AP Price increase coming?

Cinderella94

I miss my tags!
Hi all, have there been any rumors or speculation about AP Price increases coming up in advance of SWGE opening? Thanks!

Hi all, have there been any rumors or speculation about AP Price increases coming up in advance of SWGE opening? Thanks!

I predict prices will go up as they do every year. The only "new" thing coming could be some kind of new blockout dates for DHS, but who knows.

Similar question--Do you think park hopper tickets will increase soon? I am sitting on a $500 GC, which will be used to buy a ticket for my DS's GF for our Thanksgiving trip. I am hesitant about buying the ticket now, because I want to make sure she is able to go. But I also don't want to pay a higher price. The 3-day PH has gone up $100 since last year! I will be booking FPs at the end of September and was planning on buying the ticket a couple of weeks before that, but I'll buy it earlier to avoid a price increase.

Similar question--Do you think park hopper tickets will increase soon? I am sitting on a $500 GC, which will be used to buy a ticket for my DS's GF for our Thanksgiving trip. I am hesitant about buying the ticket now, because I want to make sure she is able to go. But I also don't want to pay a higher price. The 3-day PH has gone up $100 since last year! I will be booking FPs at the end of September and was planning on buying the ticket a couple of weeks before that, but I'll buy it earlier to avoid a price increase.
The only thing that you can really be sure of is that they won't get cheaper. If you buy from undercovertourist you can return unopenned/unassigned tickets. I never had to return one myself, so make sure you read the policy.

I think prices have gone up almost every year.
If SWGE really is a big draw, almost certainly you will see prices go up, or more black out dates on APs.

The only thing that you can really be sure of is that they won't get cheaper. If you buy from undercovertourist you can return unopenned/unassigned tickets. I never had to return one myself, so make sure you read the policy.
The problem with that is I can't buy from Undercover Tourist with a Disney GC. I used to buy from UT, but I learned I can save 19% by buying a Disney GC from my local Kroger (earning fuel points and cashback from my credit card). That's a much bigger savings than UT. I already have the GC, so I'm definitely buying from Disney. I'm just wondering if prices will hike before August 29.

The problem with that is I can't buy from Undercover Tourist with a Disney GC. I used to buy from UT, but I learned I can save 19% by buying a Disney GC from my local Kroger (earning fuel points and cashback from my credit card). That's a much bigger savings than UT. I already have the GC, so I'm definitely buying from Disney. I'm just wondering if prices will hike before August 29.
Yeah, I forgot you said you had the GC. If you buy from Disney and don't end up using it this year you can get the value you paid for it later. So it's locked up until you use it, but you don't lose the money.

Yeah, I forgot you said you had the GC. Of you buy from Disney and don't end up using it this year you can get the calue you paid for it later. So it's locked up until you use it, but you don't lose the money.
That is the plan. If I'm stuck with it, I would use it to buy an AP in a couple of years. But I'd much rather use the $500 GC for our food rather than have it tied up in a ticket. We usually know about price increases a couple of days ahead of time, but the last price increase caught me by surprise.

If I bought an AP certificate at today’s price but didn’t activate it for say 5 years would I owe additional $ to activate and use it then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter