AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

as many of us have now at least have gotten some movement, please post once you receive a refund. While originally they said refunds go back to the original form of payment, that doesn’t seem to be true if you used multiple payments. I had 2 where I used both a gift card and credit card and both of those refunds came by check. For those APs that were purchased in one payment by debit card or credit card, those we got back within days of processing. So if you get payment by mail/check, add 6-8 weeks more to your wait. That has been both mine and my daughter’s family firsthand experience so far. Between our families we got 3 refunds directly back into our bank or credit card accounts, 2 refunds by mail=check (which arrived about 6-7 weeks after the deposited refunds) and now still waiting on a now expired AP (Which was extended twice) refund and an unused renewal certificate refund. So now we wait. I started my quest for refunds on April 28, 2020. I just want some closure at this point As many of us do.

So an update after a 2.5 hour call:

Disney said that my pass got canceled in the wave of cancellations and there is no way for them to fix it.
So My pass that should be expiring April 2021 is cancelled and can not be reinstated and I also can not purchase a new pass right now and that they will just refund me money for the pass but they can not tell me how much money they will refund me for the cancelled pass.

I had 2 on-site trips scheduled for later this year and now I don't know what to do because I will NOT buy day tickets. I have given Disney every single one of my vacation dollars over the last 10 years. I am so disheartened and so upset. I know it seems frivolous and silly and I should just be ok with the refund but I am not. I want Disney to make this right. All I want is my darn AP reinstated.
I had a somewhat similar situation.... emailed and called to "fix" it and re-instate my pass. Was told the same thing. ..... Can't re-instate. Then they gave me a file # so that when APs are available again I can purchase at the renewal price. BUT.... they have no idea when that will be!! They also comped me a 5 day pass to cover the trip I had planned. BUT.... what about my discounts etc that I would have gotten with my AP?? So I am emailing them again to get an answer on that! Can I use my AP pass still to get the discounts? I don't know!

Call again..... they should at least comp you passes to cover the trip already planned!

This whole thing has been a mess!!!

I had a somewhat similar situation.... emailed and called to "fix" it and re-instate my pass. Was told the same thing. ..... Can't re-instate. Then they gave me a file # so that when APs are available again I can purchase at the renewal price. BUT.... they have no idea when that will be!! They also comped me a 5 day pass to cover the trip I had planned. BUT.... what about my discounts etc that I would have gotten with my AP?? So I am emailing them again to get an answer on that! Can I use my AP pass still to get the discounts? I don't know!
If you have the yellow ap card/ ticket, you can show that for discounts, they don't scan it

Curious if anyone else has been in my same situation. Had APs for me and my daughter that expired in the middle of closure in April. Called to request my file be noted for the partial refund as we would never make it back down before they expired. I haven’t heard a word from Disney since and never received the email to select an option. Wondering if I should be calling to follow up or just be patient at this point? Appreciate any help

Came back to gived an update on this...

At about 8pm last night I received a callback from a supervisor and Disney corrected this. They could not reinstate my AP that I had, so they gave me a comp AP (it says Disney Platinum Plus) and extended the expiration to May 2021, I will still get the refund, and I also get to keep the 3 day comp ticket the castmember gave me on my original call.
I was really upset yesterday but I did try to stay calm and I didn't take it out on the castmember and I'm glad I did because in the end Disney rectified the issue and did more than I expected. All I asked for was my pass to be reinstated.

And yet ANOTHER update:

I woke up this morning to a monthly payment plan charge coming out of my account. Smh.

Curious if anyone else has been in my same situation. Had APs for me and my daughter that expired in the middle of closure in April. Called to request my file be noted for the partial refund as we would never make it back down before they expired. I haven’t heard a word from Disney since and never received the email to select an option. Wondering if I should be calling to follow up or just be patient at this point? Appreciate any help

my husband’s ap expired April 28. That’s the day I called. His ap showed on his account and has been extended several times. It’s finally gone. i have called 2 additional times and confirmed that it’s marked for a refund. I’m still waiting for that refund. We’ve gotten all the other refunds. His is the only one we’re waiting for,

I would call. I have spent over 3 hours with 2 separate calls, very long story, EXTREMELY frustrated and angry with our second very long call yesterday. You should have received the 1st refund from date of closure in March till date of re opening or when you AP expired whichever was shorter. I would call the AP line first thing when it opens, I believe that is at 8AM. IF an AP chose to cancel the AP, then the second round of refunds from date of reopening in July through when the AP expired, are supposed to be issued to original form of payment if card is still valid from mid Sept through end of Sept. The AP CM said that they have been completely overwhelmed and for awhile in the beginning, the processing of refunds was done manually! :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
We also had separate Water Park Annual Passes. I asked the status of those yesterday and as of yesterday, the AP CM said it hasn't been decided yet. When I called way back several months ago, the CM took our information on both our AP Silver Passes and our AP Water Pass and said both would have refunds processed..... Very frustrating! :scratchin :eek:

Call again..... they should at least comp you passes to cover the trip already planned!

It has been a debacle and I expressed my anger and disappointment yesterday on our second call that we are fed up!
We had a similar situation in that ONE of our AP silver passes(we purchased both DH and mine) at the same time, on the same form of payment, in the same transaction is now cancelled and one has been extended INCORRECTLY 4 months, even though we received checks for refund during the park closure. We had a short DVC trip planned., was going to walk around Epcot and MK to see the Xmas decorations and view some holiday decorations at the resorts. I believe that the system totally screwed up and cancelled my pass. Again, our intent was to receive a partial refund for the time the parks were closed and then be able to use them until end of Nov when our Silver AP expired. Very disappointed and angered with Disney technology and ability to handle this correctly. As you can see, the technology is the culprit as my DH should not have had his pass extended as we BOTH received refunds(about 3 weeks apart I may add??)..
SO, DH was not going to use his AP by himself, so since mine could not be reinstated, we had no choice to cancel his Silver AP.
So I immediately cancelled our DVC reservation in Dec and will take our money spend on restaurants elsewhere!
Really annoyed! Told the CM, that I hope that the line is being recorded..."Disney IT is lacking and has dropped the ball on this..there are plenty of IT professionals who are dying to be employed..Disney should hire some competent IT professionals and start refunding your most loyal customer base expeditiously and correctly" ::yes:: :( Should it really take an AP holder, to report that one of the AP passes was incorrectly extended by 4 months? When we called the AP line the first time, I have the exact date and time written down of the first call, we come to find out that the AP CM incorrectly stated that both of our AP Silver Pass will be extended by a month! Another blunder...one was extended by 4 months and one was cancelled totally! :(

Last edited:
So after reading through a few of these threads, others have indicated that there was supposed to be a one month extension.
Thats what I was told when I called in August(I actually had the date and time of the conversation, was hoping that my call with the original CM could be reviewed), and now the CM yesterday said that she apologized for the incorrect information that the first CM in August gave me. Subsequently, one of our passes was cancelled AFTER I made a DVC reservation during the period of the one month extension, other was incorrectly extended to March. Cannot fathom the fact that the technology involved in handling these transactions was so inept! :eek:

Chatted with a CM today online as the passholder line kept going to a loud beep ton after entering my info.
I had cancelled my pass by mistake In August. At that time, my husband called and chatted with a CM and they undid mine and made a note to not cancel his (we have seperate MDEs). Both our APs vanished from MDE last week. I panic-bought tickets for us (trip in 3 weeks).

CM I talked to today could find no record of my cancellation on my account: "I apologize for this challenge. My team sees no notes about a request for cancellation but we are seeing the passes are cancelled. Right now, there is no mention of being able to renew with a discount once Annual Passes are available again for purchase. " I am fine if they can't reverse the refund but I want to purchase an AP NOW- or at least when I can purchase them later, do so at the renewal rate! We will be there in 3 weeks so I am panicking.

He just told me to call the line I have been trying all morning and getting the loud beep :(

Just had a great chat with a CM, connected instantly at around 8:10am, and after about 30 minutes she could confirm my request for full cancellation of two passes, showed that my passes had been removed to process the refund and that I should see it within 7-10 business days and verified the account they should go to.

Most I can ask for at this point I guess.

Chatted with a CM today online as the passholder line kept going to a loud beep ton after entering my info.
I had cancelled my pass by mistake In August. At that time, my husband called and chatted with a CM and they undid mine and made a note to not cancel his (we have seperate MDEs). Both our APs vanished from MDE last week. I panic-bought tickets for us (trip in 3 weeks).

CM I talked to today could find no record of my cancellation on my account: "I apologize for this challenge. My team sees no notes about a request for cancellation but we are seeing the passes are cancelled. Right now, there is no mention of being able to renew with a discount once Annual Passes are available again for purchase. " I am fine if they can't reverse the refund but I want to purchase an AP NOW- or at least when I can purchase them later, do so at the renewal rate! We will be there in 3 weeks so I am panicking.

He just told me to call the line I have been trying all morning and getting the loud beep :(
Finally got ahold of a CM and after an hour on hold it was escalated and I was told there is noting they can do. Can't reactivate them. Can't buy new passes. Really feeling the AP love. I guess after this October trip we are done for a while. No renewal discount.

Last edited:
All my Ap's are gone from both MDE and the App (we cancelled before the deadline). It makes me pretty sad and we have a trip booked May 2021 and now we have no passes or tickets. The refund won't come close to replacing what we lost.

Finally got ahold of a CM and after an hour on hold it was escalated and I was told there is noting they can do. Can't reactivate them. Can't buy new passes. Really feeling the AP love. I guess after this October trip we are done for a while. No renewal discount.

Did you try this:

Just a reminder for everyone frustrated, you can reach out through email and sometimes you get a higher up actually calling you and giving you more precise information
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com
make sure to leave a phone number for them to call if that's what you want, you usually get a call within 4 to 7 days

Maybe there's nothing that the person you spoke to can do, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's nothing that anyone in the company can do to help you. I would think it would be worth your time to send an email.

Did you try this:

Maybe there's nothing that the person you spoke to can do, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's nothing that anyone in the company can do to help you. I would think it would be worth your time to send an email.
I will definitely try!

So, SEVERAL AP loyal base are "feeling the love"...
First time in 12 years since our DVC membership, that we are really angry!
We live in an area with lots of Disney CM's and many residents are Disney fans and AP..
Many are disenchanted and won't be getting AP's for awhile.
Disney IT should be a "well oiled machine"..Many want to work for Disney, should be easy to recruit, hire, and retain the best and brightest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts