AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Now Sept 20th, still no refund. I requested full refund early Aug. My DD requested partial refund in June and we got refunds at least a month ago.

Anyone seeing full refunds come in, in the last week? I mean on used APs, not vouchers.

For two paid-in-full platinum passes - received the partial refund for the closure period for both via two separate checks in the mail about a month ago, passes disappeared from MDE recently, still waiting for the remainder of the refund.

We have 3 platinum annual passes. Have not received the initial partial refund or the full refund. Partial requested in June and full in August. Emailed last week asking for an update and was told it was “in process” 😂
Disney is really treating their most loyal base terribly.... IMO.

Still waiting here for DSis’ platinum pass to be removed. Though I did get a refund back in late July/early August.

I do wonder if our trip from aug 8-14 has something to do with it, because her gold pass was activated with ours, but it still shows an expiry date of 12/31/30... so much for trying to put us all on the same pass rotation.

Still waiting on a partial refund for closed days and full refund on a renewal voucher. Both for my husband. Processed started April 28, 2020.

Somewhat interesting - I requested a refund for two 7-day timed tickets with date during the closure period and received a refund on my credit card the next day.

It's kind of crazy how long we have to wait especially with zero communication on the amount of the refund and the method we will receive the refund. I upgraded regular tickets into 2 gold passes with a combination of gift cards and a credit card so it would be nice to know what type of refund to look out for. I'm getting nervous now that maybe I received a check in the mail that I accidentally threw away assuming it was junk mail.

We have 3 platinum annual passes. Have not received the initial partial refund or the full refund. Partial requested in June and full in August. Emailed last week asking for an update and was told it was “in process” 😂
Disney is really treating their most loyal base terribly.... IMO.
To be fair, I’m not sure their most loyal base includes all of us getting refunds on passes haha since we are all leaving

but yes, it’s quite the cluster

To be fair, I’m not sure their most loyal base includes all of us getting refunds on passes haha since we are all leaving

I don’t know. I requested the refund because during the pandemic there is no way possible to visit for us, even though we’re DVC members with a points to use. There was no sense in keeping a pass with zero intention to use. Before this, I’ve held an out if state AP for 25 years. I’ll be an AP holder again one day. At universal studios they let me put a pause on my AP and when I’m able to return I just reactivate it and have 8 months left on it. A much better way for us.

When I called AP Line for Universal , the only option that was given, was a 3 month extension for the period of time that they were closed.

Totally disagree. I would wager 99% of folks cancelling are coming back as soon as travel restrictions, etc are lifted. That being said, I still think they’re coming back even though WDW continues to botch what is actually a very generous refund policy.

have people gotten AP refunds back to the credit card? I haven't seen any check in the mail, but I hope if there was one it didn't get pitched as junk mail.

I am at Disney today. Our original APs expire tomorrow. We received a refund over $1k for our 3 APs. MDE still shows February expiration. Guest relations confirmed in person that this was accurate. I do not understand what Disney is doing but Ill take it.
I wouldn’t argue it either lol. However, I’ve had multiple phone calls with customer service over 4 different APs. Disposition varied for each Kept the extension, partial refund & others cancelled entirely. For the ones with refunds due to refusing the extension, reminded each call that the expiry date would eventually reflect the correct information.

Canceled ours in July. Two gold passes that were just renewed in Feb 2020, less than a month before the shut down.

Still nothing - no refund. No update. But the passes did drop off of MDE about 2 weeks ago.

My guess? Fiscal year 2020 ends at the end of September. Maybe they’re waiting to push some of this to fiscal year 2021? Spread out the damages?

For those who received a refund check, was there any memo or calculation/explanation included? From what I read, it sounded like no explanation was included, and everyone’s left to guess how the refund was calculated and whether it was accurate or not.

For those who received a refund check, was there any memo or calculation/explanation included? From what I read, it sounded like no explanation was included, and everyone’s left to guess how the refund was calculated and whether it was accurate or not.

We asked for the partial refund in June, the same day the 117 day extension showed up on our passes. We paid for renewals with gift cards. The check just came with this “stub”:

C380043E-51CE-45AC-87D6-43918473FD0B.jpeg

No other explanation or paperwork. We did not want or ask for ask for the full cancellation, so I am assuming this is for the closure period only. Our passes still show valid with the extension included. Our expiration should be early December, but right now shows early May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!