AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

Ugh! I have tried all day to book a couple of different resorts using the AP discount but when I go to checkout, says they are no longer available.
The website is overwhelmed with the Galaxy's Edge reservations opening up, so everything is slow and having issues. Keep trying.

The website is overwhelmed with the Galaxy's Edge reservations opening up, so everything is slow and having issues. Keep trying.

I've been letting the page spin for an hour looking for droid and lightsaber reservations. WDW is most definitely not DLR. lol

I've been letting the page spin for an hour looking for droid and lightsaber reservations. WDW is most definitely not DLR. lol
I've been trying all day to get either, but mainly the DD, and just posted a mini rant about it on the SWGE shopping page. I'm so mad right now I'm ready to swear off Disney. This happens every time they release something - upgraded MBs, GE reservations, new resort discounts, free dining, AP previews, you name it, they waste a day of my time with their terrible website.

I've been trying all day to get either, but mainly the DD, and just posted a mini rant about it on the SWGE shopping page. I'm so mad right now I'm ready to swear off Disney. This happens every time they release something - upgraded MBs, GE reservations, new resort discounts, free dining, AP previews, you name it, they waste a day of my time with their terrible website.
UGH I agree. I lost an ADR that would have been perfect for my Oct trip and now searching for Dec AP discounts is taking forever. I want that Millennium Falcon loading screen to disappear!!

I finally managed to get reservations for building a droid and lightsaber, but it took the majority of my day. I’ve yet to get reservations to extend our trip. I’m just not paying more than rack rate for weekends. I’ll keep the trip short before I do that.

I just went to do one of my regular checks of my YC water view reservation to make sure a less expensive standard or garden view didn't pop up, and not only did I have to wait 2:30 to get in on that space mountain page, but the AP rates for the weekends are back at rack rate again.
Weekends are still at rack rate this morning.

I ended up booking at the front end of our trip this morning at PO Riverside. Weekend rates were discounted, but much higher than the weekdays. A decent overall discount, but not close to the best. At least I have something now and I'll just keep an eye out on the wacky website. Availability seems to be bouncing all over the place.

i think they just released a bunch of rooms- i was able to downgrade rooms at riverside over columbus day weekend, and 10/12-10/16 also showed availability (with the AP discount) at French Quarter for the first time since i booked my trip.

I think they did release some rooms. I have been checking every day and today was the first time I saw a Lion King Room for my dates (Race weekend). The savings was only $70 for the whole weekend, but I grabbed it anyway.

i think they just released a bunch of rooms- i was able to downgrade rooms at riverside over columbus day weekend, and 10/12-10/16 also showed availability (with the AP discount) at French Quarter for the first time since i booked my trip.

French Quarter would’ve been my choice, but since I started looking, there hasn’t been anything for my late Sept dates. There still isn’t except for a king room where rates for the weekend are actually higher than rack rate. I'm going to keep an eye out, although the more I look at the Mansions and RR's, the more I like them.

I would love to check AP rates today, but the WDW website is barely working for me. I tried customizing MBs a few times and what I want isn't in stock (not shocking). Went to cancel an extra reservation I don't need. Got the Space Mountain loading screen for 90 seconds. No I am trying to look at availability and its just spinning. :confused3

I would love to check AP rates today, but the WDW website is barely working for me. I tried customizing MBs a few times and what I want isn't in stock (not shocking). Went to cancel an extra reservation I don't need. Got the Space Mountain loading screen for 90 seconds. No I am trying to look at availability and its just spinning. :confused3
Extremely slow today. It’s very frustrating. I’m trying to make a very minor change to a reservation and it either keeps loading endlessly or tells me that Stitch ate the page. I will persist for a while longer. :sad2:

Resort reservations are completely down this morning:
"At this time, new room reservations cannot be booked online. You are still able to purchase tickets, make dining reservations and make FastPass+ selections. We apologize for any inconvenience."

It appears the resort reservations are back.

Last edited:
Tried to modify again this morning to see if weekends were discounted. No luck - Seven Dwarves showed up and informed me that the system was down (after waiting on the Space Mountain loading page).

This weekend has been showing the discount more often than not for me over the past few days. I even found a less expensive Epcot area room twice- a BWI garden view and a BWV standard studios. the studio was even a touch under $300 IIRC. But I called my DH and he wanted to keep the YC, since we like that resort and pool better. No cheaper views there have ever showed up there. This AM when I was checking a SV WL room popped up for the first time for under $300, so things do change and come and go up until check in.

This weekend has been showing the discount more often than not for me over the past few days. I even found a less expensive Epcot area room twice- a BWI garden view and a BWV standard studios. the studio was even a touch under $300 IIRC. But I called my DH and he wanted to keep the YC, since we like that resort and pool better. No cheaper views there have ever showed up there. This AM when I was checking a SV WL room popped up for the first time for under $300, so things do change and come and go up until check in.

Interesting! And thank you for the reporting! I'm still not seeing any shift in the resorts I'm looking at this morning (but I finally got through, yay!)

For those who have been keeping an eye on the weekend discounts, is there a pattern? Right now the "passholder discount" on the room i'd like to upgrade to is showing rack rate for the weekends. Hoping it changes before it sells out

For those who have been keeping an eye on the weekend discounts, is there a pattern? Right now the "passholder discount" on the room i'd like to upgrade to is showing rack rate for the weekends. Hoping it changes before it sells out

Thank you for asking - also wondering what others are seeing. I keep checking and don’t see any changes in my rate for Sept 11-15. :( Still have rack rate for my weekend days.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter