AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

I am upgrading our PH tickets to APs during our September trip. So would someone be kind enough to check on the room only pricing of All Star Music, December 15-21, Standard room, at the AP rate, two people. I called and got a quote, but it didn't sound right with the discount unless it wasn't discounting the weekends.
I'm seeing it with AP discount at $128.80/night

I am upgrading our PH tickets to APs during our September trip. So would someone be kind enough to check on the room only pricing of All Star Music, December 15-21, Standard room, at the AP rate, two people. I called and got a quote, but it didn't sound right with the discount unless it wasn't discounting the weekends.

$128/night Standard ($877.17 with tax)
$146/night Preferred ($1000.63 with tax)

Looks like the weekends are discounted at that price, but the rate jumps on 12/20 to holiday season pricing.

Its $877.17 total for the week
$123.20/ ni Sun - Thu
$156.80/nt Friday

$772.80 plus tax is the rate I am getting...$877.17 total

I have YC water view with the AP discount August 16-18. I'm fine with this, but I would change to a less expensive view if it popped up since we will hardly be in the room. At first I could look to see what was available using change reservation. Lately whenever I try it tells me it cannot find that rate (AP rate) and only has the summer RO offer and RR. So I tried to look for a new reservation and I was signed in and said I could see AP rates, but wasn't showing it as an option for any resorts. Are AP rates no longer bookable for August, is it because it is so soon, or is it some kind of glitch that I don't see the AP choices for rates?

I have YC water view with the AP discount August 16-18. I'm fine with this, but I would change to a less expensive view if it popped up since we will hardly be in the room. At first I could look to see what was available using change reservation. Lately whenever I try it tells me it cannot find that rate (AP rate) and only has the summer RO offer and RR. So I tried to look for a new reservation and I was signed in and said I could see AP rates, but wasn't showing it as an option for any resorts. Are AP rates no longer bookable for August, is it because it is so soon, or is it some kind of glitch that I don't see the AP choices for rates?
A few weeks ago, I realized that sometime the site has me log in again . Look to see if there is a link right above the different rates. It’s easy to miss

Attachments

• BCB0FF35-B1A7-498A-B469-37BF5DA04D84.jpeg
    BCB0FF35-B1A7-498A-B469-37BF5DA04D84.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 12

I can see AP rates for that weekend (my weekend too!). The only room category left at YC is water view CL for $505+tax per night. That's discounted from $777+tax per night.

If it's having trouble showing AP rates make sure:
1. You are in the US page (and not in Canada or EU, sometimes it just switches you).
2. You have just signed in. Go to "My Plans" and make sure you re-sign in (I literally have to re-sign in every time I search, even if I searched 30 minutes ago).
3. If that does not work, try incognito.

A few weeks ago, I realized that sometime the site has me log in again . Look to see if there is a link right above the different rates. It’s easy to miss
Thanks, I did check that! it often does make me re-sign in to see the AP rates.

I can see AP rates for that weekend (my weekend too!). The only room category left at YC is water view CL for $505+tax per night. That's discounted from $777+tax per night.

If it's having trouble showing AP rates make sure:
1. You are in the US page (and not in Canada or EU, sometimes it just switches you).
2. You have just signed in. Go to "My Plans" and make sure you re-sign in (I literally have to re-sign in every time I search, even if I searched 30 minutes ago).
3. If that does not work, try incognito.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! It switched me to Canada! Why in the world does it do that? A while ago it was doing the same thing but it had been long enough ago that I forgot to even check! Thanks :) . So I can see the rates now, and you are correct, only the CL room. I'm looking for cheap this stay, so I'm not even tempted for once LOL. I doubt a garden or standard will show up before our trip, but I'll check just in case.

We have a very short trip planned for the end of September that I'm thinking about extending a few days. I noticed the AP rate is higher on the weekends. Are the weekends bouncing back and forth like they did with the previous AP discount or are they consistently higher? I'm really flexible on where to stay so I can wait it out if they're bouncing around.

We have a very short trip planned for the end of September that I'm thinking about extending a few days. I noticed the AP rate is higher on the weekends. Are the weekends bouncing back and forth like they did with the previous AP discount or are they consistently higher? I'm really flexible on where to stay so I can wait it out if they're bouncing around.
From my understanding if you see the weekends at actual rack rate, that bounces around. I had that issue looking for a Fri and Sat night. The first 2 days I looked they were rack rate with the AP rate, the next day they dropped to 35% off at the YC. If you mean the price is higher on the weekends, not the discount is less or missing, I assume that is just the way it is.

Yes, what @ninafeliz said. The weekend rates are slightly higher than week rates, but through October 2nd the discount off should be the same for week and weekends. After Oct 2nd, the discount is less on the weekends (see the OP).

We are still seeing the weekends bounce back and forth between rack and discounted, so if the weekends appear to be at rack rate, it's a good idea to wait until they return to being discounted.

here is a list of rack rates:
https://www.mousesavers.com/2019-disney-world-room-rates-season-dates/

I'm looking at the YC and BC, CL. I only have a Friday night that is at a higher rate, but it is a discounted rate- just higher than the weekdays. This is for Oct 2-5, just the days I'm adding on. The rates I currently see are $499 for Wed/Thurs and $699 for Friday. If I'm understanding the 2 pp's, this is probably just what the rate is?

I'm looking at the YC and BC, CL. I only have a Friday night that is at a higher rate, but it is a discounted rate- just higher than the weekdays. This is for Oct 2-5, just the days I'm adding on. The rates I currently see are $499 for Wed/Thurs and $699 for Friday. If I'm understanding the 2 pp's, this is probably just what the rate is?
I assume it's just because weekends are more expensive than weekdays at rack rate. That is s big difference, I hadn't realized how much higher the weekends were. Also, per what @cakebaker said, it sounds like since you are looking after Oct 2nd the actual percent off might be less on the weekends. So you get a double whammy - the rack rate is higher and you get a lower percent off. Kind of stinks, but at least you get a discount.

ETA Oops, I meant what @vinotino said :) . reading later posts made me catch that I mixed up the OP and the answerer (is that a word lol!)

Last edited:
YC in October is 30% off weekdays and 20% off weekends.
BC in October is 25% off weekdays and 20% off weekends.

All your nights are discounted. It looks like weekdays are $714 + tax and weekends are $833 + tax. It's just that the rates are stupid expensive.

Still tons of availability for SWGE opening week! Discounts totally bungled.
I probably would have booked a 3 or 4 night stay if Labor day weekend would have had an AP discount. They missed out on my $$$. And at this point, they can discount it and I won't do it since I decided to do the AP preview instead, which we are going for only 2 nights.

YC in October is 30% off weekdays and 20% off weekends.
BC in October is 25% off weekdays and 20% off weekends.

All your nights are discounted. It looks like weekdays are $714 + tax and weekends are $833 + tax. It's just that the rates are stupid expensive.
I couldn't agree more!!! Rack rates at all of the resorts (deluxes in particular) are getting out of control. I was looking at RPC rooms in the GF for 2 random weekdays in December, for example, and the rack rate is $1250-$1500 a night! Poly CL is $850-$1200. I know I'm looking at some of Disney's most expensive rooms, but come on! They are pricing it so that very, very few people will ever be able or willing to book at rack rate, and making the least expensive rooms hard to come by. I guess that must be working for them. I mean, I know the GF os the flagship resort and the Poly is crazy popular, but other than supply and demand and making money there is just no way to justify those crazy rates. It's not like you get priority access to anything or a personal butler or something amazing along those lines to justify the prices. So far we've been able to stay where we want with discounts, but I don't know how long we'll be willing to do that as prices keep going up.

Thanks to both who responded. Rates are crazy high. Our current reservation is at the YC for the 29-2nd, just a standard room. I love CL and since that's the only thing available there for the extended days, was thinking of just tacking them on. For those prices though, I may look at a less expensive resort and just switch resorts. All depends on what the flight change will cost me! It's a little late to be making major reservation changes so not surprised at the lack of availability and pricing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter