AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

When I called AP Line for Universal , the only option that was given, was a 3 month extension for the period of time that they were closed.

I went old school and wrote them a letter. I outlined my case because of age, safety and health. Out of state Passholders, preferred. I asked for a pause. It took about 4 weeks and they called me. They agreed with my situation and offered me this solution. They gave me a case number to reactivate our passes whenever we feel safe to return with no time limit. She said when I Feel safe to return I can activate them again. I Liked getting a personal call where the person had read my letter and researched my history and had a plan before talking to me. She even offered me free parking our first day back since our passes would be dead until we turn them back on.

Last edited:
I went old school and wrote them a letter. I outlined my case because of age, safety and health. Out of state Passholders, preferred. I asked for a pause. It took about 4 weeks and they called me. They agreed with my situation and offered me this solution. They gave me a case number to reactivate our passes whenever we feel safe to return with no time limit. She said when I Feel safe to return I can activate them again. I Liked getting a personal call where the person actread my letter and research my history and had a plan before talking to me. She even offered me free parking our first day back since our passes would be dead until we turn them back on.
How nice is that! Sometimes that letter gives the situation that personal touch and it is reviewed further to come up with an acceptable alternative.

I went old school and wrote them a letter. I outlined my case because of age, safety and health. Out of state Passholders, preferred. I asked for a pause. It took about 4 weeks and they called me. They agreed with my situation and offered me this solution. They gave me a case number to reactivate our passes whenever we feel safe to return with no time limit. She said when I Feel safe to return I can activate them again. I Liked getting a personal call where the person actread my letter and research my history and had a plan before talking to me. She even offered me free parking our first day back since our passes would be dead until we turn them back on.
Where did you send the letter to?

Wish they had offered that as an option. We had almost 8 months left. Would have loved to hit pause for a year.

have people gotten AP refunds back to the credit card? I haven't seen any check in the mail, but I hope if there was one it didn't get pitched as junk mail.

I'm very worried about this possibility and I've been carefully checking through each page of all the coupon mailers that I get all the time to make sure there isn't an envelope caught up between the pages. My AP was originally paid with a credit card that I've replaced since then, so I sent a separate email right after selecting the refund option letting them know up front not to try to return it via my CC, but I have had no communication back from them at all.

To be fair, I’m not sure their most loyal base includes all of us getting refunds on passes haha since we are all leaving

I felt much more loyal a few months ago than I do now. I live an hour and a half away from the parks and I was originally going to keep my pass even though I probably wouldn't go during its remaining time because my refund would be very close to the same as my renewal savings, so I figured that I would go ahead and keep it active. It was only through Disney's abysmal (lack of) communication around this issue and then the loss of trust from their incorrect charges of those on monthly payments (I'm not one, but several of my friends are, and one of those has continued to have further issues with them taking payments from her now even though she took the cancellation option). They have had plenty of time to make this right and to get a system into place that would allow us (or at least their customer service reps when we call them) to see what our pass status is and how much the refunds will be and how they'll be processed, etc. I've gone from "of course I'll keep my pass active - I've had it since the day after I moved to FL years ago and I plan to always have it" to wondering if I'll replace it at all in 2021 even once they're available again. They have lost the all confidence and benefit of the doubt I've always given them in the past.

We asked for the partial refund in June, the same day the 117 day extension showed up on our passes. We paid for renewals with gift cards. The check just came with this “stub”:

No other explanation or paperwork. We did not want or ask for ask for the full cancellation, so I am assuming this is for the closure period only. Our passes still show valid with the extension included. Our expiration should be early December, but right now shows early May.

Out of curiosity, was the envelope obvious that it was from Disney or was it plain? I'm just worried about missing mine when it finally shows up.

snipped

Out of curiosity, was the envelope obvious that it was from Disney or was it plain? I'm just worried about missing mine when it finally shows up.

It says 'Disney Worldwide Services, Inc' plus address in Buena Vista in the upper left corner, plus a Mickey Mouse symbol.

If you have signed up for usps 'Informed Delivery' that is what alerted me to watch out for it. It's like a rebate check where you tear away the sides and bottom and it folds open.

This kind of mailer could easily get tangled in trash mail as similar mailers are often inserted in trash mail.

I suggest signing up for Informed Delivery.

i got this refund. It something like a trio-folded rebate, where you rip off the sides and open. No envelope

My 15 year old granddaughter was the last one to get one. The check came 7 weeks after the rest of the family got theirs refunded to credit card. i used a combo credit card and gift card to buy hers. So they sent a check. Not sure why.

Well great. Lack of transparency or communication from Disney once again means people are going to slam their phone lines trying to find the status of these things. Just astonishingly abysmal technology. Why they didn’t create a website to host this information is beyond me. Think how many man hours goes into website creation versus manning phone lines.

Totally disagree. I would wager 99% of folks cancelling are coming back as soon as travel restrictions, etc are lifted. That being said, I still think they’re coming back even though WDW continues to botch what is actually a very generous refund policy.
I’m sure that’s true! I was just making a light joke about how the *most* loyal are those with passes that aren’t canceling.

@n2mm hi I just wanted to let you know that your gds name is still very visible under the highlight so that you can remove or edit it if you’d like. Don’t want you to accidentally have personal info out there if you don’t want it.

All I know is I cx’ed 4 passes in April. They disappeared in my account in April and I still have zero money back. I literally email them every week forcthe past month and I get zero useful words back. So don’t go by tickets disappearing that ur money is coming. I am so done with this. If I don’t have my money by October first I’m calling my visa to see what they can do. I don’t care what anyone says. This is all nutty. It is not difficult to do a refund regardless of the amount that need to be done.

Florida Silver AP here, I just got refunded today to my original debit card. I was on the monthly plan and got back almost all I had paid.
I decided not renew back in December and wait till May for my next visits.
When I was sure they were going to shut down I decided to take a quick trip the week before they closed. I paid the down payment and first month ..$159 plus $34.59 and then another payment was taken out a month later $34.59.
So I had a total of $228.18 invested and received a refund of $205.55 today.
I got more than a fair deal..3 days at the parks for $22.63 or 11 days.
I also got to ride both ROTR and MMRR :)

Just to add..when I called to cancel I was told I would get nothing back by a IT CM I spoke with on the weekend...so I wasn't expecting anything back...

@n2mm hi I just wanted to let you know that your gds name is still very visible under the highlight so that you can remove or edit it if you’d like. Don’t want you to accidentally have personal info out there if you don’t want it.

thanks, I deleted it.

Platinum out of state purchased through Disney - canceled through the email link sent in July. Pass dropped off MDE a few weeks ago, but no refund as of yet. I still have the credit card to which it was originally charged, so here's hoping to see something in the next few weeks!

Last edited:
has anyone received their refunds who initially purchased their APs through Sam's Club? Curious if that's our delay or if we fell through the cracks.TIA.

Florida Silver AP here, I just got refunded today to my original debit card. I was on the monthly plan and got back almost all I had paid.
I decided not renew back in December and wait till May for my next visits.
When I was sure they were going to shut down I decided to take a quick trip the week before they closed. I paid the down payment and first month ..$159 plus $34.59 and then another payment was taken out a month later $34.59.
So I had a total of $228.18 invested and received a refund of $205.55 today.
I got more than a fair deal..3 days at the parks for $22.63 or 11 days.
I also got to ride both ROTR and MMRR :)

Just to add..when I called to cancel I was told I would get nothing back by a IT CM I spoke with on the weekend...so I wasn't expecting anything back...
Thanks for the info. I just checked and both of the monthly payment Silver APs I cancelled received refunds on Friday.

Another mail day, another day of nothing from Disney.
(platinum out of state, requested refund via the link in July)

Canceled ours in July. Two gold passes that were just renewed in Feb 2020, less than a month before the shut down.

Still nothing - no refund. No update. But the passes did drop off of MDE about 2 weeks ago.

My guess? Fiscal year 2020 ends at the end of September. Maybe they’re waiting to push some of this to fiscal year 2021? Spread out the damages?
For the one AP that was unused after renewing it last Dec, was told if we don’t receive a check (used disney GC) by mid October to call them back.

Already received refund on CC for the shut down period request i made back in May for another AP

Nothing yet on my DHs.

Mine would’ve expired in August, I needed the extension to cover our Nov/Dec. trip

Wasn’t planning on renewing our two since no trips planned until next July. Surely, they will be selling new APHs by then. I expect to see them rolled out in the last quarter of the year. Winter is coming:duck: they could sorely use a cash infusion to cover that Traditionally slower period.

I went old school and wrote them a letter. I outlined my case because of age, safety and health. Out of state Passholders, preferred. I asked for a pause. It took about 4 weeks and they called me. They agreed with my situation and offered me this solution. They gave me a case number to reactivate our passes whenever we feel safe to return with no time limit. She said when I Feel safe to return I can activate them again. I Liked getting a personal call where the person had read my letter and researched my history and had a plan before talking to me. She even offered me free parking our first day back since our passes would be dead until we turn them back on.
Wish I had done that. Never even occurred to me to ask! Good for you! Called to get a refund in early August. Pass disappeared from MDE a couple of weeks ago, but no refund yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!