AP Previews: How do we get it all done in a 4 hour time-slot?

MouseMamaToMany

Mouseketeer
I’m sure so many folks are thrilled to get to participate in the AP previews next month. Now that the high from getting a slot has subsided a bit, my planning brain has kicked in. I’ve got Oga’s + MFSR during my 9-1 slot. I’d ideally love to see and do as much as humanly possible, as well as maybe get lucky and get a couple of trips on the Millennium Falcon! Does anyone have a plan of attack yet? Where to start? Oga’s, maybe? I think that filled very quickly during previews at Disneyland. How will you approach your time in Batuu?

Last edited:
Following! We were thrilled to get this opportunity! We got the 11:00-3:00 spot on 08/18. Really, you got a great spot to get in first at 9:00 am... that means your group will have 2 hours all by yourselves with no overlap! I plan on researching how the reservation times went at DLR and basing our plan on that. We also got the reservation with MFSR + Oga's. I wonder... as long as you are in line for MFSR before your time slot is up, would they kick you out? We don't plan to do that, but if necessary I like to know my options! ;) Interested to see other's perspectives here.

Watching DLR the first couple days it had opened. MFSR wait times was 60 the first hour. But after that dropped to 30 minutes. Curious how they will do the reservations for Ogas. Could see them having you check in if you have a reservation.

Watching DLR the first couple days it had opened. MFSR wait times was 60 the first hour. But after that dropped to 30 minutes. Curious how they will do the reservations for Ogas. Could see them having you check in if you have a reservation.

Yes. It seemed like everyone rushed to MFSR and then looked around after. I didn't see the preview times. Are they overlapping the times for two hours like DL?

Yes. It seemed like everyone rushed to MFSR and then looked around after. I didn't see the preview times. Are they overlapping the times for two hours like DL?

Edited because there are overlapping

Last edited:

I think a four hour time slot sounds like a long time to me.

I don’t imagine we’ll be there the whole time, unless there is a 2 to 3 hour wait for the ride or something, in which case, we’ll probably skip it. I just want to look around a bit and grab a quick drink from Oga’s Cantina. :)

These are the time slots I had too. No overlap. We have a 9-1 preview time on August 17. I was thinking of doing MFSR first and then the Oga’s.

9-1, 11-3, 1-5, 3-7, 5-9
They overlap. Is unlikely they'll kick people out after their four hours. You will not be able to ride MFSR, or probably build a droid after your time period but you'll be able to stay and enjoy the land

Looking at the Meet Up thread, there's different times every day! I thought I had missed out on the evening slot for the 17th...but it looks like there is not an evening spot that day! (We got 9-1, which is just fine)

I too am wondering how to get things done in such a short amount of time. My initial thought was to hit the ride and then go to Oga's. But as you said, Oga's filled up quickly at DL. I know that someone mentioned the possibility of FP tickets for the ride - I would really love to see that and/or set reservation times for Oga's. Perhaps that would mean that we would get time to just take it all in! We will be back in the fall, so whatever we miss out on I am hoping we can fit in at that time. We are also really hoping that the Rival Run in April goes through Galaxy's Edge 8-)

Looking at the Meet Up thread, there's different times every day! I thought I had missed out on the evening slot for the 17th...but it looks like there is not an evening spot that day! (We got 9-1, which is just fine)

I too am wondering how to get things done in such a short amount of time. My initial thought was to hit the ride and then go to Oga's. But as you said, Oga's filled up quickly at DL. I know that someone mentioned the possibility of FP tickets for the ride - I would really love to see that and/or set reservation times for Oga's. Perhaps that would mean that we would get time to just take it all in! We will be back in the fall, so whatever we miss out on I am hoping we can fit in at that time. We are also really hoping that the Rival Run in April goes through Galaxy's Edge 8-)
If you didn't sign up for oga you will most likely not get in, unless they do some sort of standby/text system

You certainly can get a lot done in four hours. Disneyland previews and reservation times were four hours. There is obviously a cap on these slots so I can't see there being major crowds during each period either.

In Disneyland people found that when a time slot just started Falcon wait time went up and then went back down a bit later in the time slot. So maybe waiting a little bit into your time slot to ride Falcon is the way to go.

I was there on opening day at Disneyland with a 8pm-12am time slot and 4 hours is plenty to explore some and ride MFSR multiple times especially if you have a time slot with only one overlap. During my reservation I was able to go straight to Savi's for my lightsaber, explore the marketplace, dok ondar's, & droid depot, and ride MFSR 3 times (2 standby, 1 single rider)

I posted a more detailed review of my reservation period experience here
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...rmation-thread.3727093/page-127#post-60685408

You certainly can get a lot done in four hours. Disneyland previews and reservation times were four hours. There is obviously a cap on these slots so I can't see there being major crowds during each period either.

In Disneyland people found that when a time slot just started Falcon wait time went up and then went back down a bit later in the time slot. So maybe waiting a little bit into your time slot to ride Falcon is the way to go.

I wondered that too...going against the crowd can sometimes work in your favor. Plus, we have the 9-1 slot on the 17th, so we have 2 hours until the next group comes in. Maybe Ogas the first hour and Falcon the second hour...wandering and shopping the 3rd and 4th hours...

My guess since they made you choose Oga's for your preview is they will give you a time frame for Oga's to try and spread people out so they don't have a line formed.

Good Point. And the confirmation email said we would get more info a few days prior to the preview. I guess we should just be happy we got a spot...and now just worry about getting our plane tickets and hotel booked :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter