AP gold pass

1disneychic

Mouseketeer
Currently the block out dates are listed as the weeks around Easter and Christmas. The block out dates are just shown up to January 2021. However the fine print indicates subject to change. We are thinking of purchasing these to use summer 2020 and then summer 2021 (a little earlier in the summer than previous year). Is it likely that Disney would add a summer block out period to these passes? I am trying to make sure that we could use them both summers before purchasing. Thanks for any information you can share.

I do not think that will happen. Especially when they have adjusted the 2021 point charts to make some of the summer months a little less!

If they were to somehow do that, you could also just upgrade your passes to Platinum passes if you ever needed to. I'm certainly hoping this isn't the case, though, as I am following your exact plan with our families AP purchases.

The DVC discounted AP's are created and sold by the Disney Parks company. The three DVC discounted AP's that exist mirror three Florida resident APs. The Gold pass is just one of the Florida APs also available to DVC members. Florida residents have other discounted tickets including a Silver pass, the next one in line after the Golf Pass. It is the Silver pass that adds summer months to block-out periods. Unless Disney decides it no longer wants to offer the Gold pass to Florida residents and only do the Silver pass, it is unlikely that anything will change for the Gold pass.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter