors opening out instead of the inside hallways the rest of AoA has. Downside was the walk to the busses and the Food Court. I would imagine that section of AoA was fairly quiet during the day. PoP however can be quieter as well. A room facing the lake might be quiet as well and going to one of the smaller pools would probably be less crowded. I would just look and book the cheapest room and go for it!

I would say Pop is geared more towards adults. I agree that 60's lakeside is quietest....thats my fave view too. I love the view of AoA from that side. And yes, the bowling pin and computer pool are definitely quieter than the main pool. No matter which resort you choose, you do have the option of walking over to the other resort to check out the resort and try out the food court. AoA has good/unique offerings!

Pop would definitely be a better pick for serenity
If you are put in the 90s section though, you'll have to deal with the parking lot noise which WILL include at least 1 car alarm going off at like 3 AM every night lol
We stayed there this month and were put in the 80s section, it was pretty quiet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!