AP online purchase, activation and events

roxiepenguin

Mouseketeer
I've been searching the Boards for a few days now and haven't found my exact situation/question, so here goes!

Looking at buying APs for a possible last-minute upcoming trip. (Last minute isn't odd for us; we live near Seattle but have made 2 trips totalling 24 days since last April and both trips were planned within 2 or 3 weeks of going.) We'd be going mid-June and are definitely doing AH again.

That being said, I'd like to purchase the AH tickets when booking the trip and would like to use AP discount. Is that even possible if the AP isn't activated yet since we wouldn't arrive until the 14th? :confused3

Thanks in advance!

Following along to see how to use the AP discount for DAH purchase if AP not active yet...

Hello,

yes you can purchase discounted DAH-tickets with a not active AP. Did it so myself this year: Bought AP in January, DAH-tickets in February and activated the AP with my visit in March.

Hello,

yes you can purchase discounted DAH-tickets with a not active AP. Did it so myself this year: Bought AP in January, DAH-tickets in February and activated the AP with my visit in March.
Thank you! This is good news. Did you call to purchase the DAH tix? Or, were you able to get the discount with an online purchase?
Hope it was fun!

I recently purchased APs and have not yet activated them. The APs are now linked to my MDE account, and I am able to access AP offers and prices. I just checked AH tickets and I can purchase them using the AP discount even though my APs aren’t activated yet. So if you buy the APs and link to your account you should be good to go. Hope that helps. Enjoy.

Thank you! This is good news. Did you call to purchase the DAH tix? Or, were you able to get the discount with an online purchase?
Hope it was fun!
No you didn't need to call for the discounted tickets. If your - not activated - AP is linked to your MDE-account, you could easy buy the discounted tickets online.

Just wanted to chime in to add my personal experience. I bought my AP yesterday and it immediately linked to my account (even though the pass isn't activated yet). I went right over and bought tickets for Disney After Hours and it linked up my AP discount. No fuss whatsoever! :)

Just FYI, if you are going in June and plan to stay on-site, you might try buying your APs first and then checking the AP room offers that are available for this summer. There seem to be some pretty good prices available, depending on your dates.

I’m new to the AP world (and not planning to go until next year), but I was impressed by these room discount offers. Wondering if the offers are especially good right now because Disney is trying to get people in pre-SWGE opening, or if similar type AP deals might be expected next year too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts