AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

So I've been looking for PH discounts on my Nov 1-4 reservation, and every time it shows the 'Passholder Fall and Holiday Offer' as being the exact same price as the rack rate! Does that mean it's not available?

So I've been looking for PH discounts on my Nov 1-4 reservation, and every time it shows the 'Passholder Fall and Holiday Offer' as being the exact same price as the rack rate! Does that mean it's not available?
I've noticed the same, when searching for October. I had the same problem last year and ended up calling. The CM on the phone was able to book the Passholder rate, even though I could not book it myself. So, it could be an IT glitch, or it could be no discounted room rates are available for your dates or resort. Sometimes, the discounted rates are not available, as Disney's inventory management wants longer length stays, even though the T&C state a one night minimum for the discount.

I didn't have this problem, but did it say the same when you go to the room-selection? Perhaps it compares different room-categories - the availability for AP-discount is very small in contrast to the undisounted rooms. Besides for 2 of your days I have to pay rack rate because it's weekend.

Which resort? I see a few resorts and the rate differs. Hardly any have discounts available it seems over the weekend I guess since it is Wine & Dine race weekend. I know for the General Discount some were saying it was available but it's the same rate as rack rate. I wondered what it meant too as you aren't actually getting a discount.

Here’s a post that there’s still hope! I just called and was able to switch my 8n reservation (11/29-12/7) that was rack rate at Coronado standard view with dining and switch to AKL standard view with dining and it only increased $250. This is with an AP discount . PLUS the guy on the phone said that Disney is starting to roll out more rooms. He said they never roll them all out at once and they do it in small increments over time. So don’t give up hope folks ! AKL was showing ZERO availability that week and now suddenly showed up with openings at about all views

Amazing! Good for you. When I first booked I was only able to get AKL CL with the GP discount, but yesterday I was able to modify it to the AP discount which saved me another $300. It's definitely worth it to keep checking.

I didn't have this problem, but did it say the same when you go to the room-selection? Perhaps it compares different room-categories - the availability for AP-discount is very small in contrast to the undisounted rooms. Besides for 2 of your days I have to pay rack rate because it's weekend.

Yep!

Which resort? I see a few resorts and the rate differs. Hardly any have discounts available it seems over the weekend I guess since it is Wine & Dine race weekend. I know for the General Discount some were saying it was available but it's the same rate as rack rate. I wondered what it meant too as you aren't actually getting a discount.

It was actually coming up that way on all resorts available that weekend. Either it said the discount wasn't available or if it was, it was the same price as rack rate. That's what I think happened with part of my reservation. Nov1-3 isn't on a 'Sunday through Thursday' but still said it had 'Fall and Holiday Room Offer' which was still rack rate. The system is just so glitchy

So booked YC club level water view with AP end of June for the last week in August. This am tried to modify and got all excited since garden CL was available. Modified to garden CL room for exact same dates and it was $180 more than the water CL!!!

Have to drop the first night of the water reservation and worried I'll the be charged a new rate. Ugh

Does anyone know the fine print of the AP discount through Aug 28. Maybe the terms changed and thus the difference

Id be keeping an eye out for tomorrow or Saturday . I think TA's can put rooms on hold for 3 days. Rooms might open up if clients don't accept the offer
You are correct on that. On one of the threads here a ta mentioned they have the best luck finding discounts 2-5 days after an offer is released and they suspect it is due to a mix of more rooms being released and reservations that are put on hold by TAs being released.

I was told the several times I called that no discounts that weekend except visa. Nor do they expect a change in any of the discounts out there to included more resorts or longer/earlier dates.

It is shocking they would rather have empty rooms.

Does inventory change during the day as far rooms being added? For instance the room you want isn't there in the morning but then it is at night? I'm wondering how often I should be checking to see if a room pops up for my discount.

We're back to the issue of weekends being at rack rate with the AP rate.

For example, YC in November:
With AP rate:
$407 on Thurs
$581 Fri
$550 on Saturday

With the regular GP "Fall and Holiday" discount:
$464 on Thurs
$464 Fri
$444 on Saturday
Total is less with the GP rate than with AP discount.

Be careful if you are booking. Watch for weekends at rack rate. Based on what has happened previously, they will be discounted at a later date.

You guys rock!
I have been checking in to see when AP rates were released for our trip in November. Saw the heads up and called this morning. Saved $750 on a CL Boardwalk Deluxe room. Thanks!!!!

I was in Australia when discounts dropped. 7 am Tuesday here was 9pm Wednesday there. I called right at 7 (9) and waited on hold for 2 hours, hoping to get a discount on my one night Tower club in December. CM told me nothing was available and transferred me to guest services for further help....and I was disconnected. I got home early morning today and called an hour ago and was able to get a discount....not a huge amount, but better then nothing. I suggest to continue checking if at first you don’t succeed.

You guys rock!
I have been checking in to see when AP rates were released for our trip in November. Saw the heads up and called this morning. Saved $750 on a CL Boardwalk Deluxe room. Thanks!!!!
Was it showing up online or only for calling? I keep checking online but nothing for my dates

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!