AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Interesting..... I’ve tried the chat to ask about my refunds twice and was told I’d have to call and they don’t have any info.

Called and was also told no real info, just “processing”..... still.......

Same here. Chat wouldn't help. I guess I will have to call. Another 8-12 weeks when I canceled in July is crazy.

$1298 for 2 passes
So you paid 1298 for 2 passes expiring Sept 2020 and got back 1182? I paid 1845 for 2 passes expiring Sept 29, 2020 and got back 1026 :confused: I think mine is right but I think someone miscalculated yours.

Last edited:
On the phone now. They said since I can still see my passes in MDE there is no refund in process. They do have a record that we requested to cancel our passes. Waiting on hold for another team to take a look.

Can people do anything since the original email (and only email) promised payments by sept/oct? I understand the layoffs are impacting the team, but the only promise i have in writing is sept/oct. Is there anyone that listens? Do they plan to have some level of communication to explain the delay?

Called April 22 to request a refund for the days closed.

Called again in July, and submitted the cancellation form July 20. Received email confirmation of cancellation request.

Finally called again October 20, and was advised that refund processed, check issued and on the way. They couldn’t give me an estimate of how long it would take to receive the check as I am in Canada, but I am hoping it comes soon! 🤞

Platinum AP (out of state)
Activation date: November 10, 2019
Expiration date: November 9, 2020
Paid: $1119 USD
Refund: $396.16

Last edited:
Called April 22 to request a refund for the days closed.

Called again in July, and submitted the cancellation form July 20. Received email confirmation of cancellation request.

Finally called again October 20, and was advised that refund processed, check issued and on the way. They couldn’t give me an estimate of how long it would take to receive the check as I am in Canada, but I am hoping it comes soon! 🤞

Platinum AP (out of state)
Activation date: November 10, 2019
Expiration date: November 9, 2020
Paid: $1119 USD
Refund: $396.16

Boy that doesn’t seem like the right amount, does it? You only had an active pass for 4 out of 12 months & they are refunding less than 40%. Did you already receive anything for the shut down months?

I went online to renew our recently expired APs and was only able to extend 3 of 4. My DD had an earlier exp date which I missed by 11 days (totally my fault for not checking the dates). I called hoping to renew or purchase a new pass over the phone. Very sweet CM explained that someone would call back in a minimum of 48 hours (but could be much longer) about purchasing a new pass in full. CM also said that we could go to Guest Services at Disney Springs to get the monthly payment option.

Am wondering if anyone has tried and had success at Disney Springs? I'm a few hours away but might make the drive to get it taken care of quicker. TIA

focusondisney:
I did use the pass for a week in November 2019 and the first week of March 2020, getting home just before everything shut down and borders closed. Not sure what the calculations are but happy to have anything back in my pocket :)

I understand. We renewed our pass Dec 6th for $650 each & used it for 8 days. . I got about $340 each for the partial closure period already. I didn’t request the full refund even tho I knew we might not use it again before it expires. Paying $300 for 8 days of park hopping plus the AP discounts wasn’t bad at all. I plan to renew again (with the renewal discount) in December. Hopefully we’ll get more trips in next year.

So you paid 1298 for 2 passes expiring Sept 2020 and got back 1182? I paid 1845 for 2 passes expiring Sept 29, 2020 and got back 1026 :confused: I think mine is right but I think someone miscalculated yours.

We got back $1182 for 2 gold passes that started on Nov 30th 2019. I don't remember what we paid exactly but they were right after the big price jump so with tax 7 hundred something per pass.

focusondisney:
I did use the pass for a week in November 2019 and the first week of March 2020, getting home just before everything shut down and borders closed. Not sure what the calculations are but happy to have anything back in my pocket :)

You have a great attitude about this and got a good deal having used the passes for 2 trips. I was able to use my pass for three trips, paid a total of $675 for the pass (DVC) upgraded parkhopper that was $400 plus the upgrade money, and got back $229.06 for the closure period.

When the email came for the choice off getting the remainder of my pass refunded, I requested the refund as I had canceled my trips coming up. I also activated in November 2019 and had an expiry of Nov 6, 2020.

I am expecting another couple of hundred, based on the calculation that Disney has laid out.

So, I'm with @focusondisney that your refund is short. I'm also happy to have anything in my pocket and won't be too put out if it takes until Xmas to get the rest. Not put out enough to call, but if I don't get the remainder of the pass money, I'll drop into the Guest Relations office next year.

I was trying to find a list of blackout dates for the Florida Resident Silver Pass and I can't seem to find it. Are there currently no blockout dates? My bf has a silver pass while I have a Platinum so I usually make sure to plan things outside when he can attend. If I recall it was usually spring break, Christmas week and a chunk of the summer that was blocked out, but I can't find that info on their website right now. Does anyone have a calendar with these dates?

Thanks!

Just checked my MDE and my annual pass is now gone, hope that means my refund is on its way😄

My 1st call was Oct 8, after 3 more calls, now they say callback could be Oct 23-27. This is to buy AP that was cancelled and use a 10 day ticket for partial payment. Hope to get this done before I arrive next month.
Got the call yesterday. Refunded my 10 day tkt and charged me the AP. My AP starts when I arrive in Dec. The AP cost was $1272.68 for Platinum adult( I think, parks only).

Last edited:
Reactions: CJK
I was trying to find a list of blackout dates for the Florida Resident Silver Pass and I can't seem to find it. Are there currently no blockout dates? My bf has a silver pass while I have a Platinum so I usually make sure to plan things outside when he can attend. If I recall it was usually spring break, Christmas week and a chunk of the summer that was blocked out, but I can't find that info on their website right now. Does anyone have a calendar with these dates?

Thanks!
On MDE go to Ticket & Passes, there is a link to blackout dates there.

Called yesterday to check on our refund. We called to cancel on 8/5. Waited about 20 minutes for CM, who wasn't able to help me. All I wanted to know was if they had me and DH in the queue to be refunded. Got transferred to another CM and waited another 20 minutes. This CM said that she could see us both in the queue and that they were working on those who cancelled in early August now.

She said that some credit card companies seem to be rejecting the larger credits (didn't say what larger meant). When that happens, they have to issue a check and that delays the process for those individuals again. I don't know why the credit card companies would reject a credit, but maybe it's some kind of fraud protection thing.

Anyway, I am OK with waiting. Fortunately, we do not need the money anytime soon and have no future trips scheduled right now. I am just relieved that we didn't fall through the cracks since our passes disappeared from MDE in mid-September. Curiously, the park passes associated with those APS and a cancelled January 2021 trip are still showing in MDE. :confused3:confused3

Hope all of you still waiting get your checks or cc credit soon.

Got added to the "Please consider me for buying a new AP" list. Scheduled trips January and March 2020. Even if those trips don't pan out the AP vouchers can sit on our MDE until we need them and they will allow us to make park reservations.

I'm confused....your refund was posted to a new card (because the orig. was stolen)? The reason I ask is this happened to us, as well, but I just assumed we'd receive our refund via a check...because the new CC # isn't associated with the orig. order.
Correct, but it was the same card company. I had actually called them a few weeks earlier when I realized my payment was still being sent to the old card #. They said for credits to the account, the card numbers are all tied together. You just need the new number for any charges.

I have cancellation email confirmations for all 4 of our passes and chat the other night said that ours haven’t been out through for a refund. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Got the call yesterday. Refunded my 10 day tkt and charged me the AP. My AP starts when I arrive in Dec. The AP cost was $1272.68 for Platinum adult( I think, parks only).
Thanks for the update. Do we know yet what Platinum Annual Pass perks there will be? We always loved the Park Hopper and Photo Pass benefits...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!