AP Break Even

Leafsgirl36

Leafs Fan Forever
I am trying to run numbers to see if purchasing an AP would be cheaper then a 6 day park hopper ticket.

There will be 3 adults and 1 child and we plan on doing the following:

DAHs - 2 nights and there is an AP discount
Dessert partys - I can`t find anywhere if there is an AP discount
Table Meals - usually a 10% discount
Photopass - included

I can run the numbers for everything except the dessert partys as I can`t find anywhere that shows if there is an AP discount.

Can someone help me out please.

The only dessert party that I have seen a discount for is the Ferry Tales one. The website isn’t working for me to confirm if that is currently true for that particular party. But, I am pretty confident others are excluded.

I buy an AP for just me and regular tickets for others in my family. Still receive the memory maker, dining and after hours discounts for everyone.

ETA: I was able to view AP discounts and, yes, Ferry Tales Dessert Party is the only one with a discount. 10% off. It is listed under “events and entertainment.”

Last edited:

This may not be relevant if you are not driving, but you also get free parking.
There is also a dedicated entrance for AP in all parks.

I am trying to run numbers to see if purchasing an AP would be cheaper then a 6 day park hopper ticket.

There will be 3 adults and 1 child and we plan on doing the following:

DAHs - 2 nights and there is an AP discount
Dessert partys - I can`t find anywhere if there is an AP discount
Table Meals - usually a 10% discount
Photopass - included

I can run the numbers for everything except the dessert partys as I can`t find anywhere that shows if there is an AP discount.

Can someone help me out please.

There’s never the calculation for how much your next vacation is going to cost since... you already have a FP, so another trip would mean taking advantage of prepaying for 1 ticket! Done that twice already ;)

AP holders get 20% off most merchandise (some places are 5%, 10% and 15%). This includes snacks & drinks in the stores too (at your resort, for example).
Yes. Sometimes we buy a loaf of bread, jug of milk, and some cold cuts at our resort. The 20% off makes the prices more tolerable.

We get APs, but plan our trips so that we get 3 trips from each pass and easily save money.
To break even on an AP in 1 6 day trip is possible, but difficult unless you use alot of the dining and purchasing discounts.

6 days is a hard spot to break even. For me, the break even point is 10 days over at least two trips. The other discounts are perks on top of a any ticket savings I would get. I don't even factor AP discounts into my break even point.
agree! We will be upgrading ours on upcoming trip that is 8 days, then using it for another 8 day trip next spring.

We have purchased APs twice in the past. Our justification being that we would use them for our week long summer vacation and then for one or two weekend trips. Also throw in a couple day trips and the APs more than pay for themselves. We live 3 hours away so its nothing to shoot down for the day. Personally I agree with PPs that trying to recoup the cost by way of discounts on dining, photo pass etc sounds sketchy. I wouldn't chance it. Crunch you own numbers and do what you think is best. Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter