AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

In all honestly, after the dust of flurry of rebooking from the closure is over; I was expected even lower rates.

Will be interesting to see if so, how they roll them out...packages to include ‘bonus items’ or even lower FL resident/APH rates.

Hope they don’t dump inventory on Priceline/Hotwire or go the pincode rate (of which I never received one lol)

I was able to modify my Riviera Resort from a Tower Studio (smallest room with only the pull-down queen) to the Deluxe Studio with a price increase of only $200. Also, I was able to remove the two-day tickets. I am pleased with the cost of the room and being able to use my AP and a previously purchased 7 day ticket. Of course, I am still deciding if the trip will happen -- just waiting to see how everything plays out in the next few weeks.

In all honestly, after the dust of flurry of rebooking from the closure is over; I was expected even lower rates.

Will be interesting to see if so, how they roll them out...packages to include ‘bonus items’ or even lower FL resident/APH rates.

Hope they don’t dump inventory on Priceline/Hotwire or go the pincode rate (of which I never received one lol)

Yes.

The issue is the rack rates have increased to insane levels. So even with the larger percent off, still brings them higher than I would have expected.

For example for 08/07-08/09 Pop has a rack of $226! After the discount brings it to 158...That's not a deal, IMO..

But OKW, same weekend, has a rack of $435, and discount brings it to $261. Still a tad higher than I would have thought, but better.

I guess I was expecting to see Pop around $120 and OKW around $220. They are getting closer, not sure if they get as far down as I thought or wanted, though.

Has the AP discount been removed? we booked a room for next week, and was looking for another room next month, but the Discount no longer shows on ANY of our 3 different AP accounts????? nor on the "View Special Offers"???

Pretty aggravating again for Passholders..... So within the first few hours there is NO availability for Pop Century, which is the only value open at this time! Yet they have availability using the regular room only discount.
Its just aggravating the way AP holders are being treated lately.
I will try and call to see if it can be changed over the phone.
Don't get me wrong.... I appreciate that this is a very good discount.... but why limit the number of AP rooms so much, especially having NO values available?

Last edited:
I've already saved around $1700 over our split stays over Christmas week, it was even better than the BB offer we had for the first half of our stay at contemporary (and discounts usually never compare to those). Now I'm just trying to decide on Riviera for Thanksgiving week or keeping YC and getting a better discount. I just had a horrible experience at YC so I'm not really wanting to stay there, I'm so torn, all the discounts are so good.

Pretty aggravating again for Passholders..... So within the first few hours there is NO availability for Pop Century, which is the only value open at this time! Yet they have availability using the regular room only discount.
Its just aggravating the way AP holders are being treated lately.
I will try and call to see if it can be changed over the phone.
Don't get me wrong.... I appreciate that this is a very good discount.... but why limit the number of AP rooms so much, especially having NO values available?

I was able to get Pop online at 6:30 this morning for late October and late December. I hope you can get it for your dates over the phone.

Totally worth setting my alarm for 6am the past couple of weeks. Saved $3000 on our split stay in October. No discounts available for the cabins during our stay, but was able to get the Grand Floridian for almost the same price. Moving 3 times over the 14 night stay, but I’m excited. We’ll get to experience the GF, OKW and Riviera this time around.

I was in the phone for about 3 hours total, but finally picked up my AP discount and saved about $1400. I had a price protected rate at GF (started at BW...moved to Poly....moved to GF), so it was worth the extra time. I could not modify online, so had to call to make the change.

Was your AP discount better than the price protected rate? We have a price protected at Boulder Ridge, and so far, it seems better than any of the AP I am seeing for our stay

Was your AP discount better than the price protected rate? We have a price protected at Boulder Ridge, and so far, it seems better than any of the AP I am seeing for our stay
Yes. Our BW price was at rack rate, no discount. The $ saved is based on that rate compared to the 40% of AP. It comes out to about 24% better than the rack rate I was paying.

I was able to get Pop online at 6:30 this morning for late October and late December. I hope you can get it for your dates over the phone.
Thanks..... late Oct. was what I am looking for too.... guess I was about 2 hours late!
Kicker is.... I just made the reservation online last night at about 11:00pm and was hoping a discount would pop up this week.
I just don't have hours to be on hold right now.... will try later today.

Well, this discount has made me happy. I got CSR for $177/night with the AP discount for Thanksgiving week today. I booked a standard room, so I guess it remains to be seen if CSR will actually open and, if it does, that the whole resort will open and not just the tower!

Was doing split stay BWV and CSR week of Thanksgiving and week after. Couldn't get BWV, so cancelled both and now staying 1/2 Yacht and half Riviera...with AP discount saved just under $2K. I was so glad when this came out today...something to look forward to in this pandemic world we live in today.

I was able to get Pop this evening for my mid December dates. It only saved me about $200, because I already had a 20% discount through a third party that I booked in 2019, so I only got an additional 10%, but I will take it. Waiting to see what happens with January now, as I have a stay booked at rack and hoping for a discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts