AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

Would someone kindly check for me with the new discounts released today -

We currently have a 3night ap ticketless package with ddp
All star music
Monday April 20-Thursday April 23
(3nights)
3adults

I’m wondering if we could save some $’s

thanks in advance.
I checked for discounts and there weren't any discounts of any kind, pass holder or general public for those dates at AS Music.

We had a bounceback for April 30-May 7 at AKL, savanna view. The AP rate was $250 less than the BB rate, so we changed our rez this morning. I've been checking every day for the AP discount since it came out on January 3rd last year, so I was ready. Incidentally AKL savanna view for our May trip last year was also cheaper with last year's AP discount than the BB was.

So perhaps the more-expensive-than-ever AP has paid for itself this year.

Those big summer AP discounts keep pulling me back in. AP expires end of April. Have a six night Pop trip booked starting at April 19. The new discount lured me back in, booked a 6 night visit at end of June for Water View in the Tower at CS. Never stayed there before.

I booked a discount of my room in July while muttering to myself that it was an absolutely horrible discount, only $37 off. Then I came in here and realized that the offer only runs until the second day of our trip. I quickly went and looked at my confirmation email and sure enough only the first two nights of our seven night trip are discount. The actual rate for our room at Poly with the discount was over $100 less (don't feel like calculating the actual amount, so lazy today) than rack rate, which isn't horrible, but now I guess I either have to try and do a BB offer when I'm at BWI later this month, or hope another discount comes out that covers our entire trip *sigh*. Just keep on waiting and hoping.

Just a thought, but you might want to break your stay into 2 reservations: 1 for the 2 nights you can get discounted now & the rack rate days separate. The next AP discount promo would start where this one left off & won’t include the first 2 days of your stay. It might not be easy to drop those full price nights from this reservation later, after a new discount comes out. You might even be able to get those extra nights with the public discount that came out. Not as good as an AP rate, but better than rack rate. Just something to consider.

Those big summer AP discounts keep pulling me back in. AP expires end of April. Have a six night Pop trip booked starting at April 19. The new discount lured me back in, booked a 6 night visit at end of June for Water View in the Tower at CS. Never stayed there before.
I feel the same! The 4th of July rates are so good, but do I really want to deal with those crowds and the heat? Decisions!!

Hi, all. Any thoughts on whether or not this will generate any check-in friction? I assume will be ok, but would appreciate feedback...
I just booked two club level rooms for the same period using the new AP discount
Room 1 - me, wife, two kids are on the reservation
Room 2 - me and my dad are on the reservation
Both my wife and I have APs. The intention is to have my mom and dad use room 2. They do not have APs. Will this create any issues at check-in? Thanks!

Hi, all. Any thoughts on whether or not this will generate any check-in friction? I assume will be ok, but would appreciate feedback...
I just booked two club level rooms for the same period using the new AP discount
Both my wife and I have APs. The intention is to have my mom and dad use room 2. They do not have APs. Will this create any issues at check-in? Thanks!
I booked two rooms (under my MDE account) with AP discounts for Nov. 2018 with no issue. My parents were the only ones on the reservation for 2nd room.

I guess since I made the reservations (and paid for the down payments with my own card) .. the discount was applied even though they were not AP holders.

A couple of quick thoughts:
  • I don't think you need to be on both reservations. My understanding is that APs can book up an extra room (or is it 2 extra rooms) for people traveling together.
  • I would definitely make sure your mom is on the reservation with your dad. She needs it for all the perks - opening the pool, getting into the CL lounge, ME, etc.
And @Miffy and @tlmadden73 beat me to the punch while I was typing! I'm glad to see we have consensus!

An AP holder can book up to 3 rooms with the discount. The guests in the other rooms do not have to be AP holders. You’ll be fineness with your parents in the other room.

And I agree with Vinotinto... get your mom on that 2 nd room & get yourself off. Did you call & book or just do 2 separate reservations online? If online... call & have the CM add your mom & link the reservations so you won’t have any issues.

An AP holder can book up to 3 rooms with the discount. The guests in the other rooms do not have to be AP holders. You’ll be fineness with your parents in the other room.

And I agree with Vinotinto... get your mom on that 2 nd room & get yourself off. Did you call & book or just do 2 separate reservations online? If online... call & have the CM add your mom & link the reservations so you won’t have any issues.
Really appreciate the responses. Thanks!

Just a thought, but you might want to break your stay into 2 reservations: 1 for the 2 nights you can get discounted now & the rack rate days separate. The next AP discount promo would start where this one left off & won’t include the first 2 days of your stay. It might not be easy to drop those full price nights from this reservation later, after a new discount comes out. You might even be able to get those extra nights with the public discount that came out. Not as good as an AP rate, but better than rack rate. Just something to consider.
Actually, when looking at previous years the discounts do usually overlap by a few weeks, since this is two days I'm not too worried. Also, if the next one starts on our third day it would stand to reason that discount would be greater than the two day so we would save more. I've done the splitting up of reservations before, several years ago, and we ended up having to move rooms (not my favorite). They say "we'll try our best" and then we get assigned a new room with someone moving in to our room that day. We ended up with 5 hours during the day without a room, so I'd be fine with getting a discount for 3/4 of our trip when discounts for the rest of summer drop. Of course, like I said, historically they do overlap so I'm not too worried (I'm also going to work on getting a bounceback offer when I'm at BWI in a couple of weeks, and that'll probably be a better discount anyway). It's also super easy to change any reservation to a new discount, I've gone from rack to public to AP discounts several times. I've done discounts where I change resort, I've changed from a room package to a free dining, so I'm not worried because it always works out; I was just kicking myself for not realizing it only included two of our dates this time.

I booked a few days ago at POFQ for July 2-6. Our APs expire June 7 but the plan is to renew. Then discounts dropped so I was able to modify. I think it was about $263 a night and dropped to $218. POR ($209) and CBR ($206) are a tad cheaper but we really like the smallness of POFQ as opposed to POR and while I have stayed at CBR probably 20 years ago, my husband hasn't yet. We are there over MLK so if we like it we may switch, if there is still availability.

SSR wasn't that much more but we have 7 trips planned this year so I think we'd rather save a little bit. I really want to try the FW cabins but believe it or not, rack rate was higher than WL! I didn't notice the discounted rate but I'm sure it was more than we wanted to spend. Others mentioned AKL was a good deal with the AP too but it's not really on our radar so I didn't notice the prices for that one either.

Well, I'm pretty stoked. I had originally booked a bounceback for a week in June at Pop. With the new AP discount, I switched to Coronado for $100 less for the week. A standard room at CSR was cheaper than a Preferred at Pop! We're big fans of CSR, so we'll take it!

Can anyone check AP discount rates for May 2-9 at either CBR or AKL? We have a PR at CBR booked with no discount but are thinking of doing at least one AP for the benefits.

Can anyone check AP discount rates for May 2-9 at either CBR or AKL? We have a PR at CBR booked with no discount but are thinking of doing at least one AP for the benefits.

Currently Available:

CBR Pirate Room - Standard View: $254.89
CBR Pirate Room - Water View: $259.39
No other room types available at CBR

AKL - Pool View: $340.14
AKL - Savanna View: $415.07
AKL - Savanna View King Bed: $424.82
AKL - Savanna Club Level - $488.89
AKL - Standard Views: Not available

Hope that helps!

Currently Available:

CBR Pirate Room - Standard View: $254.89
CBR Pirate Room - Water View: $259.39
No other room types available at CBR

AKL - Pool View: $340.14
AKL - Savanna View: $415.07
AKL - Savanna View King Bed: $424.82
AKL - Savanna Club Level - $488.89
AKL - Standard Views: Not available

Hope that helps!
Thank you so much! Are there AP discounts at DVC resorts? Like AKL Kidani/Jambo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!