AP and reservation question.

JPM4

Mouseketeer
Hi All
We are heading to the dis in August and are planning to upgrade to APs when there. We are planning on going during Christmas as well. My question is can I book a room now and hopefully it is an AP discount room? Or should we wait and hopefully there are still AP room discounts available for Christmas? Thanks.

Christmas isn't a typically discounted time, I would guess no discounts for check-ins the week before. Right now AP discounts are only available until 6/10/18. You might have to wait a bit before they are released for August or December, if you book a room now it won't be discounted and you'd have to apply the discount later if it becomes available.

@JPM4 - FYI, moved you to the Discounts board. The fine folks here should be able to help.

(But yes, I agree, AP discounts on around Christmas itself may be tough to find)

I've just ordered annual passes for pick up later in April and was told that I can't book future rooms with the annual pass discount until I actually activate the annual pass.

I thought you could book the room with discount as long as you show your AP within 24 hours. I'm pretty sure I did that a few years ago. Has it changed? I am thinking about doing the same thing in a few weeks.

I thought you could book the room with discount as long as you show your AP within 24 hours. I'm pretty sure I did that a few years ago. Has it changed? I am thinking about doing the same thing in a few weeks.

I am not an expert on this, but I am sure that you can. But you take a chance if any rooms will be available within 24 hours. I bought my Annual Pass on the MyDisneyExperience website and I plan to activate it when I arrive in late June 2018. I have finally gotten my reservations using the resent Summer Annual Pass Discount, but is wasn't easy.

I wanted a Standard View price and not the other views. Today, I finally got all of my dates lined up with the same view and price. I did have the other regular discount reservation and that was difficult to because the rooms were running out in all four different room views.

The Annual Pass Discount was lower and I don't have to make any changes.

Good luck and I hope that you get your discount and the rooms that you want.

We did a 10-day package and upgraded to annual passes. I called to let them know what we were doing, and they gave us the annual pass discount for the room. We did have to show them our annual passes after we activated them in the parks on day one, but no issues with the process. Good luck!

It depends what you mean by “during Christmas”. I’ve been successful at getting discounts up to 12/24 and then again after 1/1 with my AP. However, I had check frequently and keep booking/rebooking to get the best deal. You might only see availability when you break up your stay into smaller chunks. It also depends how picky you are about resorts.

I went in early Dec last year and had AP and FL available to me to use. We used military in the end cause it was available but it was early Dec.

I haven't even bought an AP yet, but I plan to upgrade my ticket as soon as I arrive. Although I won't be able to view AP pricing yet, the CM on the phone was able to give me rates and would be able to book the rooms for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!