AP Holders: Should Disney "Stop the Clock" on passes until there is a Vaccine for COVID-19 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a post about Universal extending the APs and technically, they are supposed to be extended to cover the closure (just like WDW), but it seems guests are getting a couple of extra weeks in the extension. I wonder if Disney would also add a few weeks/months to provide some flexibility to guests.

After retiring I bought an AP with plans to go at least three times maybe four. First trip was mid November 2019. I had a May trip with DS planned. That got canceled so I rescheduled a FD trip for the end of September, the suckie part I had to pay for me to get a park tix to be used at a later date or to renew my AP. I had an early November trip planned but with the closure and AP extension we rescheduled this for late November. These were better dates for the people I am going with. Because it looks like my AP will now be expiring in February I can plan a January trip too.

Original plan - November trip/ May trip/November trip

Virus plan - November trip/September trip/November trip/ January trip

I think when I consider it, it is about an even exchange.

No, the fair thing is to stop the clock for the length of time the parks are closed. If the parks are open, making additional concessions because someone “doesn’t feel safe” would be too overgenerous IMO.
SDL is extending AP’s during their modified re-opening. I expect WDW will do the same.

I think when the capacity hits a certain limit thats when they should restart the clock. You could come up with reasons why APs should be extended for years, especially if theres no vaccine and people are adamant about not going until theres one. I think the fair extension would be when they move capacity up to 50% (which is around the daily average pre COVID).

But as I said in an earlier post, I think the options between the extension vs partial refund were just pre-guidelines. They will probably work on a case by case basis with people.

I think when the capacity hits a certain limit thats when they should restart the clock. You could come up with reasons why APs should be extended for years, especially if theres no vaccine and people are adamant about not going until theres one. I think the fair extension would be when they move capacity up to 50% (which is around the daily average pre COVID).

But as I said in an earlier post, I think the options between the extension vs partial refund were just pre-guidelines. They will probably work on a case by case basis with people.

I think so too. I’m not too concerned.

Worst case scenario I bought a very expensive passholder magicband slider lol 🤦🏻‍♀️.

I think so too. I’m not too concerned.

Worst case scenario I bought a very expensive passholder magicband slider lol 🤦🏻‍♀️.

Right now mine is extended into the first week of January, originally set to expire at the end of October. I dont typically go to Florida between the months of November-February and July-August. So unless the parks are closed through August (very doubtful) to get me an extra trip next March, I’m definitely going for the partial refund. But If Destination D is still taking place in November, I’m going to be tempted by the extension to go down for that, but I’ll probably just use the refund towards getting another pass and still go down in November for Destination D if it happens.

I’m pretty confident (somewhat confident?) that Disney isn’t going to be as gleeful about sticking to technicalities with passholders trying to look for resolution after all this is over as some people here want them to be.

Basically, until proven otherwise I’m going to believe they will work with us on an individual basis because we really all have the same goal, getting us back to Disney as much as possible.

I don’t know what the arguing is really about but it’s not serving a purpose. This thread isn’t really much of news or rumors anymore so we are just going to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter