AOL users and photo files

Muushka

<font color=red>I usually feel like I just stepped
I do not have AOL, but I have several friends that do. There are times when I send a photo (as a file) and they simply cannot open it up. Other times they can. It is not just one person, it is several, and always just AOL users.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? How do you send your photo files to AOL users?? Thanks in advance.:)

I don't use AOL either, just thought I would bump this up for you :D

I'm an AOL user...I don't recall ever having a problem opening a photo file. What format are the files (.jpg?) and do you send them as zipped files? Maybe that's the problem if they don't know how to unzip?

Yup, they are .JPG format and nope, I don't zip'em before I send them. Just wondering if AOL has a setting for that type of thing that these people may or may not have turned on.

I sent about 5 files in an email the other day and she could not open them. The next day I sent an email with only 1 in it, and she opened it fine. I wonder if the size of the email has anything to do with it. Thanks PandyPaws, for listening!

Interesting you should post this. My inlaws just got online with AOL. When I send photos to everyone else the photo is in the body of the message. They had to do some stuff to open it and it was frustrating since I couldn't help them. i assumed it was AOL.

I've never had trouble opening jpg's or gif's. Maybe their settings are set not to receive attachments?

I'm pretty sure, if more than one...the files would show up as zipped. Depending upon the AOL version they have....newer versions have a setting to automatically unzip, with unzipping software built in....older versions require the user to install an unzipping program such as WinZip and do it manually. This definately sounds like the problem since they CAN open the files when sent one at a time.

I have the same problem sending pics to my in-laws. Would someone be kind enough to do a step-by-step guide to opening pics on AOL? Then I could let them know how.
It has to be REALLY simple, they are afraid of the computer to begin with. It took us 3 years to convince them to get on the internet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter