AP discount when dining with a group

Lifelong_Dreamer

DIS Veteran
When dining in a group and paying together, does only one person in the group need to have an annual pass to get the discount for the whole group or does only that one person's meal get discounted?

Thanks in advance!

When dining in a group and paying together, does only one person in the group need to have an annual pass to get the discount for the whole group or does only that one person's meal get discounted?

Thanks in advance!

If one person is picking up the check, most servers will usually discount the whole check if that person or multiple members of the party have an AP.

You DEFINITELY get the discount for the whole check if the person picking up the tab also has a TiW card.

I've dined in large group multiple times where we've split checks (enough to trigger the auto gratuity) and the servers have always given the AP discount to everyone in the party even if just a couple of us have APs, but it's also a case-by-case basis.

It’s generally the table if the AP holder is paying (I don’t have experience with split checks)
A few places like Rainforest say AP holder and 3 guests.

According to the small print on the WDW site, unless stated otherwise all AP restaurant discounts apply to the AP holder and up to 3 guests. Not sure how often they would apply to a party of more than 4 with only one AP holder, but most of them do not say they will apply to the full party if it’s more than 4. I don’t see any on the site that state otherwise.

TIW applies to the cardholder plus up to 9 guests on the same check.

Last edited:

Thanks! We will be a family party of up to 6 adults and I am trying to figure out if it would be cost efficient for me to get an annual pass while the rest of them get regular park tickets.

If you're there long enough, you get the AP, your party likes TS restaurants and drinking alcoholic beverages, and you don't mind everything being on the same check, maybe look into Tables in Wonderland.

If you're there long enough, you get the AP, your party likes TS restaurants and drinking alcoholic beverages, and you don't mind everything being on the same check, maybe look into Tables in Wonderland.

Thanks for the good information. I will need to look into that. We would be going for two weeks with two days at Universal but the rest at WDW. Two of the party it would be their first time so we will probably be hitting up lots of table service meals and character meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter