AP Discount but arriving w/o an Annual Pass

Gehrig1B

DIS Veteran
We are pass holders and have reserved a room with our AP discount. The pass will expire well before arrival. We are using Undercover tourist tickets linked to MDE and will upgrade to APs upon arrival. Any problem with keeping the AP room discount doing it this way? Thanks in advance.

Shouldn’t have any issues. Once your APs expire, have you thought about upgrading the UT tickets to AP vouchers before your trip?

In the past when we were AP holders we needed to have valid APs when we checked in in order to keep our AP discount.

Mrs TT

A follow up...

I called the Anual Passholder phone number and the CM told me not to worry, I can check-in and tell the desk I am purchasing a new AP the following day (I am arriving late night) and they will allow me to keep the AP room discount.

I also emailed the Passholder address... The response was very different, seemed more a corporate answer quoting the policy: "If you have booked a room with an Annual Passholder discount you will want to be sure to do the upgrade prior to the check-in for that particular trip. The policy is that you have a valid Annual Pass at the time of check in."

Oh well... back to square one.

A follow up...

I called the Anual Passholder phone number and the CM told me not to worry, I can check-in and tell the desk I am purchasing a new AP the following day (I am arriving late night) and they will allow me to keep the AP room discount.

I also emailed the Passholder address... The response was very different, seemed more a corporate answer quoting the policy: "If you have booked a room with an Annual Passholder discount you will want to be sure to do the upgrade prior to the check-in for that particular trip. The policy is that you have a valid Annual Pass at the time of check in."

Oh well... back to square one.

I can say from my personal experiences and countless others here on the DIS, you will not have an issue with your pass holder discount by upgrading once you get there.

I can say from my personal experiences and countless others here on the DIS, you will not have an issue with your pass holder discount by upgrading once you get there.

I agree that you won't have an issue. My pass expired June 7 this year and I had a trip that started June 11. I planned to renew when I got there (which I did) and I didn't have any trouble at check in regarding my AP room discount. We arrived very late (2am) and the CM that checked us in never said anything about it.

Even if the total is paid off ahead of time?
We had booked an AP discounted Savannah room at AKL and when we paid were reminded that we needed to show a valid AP when we checked in or we would have to pay the additional charge. We didn't have a valid AP when we booked (it had lapsed) and had renewed it for our visit by the time we checked in.

Mrs TT

We had booked an AP discounted Savannah room at AKL and when we paid were reminded that we needed to show a valid AP when we checked in or we would have to pay the additional charge. We didn't have a valid AP when we booked (it had lapsed) and had renewed it for our visit by the time we checked in.

Mrs TT
Interesting, thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter