AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Finally got ahold of a CM and after an hour on hold it was escalated and I was told there is noting they can do. Can't reactivate them. Can't buy new passes. Really feeling the AP love. I guess after this October trip we are done for a while. No renewal discount.
Don’t give up; keep e mailing. I must have sent at least 20 polite e mails pleading my case and eventually they sent me a code for an AP renewal discount for use when I am ready to renew. I also have a trip planned for October and I am hoping they will let me use the renewal code to buy APs. Good luck.
This is the e mail address that the renewal code was sent from. passholder@disneyworld.com

Last edited:
Don’t give up; keep e mailing. I must have sent at least 20 polite e mails pleading my case and eventually they sent me a code for an AP renewal discount for use when I am ready to renew. I also have a trip planned for October and I am hoping they will let me use the renewal code to buy APs. Good luck.
This is the e mail address that the renewal code was sent from. passholder@disneyworld.com
Thank you! I will try this email too. I appreciate it!

We also had separate Water Park Annual Passes. I asked the status of those yesterday and as of yesterday, the AP CM said it hasn't been decided yet. When I called way back several months ago, the CM took our information on both our AP Silver Passes and our AP Water Pass and said both would have refunds processed..... Very frustrating! :scratchin :eek:

Thanks for the update. I had exactly the same experience when I cancelled - Except gold passes and water park passes. As of today, gold passes are gone from MDE but water park passes are still there.

Can you please share your experiences with getting any Comp tickets and/or AP renewal discount codes or any extensions? I was told they couldn't/wouldn't do anything for us with our AP's and our trip scheduled for May 2021. We had tried to move our May 2020 (to June, Aug. and September) and finally had to just push it out for the year.

Hi. On June 3, DH and I both requested partial refunds for our DVC Gold Annual Passes via Live Chat. We are out of state and our passes expired on May 30, 2020 during the closure. Last week I was able to do a Live Chat again to find out the status of our refunds and was told the request was made. He said "refunds to original forms of payment can be expected in mid to late September, if original form of payment is not available we should expect a check by mid to late October". We paid with Disney Gift Cards. I honestly thought we would have received our refunds a lot earlier since this request was for the partial refund. Is anyone else having the same issues?

It’s not a matter of time before you get it, it’s literally them starting the process of giving those refunds which they have not done yet.

not true. i know people who have received their funds back. one via a check as they paid cash and the other 2 back to their credit card. these were full refunds for cancellation.

is there a calculation formula some place on AP refund amounts?
I activated mine about the 2nd week of Jan, in theory, I had about 3 months before the shutdown.
I think then I should be eligible for about 75% back.

platinum aps will have their water park portion partially refunded

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/parks/

While Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park remain closed at this time, pending government approvals, we currently plan to reopen one of the two Disney water parks on March 7, 2021.
Like the other areas of Walt Disney World Resort, we will welcome back Guests and Cast Members to our water parks in a responsible way, with a plan focused on health and well-being. We will provide more details on our phased reopening plan, including a decision on the specific water park that will be reopening first, at a later time. This reopening date may change and if it does, we will let Guests know what to expect in a future update.
We realize that some Guests with existing tickets and some Annual Passholders are impacted by this update. We are offering options to Guests with an existing Premier Passport, Platinum Plus Pass, Water Parks Annual Pass, Water Parks After 2 Annual Pass or tickets that include the Park Hopper Plus Option or Water Park & Sports Option.
Ticket Add-Ons
If you have a ticket that includes the Park Hopper Plus Option or Water Park & Sports Option, we are offering options including:
  • Ticket Modification: Tickets, as well as Disney Resort hotel packages with tickets, may be modified. To discuss your options, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639, or contact your travel professional.
  • Ticket Cancellation: If you do not want to use your ticket, you also have the option of cancelling your ticket or package. To discuss your options, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 566-4985, or contact your travel professional.
  • Ticket Usage: You may use your current date-based ticket with the existing add-on options at other experiences available during your visit.
At this time, Guests can purchase new tickets that include the Park Hopper Plus Option or Water Park & Sports Option for admission March 7 and later. We will resume sales of Water Parks Annual Passes and 1-Day Water Park Tickets at a later date.
Water Park Tickets
We will automatically extend unused, unexpired 1-Day Disney Water Park tickets through December 31, 2021. As an alternative, Guests may instead choose to cancel their ticket. To choose this option, please call (407) 939-2732. If you are unable to visit by December 31, 2021, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date.
Water Park Annual Passes
Water Parks and Water Parks After 2 Annual Passes will be automatically extended for the period in which both water parks were closed. As an alternative, water park Passholders may instead choose to cancel their pass. To choose this option, please call (407) 939-2732.
Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Passholders
We will automatically be issuing our Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Passholders with water park access a partial refund. Find out more information on how this refund is calculated.
We will continue to monitor the constantly changing environment and its impact on the state of Florida as we find the right time to welcome back even more of our Guests and Cast Members.

Very HAPPY to hear that AP WPark passes will either be given choice if refund or extension of time from when they shut down due to Covid till when both Water Parks open minimally March of 21 I was told.
Received a phone call today from AP CM asking us I what our choice is.😊 We took the refund option and the CM said that one can expect the WP refund to be credited to original form of payment by end of October..if form of payment is expired, then a check will be issued which will take longer.

It is unfortunate that Disney can't send out a notification once a credit or refund/partial refund is issued. Although, if I received a message that "the check is in the mail," I might start the clock ticking. 😀 There have just been so many unknowns in all of this.

Last edited:
Very HAPPY to hear that AP WPark passes will either be given choice if refund or extension of time from when they shut down due to Covid till when both Water Parks open minimally March of 21 I was told.
Received a phone call today from AP CM asking us I what our choice is.😊 We took the refund option and the CM said that one can expect the WP refund to be credited to original form of payment by end of October..if form of payment is expired, then a check will be issued which will take longer.

Wow, THEY called YOU??? That's wild (and great for you!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts