AP (DVC) renewal

Pinnie

<font color=green>Working a Dream Job<br><font col
I just realized today that we never received our annual pass renewal letter/application in the mail this year. Our APs expired on March 31 and we usually got out letters in early in the month. Has Disney stopped sending them out or did I miss a memo somewhere?

pinnie

I am wondering if we still get a DVC discount when we renew. At DLR the paltry $20 DVC discount is available for first purchase only, not renewals. They don't 'stack' the discounts.

So, I am wondering: if my WDW AP is up in May '08, and I'm not going back until Oct '08, would I be better off just buying a new AP in October, or is there a renewal discount WITH a DVC discount when DVC members renew their AP? Does anyone know the amount of the discounts? (I got the non-waterpark option AP)

I believe they give you 30 days after the AP expires to renew. The date remains the same though. I know that my AP expires the end of Nov but I always go to WDW in Dec so have to renew it then. And yes, there is still a discount, but it isn't as big as it is to get the AP in the first place. If you aren't going to be returning to WDW for a few months after the AP expires, I would just get a new one. Why pay for all that time you aren't going to be using it.

I just realized today that we never received our annual pass renewal letter/application in the mail this year. Our APs expired on March 31 and we usually got out letters in early in the month. Has Disney stopped sending them out or did I miss a memo somewhere?

pinnie
My DH just got his renewal letter a week or so ago. His AP expires in early May.

The AP renewal cost is less than the original AP, so if you are buying a new AP, you get $100 off the price, and if you are renewing, your cost will be $75 off the standard renewal price.

The AP renewal cost is less than the original AP, so if you are buying a new AP, you get $100 off the price, and if you are renewing, your cost will be $75 off the standard renewal price.

The DVC discount on an Adult AP renewal is $90, not $75. Not sure if this is a recent change or not, I seem to remember the discount initially only being $75 for renewals.

Allears has a chart of the AP and PAP prices including taxes: http://allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm Including tax, the DVC member price for an adult AP is $355.71 and the renewal price is $323.76. So the renewal is about $32 less than buying a new AP.

The DVC discount saves you a total of $106.50 on the AP and $95.85 on the renewal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter