AP Price Increase June 18th, 2019

Just wait until they also announce paid FP+, so you can pay hundreds more for a pass, then pay another $50/day to have what you had before.

Oh that is definitely coming. I was one of the people when I first heard this rumor that said "no way will they have pay for FP+" but now, I think without a doubt Paid FP+ is going to happen.

Feels to me like they want more of the groups that do a big trip once a year or every few years, vs the people that would do multiple trips within the year

They want the family that goes all out once - pays for the upcharge events, does BBB, does dessert parties, etc. - so really push to show that by spending more you get more, and can get this all accomplished in one busy week ..... vs people that would by APs and do multiple trips but do less per trip since they don't need to spend on the upcharges because they can take their time over those multiple trips to get to everything they want
That makes sense.
I know we are taking that approach. I dont feel the need to hit a special party or pay for Early Morning Magic .. because by going three times in a year .. we are covering it all. if we dont get a SDD FP this time .. we will next time .. etc.I dont feel the need to take my daughter to BBB for this special trip .. because her birthday trip in October will be the THIRD time this year we will be there.

We probably are going to spend the time doing more casual things (like visiting every princess) than trying to jam pack it all in one trip and planning all sorts of extras to make it extra special. Just being there again (so soon) is special. (That and SWGE just being open will be pretty darn special for me).

But that being said .. by going three times in a year .. they are getting more money out of me in hotel costs (and food) as opposed to one giant trip. So again . this seems like crowd control.

I like the speculation in the DVC Fan article (on this site) .. that this price increase means that they will possibly offer AP discounts in the fall. The increased prices will help offset the discounts they will give out to help boost atttendance in the fall (which I guess has dropped off because people are scared of the crowds)

I like the speculation in the DVC Fan article (on this site) .. that this price increase means that they will possibly offer AP discounts in the fall. The increased prices will help offset the discounts they will give out to help boost atttendance in the fall (which I guess has dropped off because people are scared of the crowds)

Sure, 25% increase; 3% discount. What a deal.

With Disneyland-like AP prices, will they also be reducing the max # of park days that can be bought for a ticket? (You can’t get more than a 5-day hopper)

With Disneyland-like AP prices, will they also be reducing the max # of park days that can be bought for a ticket? (You can’t get more than a 5-day hopper)
No, WDW is different than DL in that way. People often come for 5 days or more at WDW where at DL many go 5 days or less.

It will be interesting to see how single ticket prices increase now and then compare that back to the updated AP prices. Though, I could never imagine the single ticket prices increasing 25%...

This is insane. Platinum Plus went up 22.6%, IIRC it went up about the same last year. This is basically a middle finger to AP holders, IMHO.

I don't see how they intend on keeping this up. I could afford it, but I could also go to Hawaii for the cost of just APs. The next economic downturn is going to be pretty interesting.
Iger has been middle fingering us since the day he arrived but people have just been ignoring it. I remember when he first got there he exhorbantly raised the price of strollers for families. That was my first inkling of what he was about. Too bad we can remember back when Disney cared

It will be interesting to see how single ticket prices increase now and then compare that back to the updated AP prices. Though, I could never imagine the single ticket prices increasing 25%...
Regular tickets went up not too long ago so I don't think we are due for that just yet

No, WDW is different than DL in that way. People often come for 5 days or more at WDW where at DL many go 5 days or less.
Yes, but I think it was before Cars land that they reduced the max from 6 to 5 days, which helped to increase turnover (make room for new guests)
With International holidays, it would be more difficult to reduce WDW tickets.

Regular tickets went up not too long ago so I don't think we are due for that just yet

Well, two things:
1) Didn't AP prices change not too long ago as well? I think I saw someone mention October 2018 which was less than a year ago.
2) It doesn't necessarily matter when but what they change to. I'm just going to be curious to see how that relationship will compare with the relationship of the two ticket types before this latest AP increase.

Iger has been middle fingering us since the day he arrived but people have just been ignoring it. I remember when he first got there he exhorbantly raised the price of strollers for families. That was my first inkling of what he was about. Too bad we can remember back when Disney cared
While yes Iger certainly is involved he is not in every single price increase decision there is. I would assume he says something to the Parks people like "Let's increase profits or revenue at the parks" Parks people then look over everything and say oh we can increase the price of strollers or whatever. Iger doesn't directly say increase the price of strollers tomorrow.

Well, two things:
1) Didn't AP prices change not too long ago as well? I think I saw someone mention October 2018 which was less than a year ago.
2) It doesn't necessarily matter when but what they change to. I'm just going to be curious to see how that relationship will compare with the relationship of the two ticket types before this latest AP increase.
Regular tickets were last upped in March so I think they wouldn't do it again until late this year or early next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!