AP and DDE purchase timing

iankh

It's never done till it's overdone
I know I can buy an AP with the DVC discount when I am down at WDW. Can I also buy a DDE at the same time?

DDE can only be purchased online or over the phone. After you purchase the AP, you can call DDE and order the card. Since there obviously will not be time to get the card in the mail before you want to begin using it, you can ask the CM to send a temporary card over to Guest Relations at Epcot (main entrance only). It will be there after 5:30 pm on the day you order it if you call early enough in the day

The catch is that DDE is only open M - F. If you are arriving on the weekend, you will lose a couple days of use.

Best wishes -

Does anyone know if you can join DDE with just an AP voucher or does it need to be activated? Thanks!

An AP voucher is just fine. Just did it earlier this week! :earsboy:

Aunt Cawa
An AP voucher is just fine. Just did it earlier this week!

Were you able to 'pick' the date the DDE will start? ie. you will be going in December, but called this week, will the 1 year clock start NOW or in Deecember?
Thanks,

BillPA said:
Were you able to 'pick' the date the DDE will start? ie. you will be going in December, but called this week, will the 1 year clock start NOW or in Deecember?
Thanks,
Your expiration date should be the last day of the month you joined the DDE.

BillPA said:
Thanks,

I just read a thread on DDE where one poster ordered in the middle of August and received it with an expiry of September 30, 2006.

I'm planning on ordering mine mid-Oct and I hope it will expire November 30, 2006 so I can use it for this November and next November's trips.

I ordered mine Aug 10 and it has an August 31 2006 expriation date so it maye depend on when in the middle of the month you order.

I just ordered an Ap about 15 minutes ago over the phone through MS. I didn't receive any confirmation# or any info and the girl at MS said they would call me. Does that sound right? I want to order the DDE so now do I just have to wait for the voucher to come and then I can order it? Thanks.

CarolMN said:
DDE can only be purchased online or over the phone. After you purchase the AP, you can call DDE and order the card. Since there obviously will not be time to get the card in the mail before you want to begin using it, you can ask the CM to send a temporary card over to Guest Relations at Epcot (main entrance only). It will be there after 5:30 pm on the day you order it if you call early enough in the day

The catch is that DDE is only open M - F. If you are arriving on the weekend, you will lose a couple days of use.

Best wishes -

I ordered mine on Tuesday 9/13. We are leaving next Saturday (9/24) so we will not have our card in time. I was told to go to Guest Relations outside of EPC to pick up my temp card. I asked if I had to wait until the following Monday and she said that I could pick it up anytime during EPC hours and on Sat & Sun. I was told this by 2 different people. I guess I should call back to make sure though.

KristiKelly said:
I ordered mine on Tuesday 9/13. We are leaving next Saturday (9/24) so we will not have our card in time. I was told to go to Guest Relations outside of EPC to pick up my temp card. I asked if I had to wait until the following Monday and she said that I could pick it up anytime during EPC hours and on Sat & Sun. I was told this by 2 different people. I guess I should call back to make sure though.
You won't have a problem. Epcot's Guest Relations is open on the weekend for you to pick up your card. It is the DDE office (the people you call to order the DDE card) that is closed on the weekend. So you cannot order the card on the weekend, but if you order it during the week and ask that a temporary card be left for you at Epcot's Guest Relations, you can pick it up there on the weekend.

We have our AP vouchers in hand, and plan to order the DDE card the end of November to assure having a Dec. 31 expiration date. That way, we will get 3 trips on it.

BillPa,

No, I could not pick a date. We are going next month. I waited until
Sept. 13 and got an October expiration date. Which is great, since that is the same as our AP's.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. We are going at Thanksgiving and I wanted to get the DDE to cover this year and next Thanksgiving. I didn't know if I could call now and ask for a November start/end date, but it sounds like I need to wait until late October to order the card. Assuming I would get a Nov 30, 2006 expiration.

How long does it take to get the cards, is 4 weeks enough to have it before we leave?

Thanks again.
:wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

BillPA said:
Thanks for the information. We are going at Thanksgiving and I wanted to get the DDE to cover this year and next Thanksgiving. I didn't know if I could call now and ask for a November start/end date, but it sounds like I need to wait until late October to order the card. Assuming I would get a Nov 30, 2006 expiration.

How long does it take to get the cards, is 4 weeks enough to have it before we leave?
The start date of the card is the day that you order it. The expiration date will be at the end of the month in which you ordered it, plus one year. If you order late in the month, then the expiration date will be at the end of the following month plus one year. When you call to order the card, they can tell you what your expiration date will be. They can usually tell you at what point in a particular month the expiration date shifts out to the next month.

Based on recent posts on the Restaurants board, some people got their cards in as little as 2 weeks, others took as long as 27 days. All this is subject to change based on the number of people calling to sign up in any given period.

If your card will not arrive in time for your trip, you can ask that a temporary card be left for you to pick up at Guest Relations at the main entrance to Epcot.

What is the lead time to order and receive a DDE?

It's sounding like I should order an AP in advance. I would just want to hold everything off as long as possible.

You have to have the AP voucher in hand to order the DDE card. You will need the numbers from the voucher to order it. You can always wait and get both of them after you arrive at WDW too. The DDE card must be ordered by phone, but you can do that at WDW and have the temporary card sent to the Epcot costumer service center to pick up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter