• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP or MYW non-exp?

SFLTIGGER

Mouseketeer
Which way to go and why?

Should we buy AP or non expiring 7 or 10 day MYW tickets?:headache:

Can't decide, Please help!:confused:

We are Florida residents, we are going 6 days/ 5 nights end of May (plus 3 nights VB) and 3 nights for EYE in December.

A Seasonal Pass entitles you to admission** to Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney-MGM Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Except the following dates:
* January 1, 2007 - January 5, 2007
* March 31, 2007 - April 13, 2007
* June 9, 2007 - August 16, 2007
* December 22, 2007 - December 31, 2007
**Except for activities/events separately priced.
Seasonal pass is $223. and only available to Fla residents. This will work for your May trip but not the end of DEC.

MYW no exp hopper $320.5 for 7 days and $409. for 10 days

Annual pass $334.00, for Fla residents the AP is only about a $5.00 savings over regular price.
If you plan on gpoing to a resort every day you are there than the AP is best assuming EYE has to do with New Years Eve. otherwise the Fla resident season pass looks very good..

Every few years, we purchase a non-expiry MYW PLUS ticket - they come loaded with waterpark, Disney quest admissions. We typically use one or maybe two PLUS visits per trip, so they make a great compliment to the AP we do on other years. We're now on our last PLUS visit from tickets bought in 2004, so we'll likely do non-expiry MYW tickets next year.

Every few years, we purchase a non-expiry MYW PLUS ticket - they come loaded with waterpark, Disney quest admissions. We typically use one or maybe two PLUS visits per trip, so they make a great compliment to the AP we do on other years. We're now on our last PLUS visit from tickets bought in 2004, so we'll likely do non-expiry MYW tickets next year.

That's what we did 2 years ago. We used the non-exp both 2005 & 2006 and still have PLUS left.

We are trying to get out of the habit of killing our self by cramming as much into a day as we can :crazy: Go figure 15 years and we still can't break the habit :rotfl2:

Seasonal does not seem like a good idea because of NYE trip and we don't know that we will be able to make a 3 trip before end of May next year.

Having a hard time justifying the $. Hey AP people, confince me why I should :grouphug:

This morning I just decided to purchase the MYW 10 day non-expiring instead of the AP. I feel more comfortable with this. If you do not get back to WDW within the year...you still have them to use the next year and the year after!!

I will always have an AP, but I go several times a year, so it works for me. My dh only goes every other year, so an AP isn't a great deal for him, even with the DVC discount. I got him a 10 non-exir ph in May '06. He used 4 days on it, then a day in Jan. This coming August he will use the remaining 5 days. And since my dd is now in middle school, missing classtime is not very easy, so she will be getting an expir. 5 day pass, so she'll be on the same schedule as her dad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter