AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

The email with the cancellation link went out on July 14 (give or take a day). Some people cancelled through the link in the email. Some people cancelled by phone after they received or heard about the July email.

Other people called to cancel much earlier than that.

I, personally, am interested in hearing when people receive a refund if they cancelled through the July email or by phone after the July email came out.

So when people post that they received a refund, I appreciate it when they include the time that they requested that refund.
Ok? Not sure you understood my post that you are replying to since we are in agreement...

Out of state Gold AP. I requested complete cancellation for entire family before it was an option. Then I requested cancellation in response to mass email. We received the partial refund already. AP’s were showing in MDE App yesterday, gone today. No refund to credit card yet.

I am using your reply to provide a more detailed situation update.

Thanks to some comments made here, I went back and checked the web and App.

In my case, neither is showing my AP.

I should have checked both before I posted earlier.

Glad some of you raised the issue of web/app discrepancies.
Today I checked and our Plat AP's are now gone from the app and website. Hoping we see a refund check soon for cancelling. We already received our refund for the 117 day closure period.

I had two APs activated in mid January 2020. Called to cancel completely in May, even though it was not an option yet. Called again in June. Never received email, but called again after the emails went out and it was noted again. APs have disappeared from MDE but have not received anything back yet, even for the partial closure period 117 days.

So an update after a 2.5 hour call:

Disney said that my pass got canceled in the wave of cancellations and there is no way for them to fix it.
So My pass that should be expiring April 2021 is cancelled and can not be reinstated and I also can not purchase a new pass right now and that they will just refund me money for the pass but they can not tell me how much money they will refund me for the cancelled pass.

I had 2 on-site trips scheduled for later this year and now I don't know what to do because I will NOT buy day tickets. I have given Disney every single one of my vacation dollars over the last 10 years. I am so disheartened and so upset. I know it seems frivolous and silly and I should just be ok with the refund but I am not. I want Disney to make this right. All I want is my darn AP reinstated.

Came back to gived an update on this...

At about 8pm last night I received a callback from a supervisor and Disney corrected this. They could not reinstate my AP that I had, so they gave me a comp AP (it says Disney Platinum Plus) and extended the expiration to May 2021, I will still get the refund, and I also get to keep the 3 day comp ticket the castmember gave me on my original call.
I was really upset yesterday but I did try to stay calm and I didn't take it out on the castmember and I'm glad I did because in the end Disney rectified the issue and did more than I expected. All I asked for was my pass to be reinstated.

Has anyone opted for a refund, but MDE still showing AP Extension even AFTER their original expiration and AFTER getting money back??

This is the case for me and my family.

Has anyone opted for a refund, but MDE still showing AP Extension even AFTER their original expiration and AFTER getting money back??

This is our situation as well, we opted for a refund for closure period, got that $$ over a month ago. We did not opt to cancel. Our passes were extended by the closure period, and then the additional month. They were originally set to expire Oct 12, so I expect they should be extended to Nov 11/12, but they currently expire March 8. I just keep checking for the adjusted expiration but so far, nothing.

This is our situation as well, we opted for a refund for closure period, got that $$ over a month ago. We did not opt to cancel. Our passes were extended by the closure period, and then the additional month. They were originally set to expire Oct 12, so I expect they should be extended to Nov 11/12, but they currently expire March 8. I just keep checking for the adjusted expiration but so far, nothing.

Yes our passes show expiring now in MDE 4 months after the original date. Could that be correct? If so I need to be booking some lodging. I just do not see it happening however. That would mean Disney is giving us a refund + a 4 month extension of our original APs.

Yes. Our passes still show in MDE with the extension even though we are well past our original expiration date AND we've received our refund. We opted to cancel our platinum passes (out of state, paid in full).

Yes our passes show expiring now in MDE 4 months after the original date. Could that be correct? If so I need to be booking some lodging. I just do not see it happening however. That would mean Disney is giving us a refund + a 4 month extension of our original APs.

I assume they will eventually get around to fixing the date, but it’s weird that it hasn’t been updated yet. I have a trip booked for end of March so we want to renew the APs soon (assuming the correct expiration is Nov 11/12).

Yes. Our passes still show in MDE with the extension even though we are well past our original expiration date AND we've received our refund. We opted to cancel our platinum passes (out of state, paid in full).

So if you showed up tomorrow, (assuming you had a park pass), and tried to enter the park - Do you think the system would allow you in?

I assume they will eventually get around to fixing the date, but it’s weird that it hasn’t been updated yet. I have a trip booked for end of March so we want to renew the APs soon (assuming the correct expiration is Nov 11/12).

Yeah maybe they eventually do. My question is if my family went down this weekend, since MDE shows our tickets as extended. Would they allow us in the park? (assuming we had park passes). CM rep we spoke with on the phone could not confirm or deny the extension was valid, so basically not helpful.

So if you showed up tomorrow, (assuming you had a park pass), and tried to enter the park - Do you think the system would allow you in?

Ours is still showing active even though we cancelled. I could see the scenario that we scan in and voila'......no more refund. And yes, I could drive over tonight or any day to try it, but not going to.

Do you work in Disney’s Billing Dept? It seems you have firsthand knowledge of the process and handle refunds personally.

Are removals processed in alphabetical order? Why have APs disappeared with no refund for some, yet others have APs appearing with full refunds?
No I don’t, that’s what I simply assume

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!