AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

And for anyone following along, weekends are back to rack rate. They were discounted last week. I'm still fiddling with my reservation, mostly because there is so much heavy construction at AKL that it is making me second guess. But not if I have to pay rack rate for 2 out of our 3 nights...

And for anyone following along, weekends are back to rack rate. They were discounted last week. I'm still fiddling with my reservation, mostly because there is so much heavy construction at AKL that it is making me second guess. But not if I have to pay rack rate for 2 out of our 3 nights...

We only have 1 weekend night with our reservation, but it made a difference of $250 just for that one so glad I’m done tweaking. We’re at AKL as well and from what I can read, the renovations really don’t have much impact.

Still a lot of availability for SWGE opening week. Any thoughts when we may see a discount for 8/29 onward?
AP rates came out last year in mid-June. We may see Disney hold off a little longer to see if guests book without a discount. They haven't provided any other incentives for staying onsite from 8/29 - 9/1 and the morning EMH times that start on Sept 2 are rather non-vacation-y for most, so if there is a lot of availability, they will have to put out a discount to fill rooms.

When I checked this morning it appears that weekend nights are currently included in the discount. I was looking up AKL for August.

I booked on Sunday and weekend nights were not included in the discount. Then I checked yesterday and they were, so changed my reservation. Now today they are not included. Does Disney keep changing the rates? Today I want to change again, but not going to do anything till the weekend rates are included again.

I booked on Sunday and weekend nights were not included in the discount. Then I checked yesterday and they were, so changed my reservation. Now today they are not included. Does Disney keep changing the rates? Today I want to change again, but not going to do anything till the weekend rates are included again.

Yes, we've been monitoring this "phenomenon" and they keep changing them across the board frequently. Today is definitely not the day to book as the weekends are in rack rate mode. Based on past pattern, I find it highly likely that, within a day or two, you'll be able to find the discounted weekend rates and alter your reservation at that time. Just keep checking each morning.

I wonder how many people book when rack rate weekends are in effect and never think to check again. The price difference can be huge! Weirdest thing I've ever seen happen with AP discounts for sure.

I wonder how many people book when rack rate weekends are in effect and never think to check again. The price difference can be huge! Weirdest thing I've ever seen happen with AP discounts for sure.

I wish I knew about this last year. We booked a week at the Pop and I could never get a straight answer out of Disney why the weekend stays were at full price. They tried to tell me well that means there are no rooms available at the AP Discount rate, but couldn't answer how I had an AP discount for the rest of my trip.

AP rates came out last year in mid-June. We may see Disney hold off a little longer to see if guests book without a discount. They haven't provided any other incentives for staying onsite from 8/29 - 9/1 and the morning EMH times that start on Sept 2 are rather non-vacation-y for most, so if there is a lot of availability, they will have to put out a discount to fill rooms.

I'm hoping they come out soon. I actually booked at AKL without a discount for early December, as there isn't much availability for the dates I'm going, and I'm hoping to get some sort of discount, otherwise it's going to be more than I was hoping! I really love AKL, but was hoping to try one of the EPCOT resorts this time around.

I wish I knew about this last year. We booked a week at the Pop and I could never get a straight answer out of Disney why the weekend stays were at full price. They tried to tell me well that means there are no rooms available at the AP Discount rate, but couldn't answer how I had an AP discount for the rest of my trip.
I also wish I had known about this! I just assumed it was normal and accepted that weekend weren’t discounted. I’ll be more vigilant going forward.

Yes, we've been monitoring this "phenomenon" and they keep changing them across the board frequently. Today is definitely not the day to book as the weekends are in rack rate mode. Based on past pattern, I find it highly likely that, within a day or two, you'll be able to find the discounted weekend rates and alter your reservation at that time. Just keep checking each morning.

Oh wow, I am glad I checked and now know that there are times they are included. Fingers crossed the weekend rates drop again soon. Thanks for the info!

I just came to here to read the latest rumblings on AP discounts and saw this! I had NO idea this was a thing (my first AP but not my first WDW rodeo lol) I would have just assumed weekends weren't included in AP discounts and that was that. Thanks!

I just came to here to read the latest rumblings on AP discounts and saw this! I had NO idea this was a thing (my first AP but not my first WDW rodeo lol) I would have just assumed weekends weren't included in AP discounts and that was that. Thanks!

Over the last month or so, many of us here have noticed fluctuating "across the board" changes in the AP rates for weekends; one day everything is discounted and the next day they are not, only to change again a day or two later. This is not just isolated to a single resort or room category. What was initially thought to be a lack of AP inventory issue, quickly became apparent that Disney was simply changing the pricing on a frequent basis for unknown reasons, but presumably testing how future AP discounts may roll out. I've been unable to determine any pattern as to what to expect on any given day. FWIW, today is a rack rate day again and I'm expecting them to fluctuate to a discount day tomorrow or Friday, if history repeats.

Hi - just so that I am sure that I understand - I am not a current AP holder. We have a trip booked in Oct at rack rate, and are planning another short trip in April, and then an 8 day trip next summer. We were planning to upgrade to AP when we are there in October. However, if AP discounts come out now for our days, would I be able to book that? Would I need to change my ticket already now to AP? I want to ensure the AP valid from date does not start till we arrive. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi - just so that I am sure that I understand - I am not a current AP holder. We have a trip booked in Oct at rack rate, and are planning another short trip in April, and then an 8 day trip next summer. We were planning to upgrade to AP when we are there in October. However, if AP discounts come out now for our days, would I be able to book that? Would I need to change my ticket already now to AP? I want to ensure the AP valid from date does not start till we arrive. Thanks in advance for your help!
Following - thank you :)

With that many trips, APs make a lot of sense. If you buy an AP now, you will be able to check for AP discounts online and modify your reservation if there is a discount available for your dates. The valid date does not start until you 1) activate the AP at Guest Relations and 2) scan your AP for entry at a park. For example, I purchased my AP on January XX 2019; I activated the AP at Guest Relations on March 30, 2019; I first entered the park on March 31st, 2019. My AP is good through March 31st, 2020.

If you want to keep your ticket and upgrade onsite, you can call WDW for AP discount availability and to modify your reservation to a discount. Personally, I find it easier to check myself online. You need to have an active AP in your MDE on your check in date for AP rates.

Maybe a silly question. We are traveling 7/24-7/31 and are booked in a 2 bdrm at Kidani. I'll be upgrading the tickets that came in our package to APs as we will be taking two more trips within the next 12 month period. Is it possible/likely to get an AP rate on a villa? I'm wondering if I should purchase the AP's now and go room only for this trip if there is a discount out for the room

Maybe a silly question. We are traveling 7/24-7/31 and are booked in a 2 bdrm at Kidani. I'll be upgrading the tickets that came in our package to APs as we will be taking two more trips within the next 12 month period. Is it possible/likely to get an AP rate on a villa? I'm wondering if I should purchase the AP's now and go room only for this trip if there is a discount out for the room

I don’t know anything about packages as I always book my rooms separate from purchasing my tickets/AP to get my best rate/deal, but I checked and there is currently a 2 Bdrm villa savanna view available at Kidani for your dates for $721/night with the AP rate. The standard view is not available. The weekend rate is currently more, but if you’ve seen some of the other posts, that rate is fluctuating frequently and could very well be lower tomorrow morning. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts